Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know when will be operate 77A between DXB-SIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know when will be operate 77A between DXB-SIN?

hi there

is anyone know when will be operate 77A between dxb-sin?

when i call to sia local office, they said, we don't know...

Enhanced 777 on DXB-SIN

feb01mel have posted this info on another topic (refurbishment of 777s)

"Flight Number Weekly Frequency Effective from
    Sydney SQ 231/232 7x 22 July
    Sydney SQ 219/220 7x Will be progressively introduced between October and December
    Riyadh (via Dubai) SQ 454/453 4x
    Istanbul (via Dubai) SQ 490/491 6x
    Dubai SQ 494/495 1x
    Shanghai SQ 830/833 7x
    SQ 836/825 7x"

Do note that currently not all are converted to the enhanced 777. Just flew 772 on 453 from DXB to SIN last thurs. Even the singapore arrival video looked like a 80s film.
    there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Article here: http://www.singaporeair.com/mediacen...ws/NE_4009.jsp

if you have a krisflyer account, log in to do dummy redemptions on First Class for DXB-SIN flights, you will notice that dates before Dec 09, the First Class saver awards are offered...From Jan 2010 onwards First Class saver awards are not offered, even though the aircraft type is still B777-300. If First Class saver awards are not offered, means that the route is using refitted B777-300A, if it is, its the old B777-300, which has 18 seats in First Class.

Exception is for SIN-Shanghai flights, even though from Jan 2010 onwards, the aircraft is B777-300A, First Class saver awards are available for the new First Class seats. Called SIA reservations to check the seatmap and there are 8 seats in First Class, which is the refitted B777-300A.

Comment

any further news on sin-dxb?

Is there any update on whether SQ will operate upgraded 777s on this route?

Comment

As per SQ management and CS, still no update, or idea on when these aircraft will be retrofitted. I have a booking for early April which is the new F cabin on the seatmap, however I'm guessing this will change back to the crap 18 seater old style seating. Had a flight last week, was very difficult to get any sleep in those seats. The AVOD, or lack of, is also crap, so unless you enjoy downing krug and reading magazines for 7 hours, go EK.

Comment

is emirates sin-dxb superior to sq?

pardon my ignorance but is the alternative from emirates much better?

i see that emirates flies the 777-ER which advertises a lie flat seat with a 2-3-2 layout but is equipment change common?

the reviews of emirate's new T3 lounge in dubai make for rather alarming reading!

Comment

In my experience EK hardware is way above SQ on this route. In F EK has suites on this route, compared to SQ's 90's non flat 2x2x2 seating. No competition.
              EK J on this route is also far above SQ's. Same layout, but much better seats and IFE.
              SQ F gets use of the Diners Club lounge in DXB, not bad, but no where near as good as the EKF lounge in either T1 or T3. SQ J gets the star alliance lounge, which is not as good as the EK J lounge, again, in both T1 or T3.
              So IMHO EK wins hands down on this route.
              For me the SQ TPR, and 77ER for the rest of my trip makes up for the rest however . Plus when it all comes out of my own pocket, the price is slightly better with SQ.
              Last edited by ecanem22; 8 January 2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Riyadh (via Dubai) SQ 454/453 4x
                Istanbul (via Dubai) SQ 490/491 6x
                Dubai SQ 494/495 1x
                Shanghai SQ 830/833 7x
                SQ 836/825 7x

The above flights are still using the old B777-300, with 18 seats in First Class in April 2010. I tried the online redemption and called SIA reservations and they confirmed that all the flights above are using the aircraft with old seats.

How come the refitting is still not implemented after so long?

Comment

Originally posted by yongchau View Post
                  The above flights are still using the old B777-300, with 18 seats in First Class in April 2010. I tried the online redemption and called SIA reservations and they confirmed that all the flights above are using the aircraft with old seats.

How come the refitting is still not implemented after so long?
                  Problems with the new seats; not yet straightened out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                    Problems with the new seats; not yet straightened out.
                    But F seats are 77W'seats
                    J seats are A333'seats
                    Y seats are the same

Comment

Wonder what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by G_G View Post
                        But F seats are 77W'seats
                        J seats are A333'seats
                        Y seats are the same

Just because the J seats work in the 333s, doesn't mean they work in the 773s. Could be any number of issues - power supplies, AVOD, the tracks on which seats are installed, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
                          Wonder what the problem is.
                          It's due to 'documentation issues' between a seat supplier and regulatory authorities. July/August is when they think everything will be back on track.

Comment

how good (or bad) is regional first?

since there does not appear to be much hope of the planes being upgraded anytime soon, i was wondering if the flight can be made more tolerable by upgrading to regional first?

apologies for being partial to such trivialities but a) is the seat lie flat? b) does one get caviar? and c) a pyjama set?

Comment

A) no
                              B) no
                              C) yes

Comment

Working...
                              X