No announcement yet.

[Update - Confirmed] The Private Room on Redemption: entry policy relaxed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a pretty significant shift in the access policy.

Thanks for the update, Centurionman and zander.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 21 August 2009, 06:27 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I can confirm this now from my sources within the SKL. Redemptions are indeed allowed into the TPR.

Comment

Fantastic!

Looks like all the lobbying on SQTalk and elsewhere worked!
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Looks like SQ management finally realized the big mistake they had made when they came up with all the silly access rules. I still think SQ should have just combined this TPR area into the current F lounge so SQ will have a proper F lounge.

Comment

What is the difference between TPR vs the current F lounge? Different meal, personal waiter, etc?

Comment

So effectively, TPR is the default First Class lounge in SIN T3, and First Class lounge is a TPP lounge.
              Hope they are not cutting down the a la carte meal services in the TPR to match the change.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                Looks like all the lobbying on SQTalk and elsewhere worked!
                Yeah, 14 MONTHS LATER!

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                What is the difference between TPR vs the current F lounge? Different meal, personal waiter, etc?
                READ THE THREADS, man! PLEASE!!
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  Yeah, 14 MONTHS LATER!
                  + a global downturn

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    So effectively, TPR is the default First Class lounge in SIN T3, and First Class lounge is a TPP lounge.
                    Hope they are not cutting down the a la carte meal services in the TPR to match the change.
                    Actually, would it be fair to say that

TPR: for SQ F only
                    F lounge: for all Star F?

Kind of like the LH situation at FRA, except that the F lounge is obviously a lot better than FRA/MUC SEN lounges...

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                      Actually, would it be fair to say that

TPR: for SQ F only
                      F lounge: for all Star F?

Kind of like the LH situation at FRA, except that the F lounge is obviously a lot better than FRA/MUC SEN lounges...
                      SQ TPR = LH FCT/FCL

SQ is now on par with LH, offering First Class passengers a la carte dining on the ground. LH has always offered it to all First pax while SQ has limited it to full-fare pax and is now following the LH approach. They could have reacted faster to customer feedback - but I welcome any change that is a real enhancement.

Comment

Allowed for J class upgraded by KF miles to F too?

Comment

Been reading this thread... is there any official statement or notice by SQ of thispolicy change? Or just passenger experiences lately?

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
                            Been reading this thread... is there any official statement or notice by SQ of thispolicy change? Or just passenger experiences lately?
                            I doubt you'll see any official announcement about any change.

There was no official announcement when they opened the place (letters to a certain travel publication by a number of people were unsurprisingly completely ignored..... ) and as it's a climbdown by them it would mean an admission that the stupidity of the intial ridiculous ban on people who dared to spend their miles was wrong.

Comment

Right, went into TPR last night to ask about the new policy.

Anyone with an outbound F BP can go in now, regardless of who paid for it or how. People in F flying from T2 can also go in 'but you must leave time to get across to T2 for your flight'.

However, this is just a 'temporary measure introduced by the management during the downturn'. It may stay permanent, it may not. Further proof if any was needed that there are still some there who don't get it. I would not put it past this lot to rescind this at some point, and do what I thought impossible ; make an even more stupid decision than the original one to ban people who could have spent hundreds of thousands of KF miles for their ticket.

So, enjoy it while you can folks.

Comment

Thanks for the updates. As I didnt eat the one and only time I was in there, I need to find a reason to redeem some miles via SIN.
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X