Disappointed on A380 SIN - CDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    So you didn't want to hear of others' preferences if they didn't agree with yours?
    Ha ha! just a tongue in cheek comment there. Would love to have others share actually!

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
      If this defines how you would enjoy your dessert at every dinner, I actually feel quite sorry for your superficial life!
      Hey Huawei, lighten up! no need to get so defensive & personal. We are all here to exchange ideas & learn, not trade insults.

Comment

LHR-SIN

Just completed my LHR - SIN leg.

Must say that this crew re-affirmed what SQ stands for in terms of exceptional service - going all out to ensure customer satisfaction.

This was on the 77W so I did miss the relative quiet of the A380.

Just wondering if cabin crew have a tendency to rush through their duties on the A380 due to passenger volume, just so that they do not fall behind schedule, at the expense of exceptional service

- anyone here has an opinion on this?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Queen View Post
          Just wondering if cabin crew have a tendency to rush through their duties on the A380 due to passenger volume, just so that they do not fall behind schedule, at the expense of exceptional service

- anyone here has an opinion on this?
          I dont believe rushing service would be the case on a A380 compared to other aircrafts as I would image they have more FAs on the A380 proportionality.

Comment

On point 2, it looks like the flight attendants are all struck by 'The Paris Syndrome'! LOL! You know how Parisians are like right, don't you? I don't know whether you heard this but once there was a Japanese couple who was holidaying in Paris. Being so used to the politeness and graciousness of the people in their own country, they were shocked when they recieved the complete opposite in Paris, so much that they went paranoid and was rushed back to Tokyo, being diagnosed for The Paris Syndrome! I'm really curious for the reason behind the French behaviour and attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by SQalMundo View Post
              On point 2, it looks like the flight attendants are all struck by 'The Paris Syndrome'! LOL! You know how Parisians are like right, don't you? I don't know whether you heard this but once there was a Japanese couple who was holidaying in Paris. Being so used to the politeness and graciousness of the people in their own country, they were shocked when they recieved the complete opposite in Paris, so much that they went paranoid and was rushed back to Tokyo, being diagnosed for The Paris Syndrome! I'm really curious for the reason behind the French behaviour and attitude.

On the contary, I found Parisians on the whole to be quite polite - even fellow diners in restaurants sometimes greet one another!

Maybe my exposure was superficial but I found some Londoners to be guilty of subtle to overt forms of racist behaviour.

With regards to the Paris crew, the vibe I got was that they were intent on finishing what had to be done ASAP. Cold & efficient, with nary a smile. That X-factor was certainly missing!

Comment

Until about 1950, France was known for having the best service in the world. They went from about the best to about the worst in the world in six months as a result of the government making tips mandatory and included in the charges. Service providers quickly learned that there was no reward for providing good service.

Comment

On point 2, it looks like the flight attendants are all struck by 'The Paris Syndrome'! LOL! ... I'm really curious for the reason behind the French behaviour and attitude.
                  I'm curious how many times you've been to Paris and/or France, where you went and what you did. I've found the French quite friendly (and quite forgiving when I mangle their language ). It's a fantastic country and culture to experience.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I lived in Paris for a year, so I know first hand how rude & arrogrant the Parisians are & can relate to the 'Paris Syndrome'. I travel quite a bit and havent yet come across anyone worse than the French so far...

Comment

Originally posted by katja View Post
                      I lived in Paris for a year, so I know first hand how rude & arrogrant the Parisians are & can relate to the 'Paris Syndrome'. I travel quite a bit and havent yet come across anyone worse than the French so far...
                      Come to Spain...you will see how rude we can become

Comment

Originally posted by FranC View Post
                        Come to Spain...you will see how rude we can become
                        I feel tempted to explore your challenge. I will be in the banlieus of Paris for a few months from October onwards. During that time, I intend to journey down south to Biarritz and then on into the Spanish Basque Country.

Then again, I think remember Asterix in Spain, the part that showed the border crossing into Spain...

Comment

Nice you have decided to come over. Well, donīt feel intimidated by our frankness. Some countries think we are rude, but we prefer to think we are espontaneous. In fact, we are not bad people at all.

You will have a great time, and love the country. We are a kind of weird, but nice once you meet us.

Comment

Sorry, I thought you were French, especially with your nom de plume. I actually thought when you wrote "Come to Spain, you will see how rude we can become", I thought you meant that French people when they cross into Spain, they become even more rude. Hence my remark about Asterix in Spain which showed how French tourists behaved when they crossed the Pyrenees.

Personally I find the Spanish are a much more easily likeable culture than the French. For me, Latin passion trumps Gallic arrogance anytime. But I tend to identify more with um... certain regions like the Basque Country or Catalunya; for example I rather enjoyed the last Copa del Rey but more for what was happening off the field. Obviously I'm not a Madridista.

Comment

Even the Madrid mania gets there?.

Yes, we are a kind of football maniatics. Not particularly myself, but itīs a religion over here.

In case you need to know something about Spain, let me know.

Comment

Haven't you seen us Singaporeans? NEVER get in our way when queuing at our favorite hawker stall or trying to chope seats!
                                Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Working...
                                X