Shanghai Sector, F and C questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanghai Sector, F and C questions

SQ 828 on April 1st and SQ 835 on April 5th. Annoyed that I begged and pleaded with mother to get us an upgrade and it's the old seats. Sigh, Not much chance that they would switch out the planes at the last minute right?

Also, I wonder but what are the chances of getting bumped to First on an SQ flight that is quite empty? I.e. 2 seats taken, me and mother? Or is that just something that's not done?

Hi coffeeblack,

Yes, those 2 flights will be on the old regional seats on B777-200. And most of the time, the IFE will be non-AVOD also. Plane switch for this flight is super slim chance as these 2 flights are usually not the peak flights due to the timing. Unless you pray something happens to the original aircraft, then there will be an equipment change.

If C class is pretty empty, zero chance of bumping up to F. Apr 5th is still a bit far out, so hopefully the load will pick up soon. By chance, do you have any status? If C class is oversold, they will bump pax up to F by status.

Also, to give you an insight on the meal service for C & F. SQ 828 will be serving brunch (NOT lunch), and SQ 835 serving dinner. Brunch is usually not a full meal service. If you take SQ 830/832/836 these will be full lunch/dinner meal services.
    Last edited by feb01mel; 14 February 2010, 03:54 PM. Reason: Added on content

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
      SQ 828 on April 1st and SQ 835 on April 5th. Annoyed that I begged and pleaded with mother to get us an upgrade and it's the old seats. Sigh, Not much chance that they would switch out the planes at the last minute right?

Also, I wonder but what are the chances of getting bumped to First on an SQ flight that is quite empty? I.e. 2 seats taken, me and mother? Or is that just something that's not done?
      I never did liked the SQ 828 flight very much as I found it is too early in the morning. Breakfast is not my favourite meal on SQ and preferred lunch. If you want the full SQ service, suggest going for the lunch flight.

I don't know of a SQ 835 flight though, however, it could be me missing something.

As far as possible do avoid the non-AVOD flights. The number of non-AVOD flights to PVG has dropped significantly based on my own personal experiences...and Thank Goodness.

Chances of upgrading are probably nil in an empty flight. SQ only performs operational upgrades. But anyway, Biz class seats are good enough in most areas.

Do enjoy your flight to PVG on SQ. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

I would suggest changing your flights to SQ826/827 if you want to have a nice seat.

Comment

See what's annoying is I'm constrained by my mother's timetable. GRRR If only i'd known ahead of time! My Mom's Solitaire and I'm Silver

DAMN OLD PLANES! Angry now! Those saver miles could have gone a MUCH longer way!

Comment

Can anyone confirm if SQ830 from SIN -> Shanghai comes with the refurbished F class seats? SQ website shows 2 configuration, one old and one new.

Comment

benlee,

Unfortunately, No, SQ830 is still the old seats on the 773.

As for the 773 with the new retrofit seats, currently it is operated only on the SYD sector (SQ231/SQ232).

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                benlee,

Unfortunately, No, SQ830 is still the old seats on the 773.

As for the 773 with the new retrofit seats, currently it is operated only on the SYD sector (SQ231/SQ232).
                Thanks for the info. I thought they are rolling it out starting Mar 10. In that case, I'll keep my existing booking then.

Comment

Does anyone know if SQ831 on the 777-200 has the new regional J yet? Managed to get a saver upgrade so hope its the new kit, had a search round and I think it may be.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                    Does anyone know if SQ831 on the 777-200 has the new regional J yet? Managed to get a saver upgrade so hope its the new kit, had a search round and I think it may be.
                    Thanks
                    My experiences are that SQ831 is having the new regional J in service. But there could be exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                      Thanks
                      Yes, confirm, SQ831 is on the retrofitted regional J.

Comment

Great thanks guys.

Comment

SQ833 has the old seats in Y according to the master thread on which planes are plying which routes. Anyone know if that has changed recently?

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                            SQ833 has the old seats in Y according to the master thread on which planes are plying which routes. Anyone know if that has changed recently?
                            No, it is still unchanged as of now, it is still the old seats. The retrofitted aircrafts will be on flights SQ827, SQ831 and SQ 835.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                              The retrofitted aircrafts will be on flights SQ827, SQ831 and SQ 835.
                              ... which still have the old seats in Y (in new covers, if that matters). The IFE gets new clothes, but is otherwise the same System 3000i.

Comment

Working...
                              X