Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airbus A380 cabins revealed today as SIA confirms Sydney route will be world's first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
    Does anybody wonder why First Class is always downstairs (as in the B747) while Business is given the top level (like the upstairs cabin of a B747)? From a status perspective, it would seem logical that the more "private" upper cabin should be allocated to First. I suspect this is very much due to weight considerations?
    The rich are lazy

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      The rich are lazy
      Oh yeah... The rich = Big, fat and lazy. Hence the need to keep the centre of gravity low.
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
        Does anybody wonder why First Class is always downstairs (as in the B747)
        Not always. LH has their F on the upperdeck. BR at one stage also had F on the upper deck.

Comment

Hi, just a bit curious, i've had a bit of a look, my apologies if this has been mentioned in another thread, but which Sydney flight will get the A380 first? I'm flying SIN-SYD on my way back from Europe at the end of January next year - not sure about the flight number but it's the flight that gets to Sydney early in the morning, how likely is it that this flight will be on an A380?

Hmm I have no idea if it's 231 or 221, have to check, is there any chance that both would be A380?
          Last edited by klinitco; 17 April 2007, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Ladies and gents here she is the first fully painted SQ A380!!!!
            looking at the windows between doors 1 and 2 theres seems to be alot missing. Maybe SQ does have something interesting up their sleaves

http://210.193.52.109/staging/A380/g..._painting.html

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
              looking at the windows between doors 1 and 2 theres seems to be alot missing. Maybe SQ does have something interesting up their sleaves
              This would make sense if the F cabin is:
              1-0-1
              1-0-1
              1-2-1
              1-2-1

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                This would make sense if the F cabin is:
                1-0-1
                1-0-1
                1-2-1
                1-2-1
                You will need to explain this to me zvezda - i know i'm not the brightest crayon in the pack.

I thought the missing windows might suggest exclusive cabins for each F pax.

Comment

Originally posted by klinitco View Post
                  Hi, just a bit curious, i've had a bit of a look, my apologies if this has been mentioned in another thread, but which Sydney flight will get the A380 first? I'm flying SIN-SYD on my way back from Europe at the end of January next year - not sure about the flight number but it's the flight that gets to Sydney early in the morning, how likely is it that this flight will be on an A380?

Hmm I have no idea if it's 231 or 221, have to check, is there any chance that both would be A380?
                  If I would take a guess, it would be SQ 221 that leaves SIN at 20:30 and returns as SQ 232 that leaves SYD at around 11:30. Anyone here has inside info?

Comment

She is a BEAUTY

I agree that the missing windows probably suggest that we will see a different F here. Maybe???

Comment

Originally posted by SQveteran View Post
                      You will need to explain this to me zvezda
                      Suppose, hypothetically, that the same F seats will be used as are now used on the 777-300ER. Why have a window where the foot of one seat meets the head of the next? No one can see out of it and it's very difficult to open and close.

Comment

Ummm...I'm being asked for a username and password for that site, so can't see it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          Ummm...I'm being asked for a username and password for that site, so can't see it yet.

There are some pics here
                          http://www.vpmag.com/yssy/viewtopic.php?t=19104

Comment

I am also of the opinion that the missing windows might indicate the 'private cabin' configuration for each Suite.
                            Seems like the 'New First Class' product is designed for the confines of the 77W cabin dimensions.
                            The A380 cabin is much bigger and I am sure SQ has something up their sleeves for the A380 First Class product.

Comment

The plugged windows are most likely for the same reason CX has plugged two of the windows in the F cabin on their newly remodelled fin HKT. Very simple ... that window falls right between two suites (and at least on CX I was told) it was to prevent "disagreements between F passengers .. one wishing it raise while the other lowered". On SQ the Row 1 suite has the extra storage locker in front to store the pillows and bedding. My guess is that the windows that are plugged fall right behind these storage lockers and thus virtually inaccessible.
                              Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, CPWingwalker.
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X