Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else seen the letter in this months Business Traveller Asia Pacific ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else seen the letter in this months Business Traveller Asia Pacific ?

First of all I had to get over the shock of them actually printing a letter that is critical of SQ. Although this is the second one I have seen now in the last couple of years, so something must have changed....

Anyway, it's a very fair letter of complaint about the effective ban on upgrades and awards on the 77W and A380, particulalry the 180,000 miles they now want for a Y to J upgrade.

The reply from SQ has some laughable comments in it.
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 28 January 2010, 02:42 PM.

Any chance you could give the highlights?

Comment

Yup, saw it.
      They had to use the 'not all FFP is equal' excuse.

Comment

Read that much earlier. Not impressed with the reply. Still waiting for the day that the FFP to show some marked improvements. Noted that other airline is doing better in the FFP section of Biz Traveller AP's annual survey's reader opinion of Airlines.

Comment

This not available online, I presume?

Comment

Paid subscription from what I can see....
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

If someone has the article - I would be most greatful. Want to comment on the article and send a letter to our beloved SQ CEO...

Comment

deleted
                Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

While the letter is still behind the subscription barrier, I’ve put it onto our forum at businesstraveller.asia so it can be viewed along with the response from SIA
                  http://asia.businesstraveller.com/di...r-Asia-edition

We also have recently had quite an animated debate about SIA (amongst others) with regards to business class, and that forum thread can be viewed here
                  http://asia.businesstraveller.com/di...rs-please-note

Comment

Yep their assertion that FFP's differ while correct completely misses the point of the complaint : that they have effectively banned Y to J upgrades on their no longer brand new JCL product, unless you are prepared to pony up an inordinate amount of miles. They have done that themselves.

A couple of particular gems from their reply are:

All feedback is taken into account, however, and changes are being made regularly to our programme to better meet the needs of our customers
                    What utter nonsense. Do they think people actually believe this guff ?.
                    We would like to assure Mr Rowlands and all our loyal customers that their patronage is highly valued (really ? you've got a real funny way of showing it...)and feedback is taken into account in ongoing reviews of our marketing initiatives.
                    The PR man may have changed, but the bullsh*t stays the same...

Thanks for opening up the link, Tom. As I said, it's nice to see these letters about SQ are finally getting through the automated warning system.
                    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 29 January 2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

The BS smells still the same from here...

Comment

180,000 miles for an upgrade? I'm better off flying MH now, their FFP (Enrich) can be more worth taking up sometimes, one reason is because they have redemption promos every now and then I find SQ's "replies" more like excuses. Take this for example "All feedback is taken into account, however, and changes are being made regularly to our programme to better meet the needs of our customers". What a joke.

Comment

SQ was my carrier of choice until last year, but I honestly have to say I prefer NH, OZ and yes TG in and out of BKK (their F ground service/product, not necessarily their inflight service/product).

It just seems to me that the management of SQ has gotten not only full of themselves, but out of touch with their customers and market conditions. If they haven't done so, SQ management really should read Jim Collin's "How the Mighty Fall"...... IMHO your at stage 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Lie_flat_seatlover View Post
                            SQ was my carrier of choice until last year, but I honestly have to say I prefer NH, OZ and yes TG in and out of BKK (their F ground service/product, not necessarily their inflight service/product).

It just seems to me that the management of SQ has gotten not only full of themselves, but out of touch with their customers and market conditions. If they haven't done so, SQ management really should read Jim Collin's "How the Mighty Fall"...... IMHO your at stage 2.
                            I read an extract of an interview with Time Magazine online. One point he mentioned in that interview is a shift from basic humble values to an arrogant one. And that they magically deserved success.

The problem with trying to give an honest and kind feedback is that I sometimes get the impression that we are considered to be complaining too much. Some of the passengers definitely do but not all of the passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                              The problem with trying to give an honest and kind feedback is that I sometimes get the impression that we are considered to be complaining too much. Some of the passengers definitely do but not all of the passengers.
                              Yup, this is quite true IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                              X