Pilots Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilots Rest

I remembered a couple of years ago that in event the premium cabins are full, the pilots are to have a row of three seats to rest in Y. Is this still the case these days? Personally, I preferred pilots to rest in the premium cabins for safety reasons.

Which aircrafts are you referring to - 772, 773, 77W, 744 or A380s?

Comment

I would have thought the crew rest area would be better and more relaxing in any of the larger commercial planes than seats in Y. Although with numbers so poor in F and J of late, I would think that finding a bed in F or J isn't exactly a drama.

Comment

Generally, on long-haul aircraft, the pilots have dedicated rest areas that are much nicer for and conducive to sleep than the Suites found on the WhaleJet.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
          I remembered a couple of years ago that in event the premium cabins are full, the pilots are to have a row of three seats to rest in Y. Is this still the case these days? Personally, I preferred pilots to rest in the premium cabins for safety reasons.
          These seats are not for rest, more for taking meal breaks. There are dedicated crew rests.

The use of y class for meal breaks is only for 1st officers. Capt have 1 business class seat blocked for their use. However, this is only applicable for older aircraft which are re configured to lesser seats in premium cabin.

New aircraft are not affected by the policy, so you can see capt and FO seating in premium cabin for their meal breaks

Comment

On SQ327/328 MAN flights they keep 16H & K free for tech crew to use. Having said that, on my recent SQ328 back to MAN they had a pax in 16K and the pilots used 16H and apparently had another seat in Y for them to use due to 16K not being available.

It's a long time since I have seen a pax in 16H or K on those flights, but the flight was absolutely rammed and I suppose in the current environment it makes sense to sell another J seat if someone wants one.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              On SQ327/328 MAN flights they keep 16H & K free for tech crew to use... ...It's a long time since I have seen a pax in 16H or K on those flights...
              Exactly same situation on SQ347/348 ATH flights (same aircraft, 772 ER) as per my experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                Exactly same situation on SQ347/348 ATH flights (same aircraft, 772 ER) as per my experiences.
                On my SQ 17 last month, the captain came out to take his meal in 16K.
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                  Which aircrafts are you referring to - 772, 773, 77W, 744 or A380s?
                  I am referring to the long-haul flights. I was wondering what was SQ's policy for flights with two sets of tech crew.

Comment

generally above 11 hrs - will have 2 sets of tech crew

Comment

for flight between above 8 hrs to below 11 hrs - usually will have a 3 tech crew of either 1 CPT and 2 FOs of which one must be a senior FO

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        for flight between above 8 hrs to below 11 hrs - usually will have a 3 tech crew of either 1 CPT and 2 FOs of which one must be a senior FO
                        How about flights with layovers like SQ2/1, 16/15 and 26/25 where there is a layover at an intermediate station?? I presume the tech crew toster is on like SIN to Station1 where a new set of crew replaces onward to the Station2??

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                          How about flights with layovers like SQ2/1, 16/15 and 26/25 where there is a layover at an intermediate station?? I presume the tech crew toster is on like SIN to Station1 where a new set of crew replaces onward to the Station2??
                          I believe the pilot rotation for SQ1/2 is SIN-HKG, then overnight, flying HKG-SFO the next day, then 50 hours at SFO, then back to HKG, then overnight, and back to SIN the following day. So, it's about a six day trip for the crew.

Comment

Working...
                          X