No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'd be sad to see the 772Rs go..although they're "old", i somehow find them more comfy and spacious. have grown accustomed to them since i've done over 80+ flights on SRM-Q & SQI-QN between HK & SIN since they were refitted in 2010.

perhaps the 330, 77W and 380 flights are more popular..they're always so full so getting on the SQ860/863 & 872/871 flights with the 772s have been pleasant, especially when i get the whole of row 31 to myself!

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post

i'd be sad to see the 772Rs go
      I'm sure most of us (including myself) aren't. These aircraft, at least by SQ standards, are past their use by date. If only they would upgrade the IFE systems and Y class seats...

BTW, wasn't there a rumor spreading around here a few months back that some of the 772s and 773s will receive new IFE systems and Y seats?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
        BTW, wasn't there a rumor spreading around here a few months back that some of the 772s and 773s will receive new IFE systems and Y seats?
        An individual was saying the old 77W and A330 2006 seats and IFE would go into the 772 and 773. It was discounted by forum members because:

1. The A330 seats are not the same size as the 777 seats.
        2. The seat count is lower on the 77W and there isn't enough seats from the AC to go around.
        3. Not announced in the annual report. All other cabin refurbishments have been.
        4. Does seem worth it, the A350's will be here soon.

Comment

• I also like the 77R. It's so much more spacious than the 330 in J. Love the cabin behind door 2. The IFE while old, it's still AVOD and acceptable on short hops. Would be sad to see them go.

Comment

• Delta buys 11 Singapore Airlines 777-200s

From Aviation Planning

http://aviationplanning.com/monday-flash-2/

Comment

• Wonder if they will keep the SQ config.

Comment

• Delta is an interesting airline that does things differently.

They tend to buy their planes second hand for big savings and refurbish them.

They own their own oil refinery!

Never flown them.

Nor am I likely to with my travel pattern.

But an interesting airline none the less because:

1. They used to be part of a alliance with SQ and Swissair.

2. I fly Virgin Atlantic, their partner, TATL and get KF miles for my troubles

Comment

• Delta will conduct its results briefing call tomorrow; so we may hear more details of the supposed 11 772ER purchase from SQ. SQ's results briefing won't be till early November.

Comment

• I think this is getting official:

THE MONDAY FLASH – OCTOBER 12, 2015
                    Starting out…

Delta Fleet Shifts – Being Asia-Dominant

Delta has signed on to bring in eleven 777-200ERs, formerly operated by Singapore/Scoot. This adds to the 18 current 777-200ER/LRs in the Delta fleet. A largely unnoticed but significant fleet addition.

Tie this to Delta’s mentioned intention to feed China Eastern’s hub at Shanghai, along with their recent request to get back an Haneda slot recently released to American, and there is no question that Delta is going to continue to double-down on Asian growth. Given the expected growth – particularly in China-US traffic – it’s solid strategy.

Delta’s fleet planning bears watching. They have 12 remaining 747-400s, which is a number similar to the 777s just acquired. There’s a good chance that within the next 18 months, there will no longer be any 747s in US scheduled passenger fleets. United is the only other operator, and neither it nor Delta have shown any public interest in the 747-8.

Unlike American and United, Delta apparently is not a big proponent of the 787. It still has 20 787-8s on the books at Boeing, but given that the deliveries are not scheduled for another 4-5 years, it’s not real likely that these may see Delta colors. Certainly, it’s not likely that -8s are in the cards.

On the other hand Delta may be waiting to get performance numbers from the 787-10 and could switch orders. Or, it’s possible that Airbus has already filled that need with the A-350s that Delta has coming..

Source: http://aviationplanning.com/monday-flash-2/
                    And my guess is correct, B777-200ER from Scoot will go as well.

Comment

• It's good to hear Delta picking up the remaining 77Es so they won't have to stay around much longer. From the way I see it, the 11 A350 deliveries next year will be replacing the entire 777-200ER sub fleet.

To the poster above, I think the ones that will be going to DL are all current SQ jets as TZ has never operated the extended range version of the 777-200. All of TZ's 777s were previously the regional SQ fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                        It's good to hear Delta picking up the remaining 77Es so they won't have to stay around much longer. From the way I see it, the 11 A350 deliveries next year will be replacing the entire 777-200ER sub fleet.

To the poster above, I think the ones that will be going to DL are all current SQ jets as TZ has never operated the extended range version of the 777-200. All of TZ's 777s were previously the regional SQ fleet.
                        Aren't all of SQ's 777-200s actually 200ERs, except they've been paper derated? DL can have them rerated as 200ERs, they just need to pay Boeing.

Comment

• According to Wikipedia, 5 B777-200s will be sold to Delta whilst 6 B777-200ER will be sold.

After the sale, SQ will end up with 14 B777-200/ERs, which if they can have 14 A350s delivered in 2017 we will be able to get rid of them by then.

I think one of the unknowns is what is SQ doing to replace the 7 B777-300s? Obviously they are running on routes which has first class demand as first class is installed. As A350-900 does not have First class, will we see some -900s become -1000s perhaps, or they will be covered by B777-300ERs once A350-900s are replacing some of them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                            According to Wikipedia, 5 B777-200s will be sold to Delta whilst 6 B777-200ER will be sold.

After the sale, SQ will end up with 14 B777-200/ERs, which if they can have 14 A350s delivered in 2017 we will be able to get rid of them by then.

I think one of the unknowns is what is SQ doing to replace the 7 B777-300s? Obviously they are running on routes which has first class demand as first class is installed. As A350-900 does not have First class, will we see some -900s become -1000s perhaps, or they will be covered by B777-300ERs once A350-900s are replacing some of them?
                            After the sale, SQ should be left with 6 777-200s and 6 777-200ERs? That makes it 12?

I would suppose the 787-10s will be used to replace the 777-300s and 777-300ERs. I think SQ will also have 2 cabin configs for the A350-900s, a 3 class J/S/Y 777-200ER replacement and a 2 class J/Y A330-300 and 777-200 replacement. 20 aircraft for the former and 40 aircraft for the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                              After the sale, SQ should be left with 6 777-200s and 6 777-200ERs? That makes it 12?

I would suppose the 787-10s will be used to replace the 777-300s and 777-300ERs. I think SQ will also have 2 cabin configs for the A350-900s, a 3 class J/S/Y 777-200ER replacement and a 2 class J/Y A330-300 and 777-200 replacement. 20 aircraft for the former and 40 aircraft for the latter.
                              The sale may include some of the planes currently stored, e.g. SVA, SVD.

787-10s will be replacing the A330s, 772s (non-ER) and 773s. Not the 777-300ERs. In terms of size, 787-10, is closest to the A330.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                                Aren't all of SQ's 777-200s actually 200ERs, except they've been paper derated? DL can have them rerated as 200ERs, they just need to pay Boeing.
                                Yes all are ERs but the SQ and SR series are derated (Trent 892s operating with Trent 884 thrust). Not many non-ER 772s were made and the resale values are not good for those mainly due to limited range

Comment

Working...
                                X