No announcement yet.

Shanghai Sector, F and C questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sq836 is still the old Y and J, shows how used you get to the newer kit, bigger screens etc as the screens on that flight seem so small now. The seats seem bigger though, maybe its just because they are so worn! They were pretty grim, material falling off, dirty, the controller covered in a sticky unknown substance.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
      sq836 is still the old Y and J, shows how used you get to the newer kit, bigger screens etc as the screens on that flight seem so small now. The seats seem bigger though, maybe its just because they are so worn! They were pretty grim, material falling off, dirty, the controller covered in a sticky unknown substance.
      I totally agree, once you get the new seats, when you're forced to fly the old seats you want to cry. It truly makes me wonder why SQ doesn't use Pleather or actual leather on their seats. Lufthansa's black leather seats don't show their wear and tear as much as those icky Purple seats.

Comment

I'm thinking of SQ835 mid-September - would this be operated already by the new Regional C?

According to 9V-JKL, the answer is yes?

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...91&postcount=3

I'm also thinking of SQ833, where I think the answer is no, only old regional C.

Thanks in advance...

Comment

What dates are you doing Kyo as I'll be doing a similar sort of time.
          Last edited by 225; 17 August 2010, 03:55 PM. Reason: Did not read the post about updates to new regional seats properly...

Comment

C class on SQ828 will be the newly fitted ones right?

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
              What dates are you doing Kyo as I'll be doing a similar sort of time.
              On the Monday

Do pop me a PM if you're there... (will also be @ PVG on a Sunday, but landside only)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                I'm thinking of SQ835 mid-September - would this be operated already by the new Regional C?

According to 9V-JKL, the answer is yes?

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...91&postcount=3

I'm also thinking of SQ833, where I think the answer is no, only old regional C.

Thanks in advance...
                Yes SQ 835 is new regional C.

And SQ 833 is still the old regional C.

Comment

Thanks feb01mel - For some reason, SQ is unable to assign (not blocked) 11A or K regardless on SQ835. The most they could do is make a note to request for it once check-in opens.

Comment

Thanks feb01mel - For some reason, SQ is unable to assign (not blocked) 11A or K regardless on SQ835. The most they could do is make a note to request for it once check-in opens.
                    Kyo,

For new regional C on SQ835, there isn't seats 11A & 11K, only 11D and 11F.

No more first class for you huh? I thought of going for 836/833 on first class, but damn, is the old seats and the old IFE.

They have satay still on first & business class right ? I wonder how is the food selection now on first ?

Comment

No idea about the satay on a flight of this length... and unfortunately no *A-F redemptions available ex-PVG on the day I fly out,

I don't find F really compelling as the main highlight ex-China for me was to try the 'shi quan shi mei'. The regional F vs J seats probably don't matter so much, once again, due to flight duration.

Comment

I don't find F really compelling as the main highlight ex-China for me was to try the 'shi quan shi mei'. The regional F vs J seats probably don't matter so much, once again, due to flight duration.
                        No more "shi quan shi mei" also ex PVG????
                        I thought they only deleted it from HKG sector...
                        One more reason not to look after F seat on China's sectors...

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                          Kyo,

They have satay still on first & business class right ? I wonder how is the food selection now on first ?
                          No Satay for the J lunch menu I had last time

Comment

Dent@SUB - 'Shi Quan Shi Mei' is totally gone for good. It's a permanent enhancement. If you missed it, you won't get a chance to try it again...

Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                              The retrofitted aircrafts will be on flights SQ827, SQ831 and SQ 835.
                              So SQ 828, which I assume returns as SQ 831, is scheduled as the retrofitted a/c?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                                So SQ 828, which I assume returns as SQ 831, is scheduled as the retrofitted a/c?
                                Yes...

Comment

Working...
                                X