Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know when will be operate 77A between DXB-SIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for quick response

a) if not flat then is it significantly more comfortable than the regional business seat?

b) isn't caviar halal?

c) yippee!

Comment

a) No (that's MY humble opinion only, others may disagree)

b) Apparently, yes

In Islam generally all sea or river animals such as fish are lawful and halal which applies to the sturgeon as well as its caviar (depending on which school of practice), though in Twelver Shi'a Islam the creature has to have scales.

c) Seriously. It's pyjamas, not a gold bar. If you really need a pair, I'd be happy to give you a set of SQ F pjs. Which I think hasn't been used... although I won't 100% guarantee that...

Really the major 'benefit' is TPR access. And I think even that is wayyy overrated.

Comment

But for people with too much money or miles....

Comment

justification (if any needed) for gratification

Originally posted by hsf View Post
          But for people with too much money or miles....
          Yes I agree that it must appear absurd to upgrade when the product isn't that much better but its not that clear to me that there are many better ways to utilise miles

a) hefty taxes for economy redemptions and low special fares ie may as well purchase economy fares

b) diminishing availability of saver upgrades or redemptions

c) difficulty using KF miles to upgrade on other Star Alliance carriers due to ticket class restrictions

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Really the major 'benefit' is TPR access. And I think even that is wayyy overrated.
            and the Krug/Dom if you like champagne

Comment

small consolations

Originally posted by G_G View Post
              and the Krug/Dom if you like champagne
              glad to have something to sip on whilst waiting for the ash to hit the fan!

Comment

1st is 1st

In a world full of woe and worry, I must admit that it was a really pleasant experience to have flown the much derided "regional" first to Dubai and beyond.

To begin with the Private Room provided a tasty supper very efficiently. The oversized dining room chairs suggest that most first class passengers fly alone but I liked being able to spread out my laptop and bags.

No caviar but a delicious and comforting soto ayam with really decent chili

The crew correctly sensed my desire to change into pyjamas and sleep so I had a long undisturbed rest

The regional first seat is a long way from being lie flat but in some ways its better as one did not slip. Bottom line is that I slept well.

So kudos to SQ for providing an excellent service and product.

Comment

Originally posted by cplh View Post
                  The regional first seat is a long way from being lie flat but in some ways its better as one did not slip. Bottom line is that I slept well.
                  So you pay First to be grateful that you could at least get a nap which bottom line is better than no sleep? Wonderful. SQ loves passengers like you. Huge price tag, pathetic product, customer happy. I would love to do business with you.

Comment

Well the poster doesn't mention if he paid for it... or if someone else did

Or perhaps a redemption?

Comment

Yes it was a redemption and as discussed elsewhere there was not that many ways of upgrading on savers these days.

This customer was happy to be a) flying (the volcanic ash episode nearly derailed my meeting) and b) arriving in Istanbul fresh enough to spend a lovely spring day on the Bosphorus.

I do realise that there are lots of gripes about declining standards in SQ but perhaps I am fortunate not to experience them (yet)

Comment

Working...
                      X