Help me choose my J Class seats! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose my J Class seats! :)

Hey everyone, absolutely love this site - totally convinced me to splurge and buy myself Business Class in Sing Air. Was originally going to go Thai Air - but they seemed a little inconsistent.

So, here I am - just purchased.

However, this will be the first time in Business Class ever, and first time on Sing Air. Can someone give me a bit of a hint as to the best seats to get?

It's on the Airbus A330-300. I was thinking right up the front, might be more leg room (I'm 188cm, 6'2") ... not that I'm complaining, anything is better than Economy!!

Just not sure - not many seats left, I did leave everything a bit late...

I have 19A and 20K on the long-haul flights on the 777-300ER, but can still swap - but there is literally nothing left. I know I have a brilliant window view of the wing, but it's not like you can see anything up the high, except cloud!

So... yeah, ANY advice you guys could provide that would be swell. I think it just boils down to - should I go up the front, or down the back of Business Class?

Cheers!
    Ben

Which destinations you going to on B777-300ER and A330?

For me, A330 I will choose first row, 11A/C, or 11H/K as the legroom is the most. Also for meals, most likely you will be the first to be served if there is only 1 meal service.

For B777-300ER, I will choose either 11A/K, or 14A/K. Row 11 is in the mini cabin of rows 11 & 12, so it will be more private and quiet.

Row 14 is the first row of the back cabin of business class, it is private too as there is no one beside you. However, the galley is just in front, so it may be bothersome.

Comment

A330 - Brisbane to Singapore.
      B777 - Singapore to Zurich.

Thanks, but I don't think I have access to those seats on the B777 as it's pretty booked up at the moment. I think there is some in Row 14 that are available... will check with my travel agent.

Read in another thread that there is no storage room for 11A/C or 11H/K... is that really a problem? I guess I can just put my bag somewhere else, I pack light and only take carry-on now...

Thanks for all the suggestions!
      Ben

Comment

Welcome to SQTALK!

You may want to visit sites like seatplans.com or seatguru.com which will show you the layout of the planes by airlines as well as which one to choose and avoid.

Comment

Welcom to SQTalk, Benjamin.

Originally posted by Benjamin View Post
          Read in another thread that there is no storage room for 11A/C or 11H/K... is that really a problem? I guess I can just put my bag somewhere else, I pack light and only take carry-on now...
          I am not aware of any storage issues for 11 and 14 on the 77W. I also travel hand luggage only and try to book row 11 first then 14, but have never had any problems. What exactly was the problem supposed to be ?.

Originally posted by benlee View Post
          You may want to visit sites like seatplans.com or seatguru.com which will show you the layout of the planes by airlines as well as which one to choose and avoid.
          I would disagree for SQ seat recommendations. This is the best place for that.
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 24 September 2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            ]I am not aware of any storage issues for 11 and 14 on the 77W. I also travel hand luggage only and try to book row 11 first then 14, but have never had any problems. What exactly was the problem supposed to be ?.
            According to this post: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...64&postcount=2 there is no overhead storage... seen a few photos of above this space and it has it... guess you are saying it does?

Thanks!

Now to decide on a seat for the B777!

Comment

I would disagree for SQ seat recommendations. This is the best place for that.
              I disagree with your disagreement. Forum members can give recommendations of their favourite seats but the OP can see the layout of the whole cabin if he vist these sites which is just as helpful. I think there are several sites for that purpose and many travelers including myself have used them.

Comment

I disagree with your disagreement. Forum members can give recommendations of their favourite seats but the OP can see the layout of the whole cabin if he vist these sites which is just as helpful. I think there are several sites for that purpose and many travelers including myself have used them.
                Seatguru and seatexpert do not have the benefit of people who live, eat and breathe on SQ planes, Note: I say this for SQ only I don't mention other airlines because I don't fly them enough to know if the recommendations are kosher or not)

No disrespect to either site, but for SQ recommendations, you can't beat here.

