No announcement yet.

Disappointed on A380 SIN - CDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always found the french to be helpful and polite, as long as one is polite in turn. personally, i think the french get a bum rap.

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
      Haven't you seen us Singaporeans? NEVER get in our way when queuing at our favorite hawker stall or trying to chope seats!
      I will see you this weekend. I am looking forward to it. I have to admit that I donīt know how to behave while in Singapore. I have read some information about the sights, but no idea about the idiosincrasy of people. What I should, I shouldnīt do.

Any tip about local habbits?. I like to please the locals when I visit any country. I have been told about "never throw chewing gums" on the street. Thatīs easy, I donīt eat gums.

Comment

Originally posted by FranC View Post
        I will see you this weekend. I am looking forward to it. I have to admit that I donīt know how to behave while in Singapore. I have read some information about the sights, but no idea about the idiosincrasy of people. What I should, I shouldnīt do.

Any tip about local habbits?. I like to please the locals when I visit any country. I have been told about "never throw chewing gums" on the street. Thatīs easy, I donīt eat gums.
        Just behave like a normal polite human in Singapore, but don't go overboard if a Singaporean seems to accept you. Be a little informal with people you manage to strike a conversation with, but don't touch/insist on sensitive topics (you will realise what are the sensitive topics if you sense that the person doesn't look comfortable to talk to you on something, and/or is withdrawing from the conversation), and don't use this opportunity to be rude/insulting. In other words, Singaporeans are open-minded people, but still are Asian, so be informal, but be careful with what is acceptable in your country but not in Singapore.

There will be some local bad habits you will notice in Singapore (e.g. driving etiquette of some taxi drivers), but ignore them. Most Singaporeans don't break the law anyhow (you know how famous are the severity of Singapore's laws right?), so most bad habits you see won't bother you.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Iīll make a note in my PDA, with your advises.

Comment

I was on this flight too. I felt OK. Maybe everybody was anxious what next at Paris CDG due to the AF incident the day before. Anyway I enjoyed the flight!

Comment

Working...
            X