New safety video released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    Why not rewind a few years into the past when the previous safety video was introduced. Heaps of complains. Over time everyone grew to love it. It will be no different for this one.
    True, we had lots of complained about Qantas' new stylish logo but over time we have seen Qantas' new logo many times. We think that it looks cool and look better than old Qantas' logo. Yeah we grew to love it.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      I noticed it is stretched on the new widescreen displays.
      Haha, With the introduction of a new SQ B77W, the old safety video was fitted to the old PTV only but not for widescreen. I was suprised to see why she was the only one fat flight attendant in it whereas i could see lots of healthy and beautiful cabin crew on my flight.

Comment

I saw in on SQ979 'live' (and not on YouTube) tonight, to give it a fair watch

Kyo's verdict:- it is OK but the lack of a 'jingle' will make a few people disappointed/feel it is not very 'SQ' etc.

The 'flow' does seem to work, and the male attendant at the end - well, I don't get what the fuss is all about. Yes, the interiors are dated but on my regional routes, most of the planes are using dated interiors so whenever SQ decides to reconfigure/re-upholster the entire fleet to a standard product, that's when the safety videos should be made to match. The fact that this is a 'brand new' video proves to me that they have no intention of doing this anytime in the new future.

As far as I can tell, most people will accept this video. I certainly have.

I'm more concerned about when the new product gets standardised!

Comment

Just thought of a flaw in the video. The flight attendant inflates his life vest while inside the cabin. You should only inflate it once your out to prevent you getting stuck in the aircraft if it fills with water.

Comment

I'd rate it as boring and uninspired

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              I saw in on SQ979 'live' (and not on YouTube) tonight, to give it a fair watch

Kyo's verdict:- it is OK but the lack of a 'jingle' will make a few people disappointed/feel it is not very 'SQ' etc.

The 'flow' does seem to work, and the male attendant at the end - well, I don't get what the fuss is all about. Yes, the interiors are dated but on my regional routes, most of the planes are using dated interiors so whenever SQ decides to reconfigure/re-upholster the entire fleet to a standard product, that's when the safety videos should be made to match. The fact that this is a 'brand new' video proves to me that they have no intention of doing this anytime in the new future.

As far as I can tell, most people will accept this video. I certainly have.

I'm more concerned about when the new product gets standardised!
              Completely agree with your fair and balanced comments. I don't get what all the fuss is about, it feels updated for the 21st century and the "flow" works. My personal complaint is actually how crap it looks on the old 777 screens. But maybe that's just because the planes are so darn old.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                Just thought of a flaw in the video. The flight attendant inflates his life vest while inside the cabin. You should only inflate it once your out to prevent you getting stuck in the aircraft if it fills with water.
                The life vest should be inflated at the door just before one steps out and it is so in the video.
                Last edited by kluau88; 5 April 2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Agree with Kyo 100%, exactly how I feel as well.

Comment

Anyone notice the simulated plane that is shown right at the end of the video? It appears to be a A330 with winglets but yet has the engines of a 777. Wierd...
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Apparently there is one more version which shows the old economy seats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4YYaI8PrUY

My Travel Map

Comment

IIRC they also filmed the old video when the new classes were launched right? Perhaps it would have been better for them to stick to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                          Apparently there is one more version which shows the old economy seats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4YYaI8PrUY
                          Interesting...
                          Is there anything specifically for F/J?
                          There are no F/J cabin pictures on the new videos IIRC, unlike the old video.

Comment

Slightly off-topic, I stumbled upon this safety video of MAS Wings, a subsidiary of MH. Quite cleverly filmed and light-hearted too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=468IIVcf5b8

My Travel Map

Comment

I am so used to the background music on the current video, I think I may miss it when the new one comes out!

Comment

Took SQ327 MUC-SIN on 16th April. 9V-SWQ. Still showing the old ones.

Oh gawd... Couldn't they have like... Remake the old safety video in a newer plane setting like the 380/77W/333? It really looks cheap!

Comment

Working...
                                X