Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else seen the letter in this months Business Traveller Asia Pacific ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must agree that the reply from SQ was rather pathetic!

Comment

Gosh.. I reckon many local customers who'd normally pay for Business Class tickets would have gotten permanentlt turned off. And these seats came out 3 years ago right?

Comment

deleted
        Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I admit I haven't seen the latest BTAP (presuming it's out), but wonder how many KF members have (after picking their jaws up off the floor having read SQ's reply) wrote in to make a few salient points about how much our 'patronage is highly valued' and how much they change to 'better meet our needs'.

Presuming they would even be published of course.

Comment

Sign...SQ has deproved greatly over the past decade...from the falling standards of services (wonder what is the cabin crew training manager doing ?), to the at times dirty seats and toilets, the very pathetic silver kris lounge in certain stations, including LON, AND THE HORRIBLE STAR ALLIANCE LOUNGE for business passengers in FRA. At least it still "a safe way to fly".

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Guy View Post
              Sign...SQ has deproved greatly over the past decade...from the falling standards of services (wonder what is the cabin crew training manager doing ?), to the at times dirty seats and toilets, the very pathetic silver kris lounge in certain stations, including LON, AND THE HORRIBLE STAR ALLIANCE LOUNGE for business passengers in FRA. At least it still "a safe way to fly".
              I don't think the lounge situation in FRA has much to do with SQ's standards.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

SQ have featured again in the letters section of this months Business Traveller AP. Cant scan it unfortunately, but basically someone is complaining about the zero award availability in R Class.

SQ's response is as weak as its previous one i.e. R class is an unrivalled product and they only want commercial bookings to make it exclusive, we value our customers, thanks for your feedback, will review again in a gazillion years time when we next 'enhance' our programme etc etc.

Maybe someone can post the letter/response?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
                  SQ have featured again in the letters section of this months Business Traveller AP. Cant scan it unfortunately, but basically someone is complaining about the zero award availability in R Class.

SQ's response is as weak as its previous one i.e. R class is an unrivalled product and they only want commercial bookings to make it exclusive, we value our customers, thanks for your feedback, will review again in a gazillion years time when we next 'enhance' our programme etc etc.

Ha ha ha. This is totally expected.

Comment

Totally expected response.....

Hmm, what would the reality be if SQ opened up R for redemption, I am not so sure there would be a flood of redemption bookings and R would be full week in week out? How many people (KF or other Star Alliance members) would want to spend what will no doubt be a HUGE number of miles for the privilege? Lets face it SQ would charge a premium in mileage over and above first....

Maybe the shorter A380 sectors would be more attractive, but Europe > Singapore > Australia return on an R redemption would take a zillion miles each way.

Madness SQ......

Comment

i seem to recall SQ restricting current f redemption to 1 per flight for * alliance and 1 for KF. It may open up 72 hours before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post

What a surprise.

What is clear is that something has gone awry in the relationship between SQ and their fan club at Business Traveller, as this is the third critical letter in a couple of years. Previously they comically they would not print anything critical of SQ. I can only think SQ must have cut their advertising with them, or a competitor has increased theirs.

To be honest I could care less about redemption in F on the 380. I don't expect them to ever allow that, save for maybe an amusingly high number of miles.

What is a disgrace, and a complete p*ss take out of members of their own FFP, is the continuing ban on redemptions in J on the 380 and 77W, made even worse by the fact that pax in other FFP's can redeem at saver rates.

Comment

I noticed they recently printed a rather bland letter reminding us how good SQ are recently, and there is a full page add on the inside cover of this months BTAP so maybe they have made up.

On a related note, is anyone going to the Business Traveller event at the Fullerton on 26th May ?. I wonder if that's been done to try and mend some bridges after a couple of critical letters and the recent article having a pop at them still flying old crap cabins on certain flights to Australia.

Comment

Working...
                          X