Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use the personal in-seat telephone before ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember using it a few years back )
    Glad it wasnt my credit card when the bill came

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
      As far as price goes, the cost of using a satellite phone from a ship at sea is in the region of US$5 per minute... At least that was the case in the late 90's.
      it is way cheaper now a days, like USD1.00 per minute.... and you have VSAT, I only have to call a swedish land number I get connected to the ship...
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
        it is way cheaper now a days, like USD1.00 per minute.... and you have VSAT, I only have to call a swedish land number I get connected to the ship...
        Wow, things have changed... Is the connection still as bad as before though?
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
          Wow, things have changed... Is the connection still as bad as before though?
          The connection is like speaking to your next door neighbour , we also equipped them all with iridium phones, which we only use in an emergency, which then the satphones will not be answered fearing media calling in.
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I'm going to book a suite on SQ to the UK, then call my bank manager at 30,000 feet and laugh (well grovel and say sorry)!

Comment

Working...
            X