I consider myself a rank amateur compared to some of the guys here, and seatguru/expert hasn't taught me anything i didn't already know about SQ. The guys here did.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  Seatguru and seatexpert do not have the benefit of people who live, eat and breathe on SQ planes, Note: I say this for SQ only I don't mention other airlines because I don't fly them enough to know if the recommendations are kosher or not)

I consider myself a rank amateur compared to some of the guys here, and seatguru/expert hasn't taught me anything i didn't already know about SQ. The guys here did.
                  Thanks for the clarification. But won't individual preference start to intrude in here? Some people like to seat in front, some at the back, some near to window etc...

Comment

According to this post: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...64&postcount=2 there is no overhead storage... seen a few photos of above this space and it has it... guess you are saying it does?
                    Ah, that's the A330, I was talking about the 77W, and I thought you were as well. Yes there is restricted overhead bin space for 11A/K on the A330, but I find the benefit of being in row 11 on that aircraft far outweighs the lack of space, especially if you intend sleeping.

Forum members can give recommendations of their favourite seats.
                    Err, that is exactly the point. There is more expertise and experience of actually sitting in the seats on here than anywhere, due to having people who actually fly a fair bit on SQ, unlike some who just give that impression. Not only that, but at least one of those sites had an SQ A330 seatmap up with recommended seats and comments before the aircraft was even in commercial service, which tells you all you need to know.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

I could not agree more.

Comment

Trust me, row 11 on A330 is the best as the legroom is the best and at its max as compared to seats on row 12-16.

77W if you search through the thread, most pax prefer 11A/K and 14A/K.

I myself personally tried the seats and it is indeed one of the best.

Comment

Err, that is exactly the point. There is more expertise and experience of actually sitting in the seats on here than anywhere, due to having people who actually fly a fair bit on SQ, unlike some who just give that impression. Not only that, but at least one of those sites had an SQ A330 seatmap up with recommended seats and comments before the aircraft was even in commercial service, which tells you all you need to know.
                        I see.. Then I agreed with you then. Cheers!

Comment

Ah, that's the A330, I was talking about the 77W, and I thought you were as well. Yes there is restricted overhead bin space for 11A/K on the A330, but I find the benefit of being in row 11 on that aircraft far outweighs the lack of space, especially if you intend sleeping.
                          Hehe - sorry, am getting myself confused over all the numbers. Yes, I was asking about the B777, and the A330.

I will go ahead and get those (I thought they would be best ... but wanted to get first hand experience!). 11 on the A330, 14 on the B777 (I think 11 is already taken, but will check with my TA).

On another note ... Don't get me wrong - I love those Seatguru sites, but they give the impression of mass information. It's not really telling me what it's like to be in that seat (just that it's near a bulkhead...). Here you get real, first hand experience!

Thanks again for all the suggestions and help.

Ben

Comment

Hehe - sorry, am getting myself confused over all the numbers. Yes, I was asking about the B777, and the A330.

I will go ahead and get those (I thought they would be best ... but wanted to get first hand experience!). 11 on the A330, 14 on the B777 (I think 11 is already taken, but will check with my TA).

On another note ... Don't get me wrong - I love those Seatguru sites, but they give the impression of mass information. It's not really telling me what it's like to be in that seat (just that it's near a bulkhead...). Here you get real, first hand experience!

Thanks again for all the suggestions and help.

Ben
                            Correct, 11 on the 333, 14 on the 77W are pretty good choices.

Comment

First off, hello again after a long hiatus. Secondly, Benjamin, apologies for hijacking your thread. I need some help choosing seats, too.
                              I have a similar question regarding J-class seats, just on the 388 and 772. I have not flown on the A388, but experienced the seat type on a number of flights onboard the 77W, where I had the luck in landing in 11A most times. Loved the space. Though I also like the quietness and remoteness of row 22.
                              However, having browsed and searched SQT, FT, SeatGuru, and SeatExpert, I'm none the wiser...just not so sure about the bulkheads 11A/K and 17A/K anymore and leaning more towards 15A (pending availability). Any advice would be much appreciated.
                              Similar story for the 772 to HAN, not having flown the regional product, what's the recommendation from those who have?
                              /Desert Traveller

Comment

Working...
                              X