Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Lombok (AMI) on MI, or via DPS on SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Lombok (AMI) on MI, or via DPS on SQ?

I thought of a holiday in Lombok (AMI) but I just realised that MI pax are only eligible to use the SATS lounge in Changi! Never been to SATS but it doesn't sound anywhere as good as SKL or am I wrong?

Do you think flying to DPS (on SQ) would be a better idea then taking a speedboat down to AMI? I'd imagine it'd be quite a scenic sea trip

If you are a PPS pax on a Silkair flight, you can use the SQ Silverkris lounges in both T2 & T3.

Are you a PPS member now?

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
      If you are a PPS pax on a Silkair flight, you can use the SQ Silverkris lounges in both T2 & T3.

Are you a PPS member now?
      Nowhere near. I'm a lowly blue card holder. No status whatsoever

Comment

The main advantage of the SKL for me is the selection of food. So, unless you want to have a meal before your flight, the SATS Lounge isn't that bad an option. It has better views, for example.

If I were on holiday, I'd prefer to get to my destination as quickly as possible to get started on the chilling.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

If you're destination is Lombok, not Bali, I'd recommend either using the MI non-stop, or connecting through CGK to AMI via GA. DPS is fine if you're actually going to Bali, but it's not the best transfer location: immigration can get backed up with long lines, the domestic air connections from DPS to AMI can be unreliable (although Trigana isn't bad; avoid Merpati); the transfer to the speedboat is a bit of a pain, unless you charter one, and by all means avoid the regular ferry.

The water trip is pretty, but it can be rough, depending on the season.

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528

Comment

9V: Yeap, saw that thread. That was how I realised MI pax are entitled only to the SATS lounge. I called SQ but the dude on the line told me I could use SKL- I knew the information on SQTalk would be more reliable than from another looney in SQ's Customer Service department!

I just wasn't too sure how valid the pictures were since it was from 2006 but seems like SATS isn't too bad a lounge (Thanks jjpb3).

And since I'm not too familiar with Indonesia, I think I'll heed Bitterroot's advice and fly direct.

Thanks for the inputs, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                The water trip is pretty, but it can be rough, depending on the season.
                That's because I think the Lombok strait that separates it from Bali in the west is where pacific and indian ocean waters converge. It's deep and is also used as a major thoroughfare.

This is in contrast with the alas strait that separates Lombok from Sumbawa in the east which is much shallower.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                  I called SQ but the dude on the line told me I could use SKL- I knew the information on SQTalk would be more reliable than from another looney in SQ's Customer Service department!
                  Glad you realise that

Comment

Maybe this SATS lounge's pictures can give you a global picture of the lounge...

The entrance...

The nice OTO massage chairs...

Buffet area....

Sitting area....

Hope that can help you....

Comment

wish they would renovate the showers and actually clean them sometimes in that lounge.
                      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Would you get access to the SKL if you booked under the code share SQ5220 flight number? And can you book the code share flight if flying ex-SIN?
                        Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Dent@SUB: Thanks for the new pics! I appreciate it. Perhaps a moderator may wish to consider adding it to the thread on the SATS lounge for future reference.

Yes, it really does look nice and cozy and I can see there's a decent selection of food. Maybe I should just get over the complex of getting to use the coverted (at least for us noobs) SKL again and try this one flying MI [=

SQFG: Ah okay, won't want to cross Bali-Lombok then!

Pogonation: Hmm.. I find no record of SQ5220. Is it perhaps no longer in service?

Thanks for all the inputs, guys. Doing my research on Lombok now.

Comment

I just booked tkts to AMI via GA (code-shared flight by MI). Tickets are not available on MI but I can get tickets via GA (even cheaper than MI) and fly by MI metal.
                            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

No DPS

Don't even think about transiting DPS for the sake of a marginal lounge difference, or in fact even if it meant trading off SIN lounge access completely.

DPS is a nightmare and recently its been taking PAX up to 4 hours to clear. Flights DPS-AMI use antiquated Fokker-27's. To catch a fast boat, which incidentally often sink en route, you are looking at being ripped off by taxis, ripped off again by boat operators etc. Also, most of the fast boats go to party central (The Gilli Islands, in particular Trewangan) and not to Lombok. Even were you to get to Lombok, you would still be looking at another 1-2 hours by taxi, and another rip-off, depending on where you are staying.

Welcome to Indonesia ;-)
                              Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Working...
                              X