SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
    To complicate matters, SQ still has a few old planes in storage that may be part of the deal.
    Also I believe Scoot planes are sellable as well since TZ is now a B787 only operator, and I suppose some of these Scoot B772 are owned by SQ too?

Comment

• Yes, info comes from Delta but I cannot provide more details
      /A

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
        Also I believe Scoot planes are sellable as well since TZ is now a B787 only operator, and I suppose some of these Scoot B772 are owned by SQ too?
        Almost... 9V-OTC is still active but being used as the "spare plane" from what I can tell. Flew to HKG a day ago.

This purchase of 11 SQ 772s may or may not include TZ craft, but if it does it could only include OTC (SQC) and OTD (SQD) as the other four have already found homes/buyers.

If that's the case, 4 stored SQ + 1 stored TZ + 1 soon to go TZ leaves 5 to find in the active SQ fleet, which would be more than just SRJ, SRL, SVF (assuming the non-leased purple cabins are first on the hit list). Two refitted craft would have to join them.

Does anybody know if NokScoot plans to take more than the current 3 SR* series 772s from SQ? Given XW only operates 4 flights a week, I can't quite see the need...

Comment

• as the other four have already found homes/buyers.
          Are these off to NokScoot please?

Comment

• Noted that recently some sq from cgk use 9v-sv* series, especially sq963. Any relation with impending withdrawal?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              Almost... 9V-OTC is still active but being used as the "spare plane" from what I can tell. Flew to HKG a day ago.

This purchase of 11 SQ 772s may or may not include TZ craft, but if it does it could only include OTC (SQC) and OTD (SQD) as the other four have already found homes/buyers.

If that's the case, 4 stored SQ + 1 stored TZ + 1 soon to go TZ leaves 5 to find in the active SQ fleet, which would be more than just SRJ, SRL, SVF (assuming the non-leased purple cabins are first on the hit list). Two refitted craft would have to join them.

Does anybody know if NokScoot plans to take more than the current 3 SR* series 772s from SQ? Given XW only operates 4 flights a week, I can't quite see the need...
              SIA has previously indicated they are retiring 3x B777-200s by the end of March 2016. Let's wait and see. Aircraft delivery for second hand aircraft can happen in stages and I believe this can happen for DL where they will take maybe 2 planes a month or 3 planes a month for the next 6 - 7 months.

As we know we are now reaching the second half of SIA's financial year. It will also be wise to wait and see what the CEO says as things might change and the deal should be announced (as it will trigger significant cash flow into SIA I suppose)?

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                Noted that recently some sq from cgk use 9v-sv* series, especially sq963. Any relation with impending withdrawal?
                Not particularly. The most recent two to fly it are SVJ and SVN- both have refitted interiors and 4-across J seats. These planes cover CPH, IST, CPT/JNB and FCO, all of which leave SIN around midnight or later, then return very early in the morning about 27-29 hours later. This makes them very available to perform daytime flights in the gaps and business passengers would be very happy when this happens!

Comment

As we know we are now reaching the second half of SIA's financial year. It will also be wise to wait and see what the CEO says as things might change and the deal should be announced (as it will trigger significant cash flow into SIA I suppose)?
                  A single 777-200ER is estimated at anywhere from 23 million to 99 million USD. (See: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/6360438/) SQ's will definitely be at the very low end of that: airframe age, paper MGTOW/engine derates, and the small aft cargo door all reduce the value. But eleven 772s would still be in the 250 million USD range.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    Are these off to NokScoot please?
                    Only one.

Scoot transfers have worked as follows:

The original first set of 5 were taken from the 9V-SQ* series. SQA-SQD became OTA-OTD respectively and SQH became OTE. They were fitted out with Scoot interiors.

The final 772 was 9V-SRG that became 9V-OTF but was never refitted. It flew with its old SQ interior just so that Scoot could get more flights up and running while waiting for the 787s.

Of the six above, all but OTC have left the fleet. OTD is the stored one.

OTA & OTB went to AerSale Inc. OTE went to Boeing Capital Corporation. They now have N- registrations.

NokScoot has gained three planes as follows:

SRF-SRH have become XBA-XBC respectively. SRF and SRH went directly from SQ to XW, while SRG worked for TZ as OTF, as described above.

XBA and XBC are in service, sharing the 4 flights to NKG that XW operate each week. All other NokScoot flights are operated by TZ.

The number of actual XW flights will increase from 25OCT to ten weekly with 6x NKG and 4x TPE beginning (extra-red-eye flights!). With no other XW flights planned between now and late March 2016, I can't see the need for more than three old 772s sitting around, although they will certainly need two due to the slight overlap in the two flight timings.

The above information is sourced from planespotters and XW's website.

Comment

Now I understand why all of the sudden HKG-SIN services are running with A330-300 aircraft now.
                      HKG service is made up of 2 330, 1 380, 2 77W/N, 2 772. I'm a regular on that route, and I try to avoid the 772s.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                        A single 777-200ER is estimated at anywhere from 23 million to 99 million USD. (See: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/6360438/) SQ's will definitely be at the very low end of that: airframe age, paper MGTOW/engine derates, and the small aft cargo door all reduce the value. But eleven 772s would still be in the 250 million USD range.
                        May I ask according to Singapore Stock Exchange rules does this trigger major event that the management will need to disclose consider the amount is into hundreds of millions?

If yes, then I think we will definitely get to know the details once this is confirmed. I suggest mid-year results is a good time to talk about things like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                          HKG service is made up of 2 330, 1 380, 2 77W/N, 2 772. I'm a regular on that route, and I try to avoid the 772s.
                          If you check SQ's timetable from the end of this month, all B772 flights will become A330-300 service, with a change of timing to the A380-800 service to HKG.

all but OTC have left the fleet. OTD is the stored one.
                          So they can still sell OTC and OTD to America I suppose.

I suppose SQ will try to sell B777-200s as much and soon as possible - A330s still new and there's a market out there. B777-200 is older and less fuel efficient.

Yes some A330s are exceeding original lease term, but I am sure when you are leasing something on a fixed term you can always negotiate lease term expansion to keep up the fleet.

Comment

• A number of 777's went to Transaero. Now Transaero is ceasing operations, could some of these AC be returned to SQ? I am not sure if any are owned by SQ and leased to Transaero.

Comment

• A number of 777's went to Transaero. Now Transaero is ceasing operations, could some of these AC be returned to SQ? I am not sure if any are owned by SQ and leased to Transaero.
                              Transaero 777-212/312s are owned by VTB, a Russian bank

/A

Comment

If you check SQ's timetable from the end of this month, all B772 flights will become A330-300 service, with a change of timing to the A380-800 service to HKG.
                                That's phenomenal news! I just can't take the non-functional IFE in the refurbed B772s and B773s.

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                                I suppose SQ will try to sell B777-200s as much and soon as possible - A330s still new and there's a market out there. B777-200 is older and less fuel efficient.

Yes some A330s are exceeding original lease term, but I am sure when you are leasing something on a fixed term you can always negotiate lease term expansion to keep up the fleet.
                                That's what we all wish, but it's more complicated than that. The A330 lease renewal may be uneconomical. Also, the regional B772s have more J-class seats than the A330s, so may make sense to fly them on some routes (like HKG). Various scenarios here; I'm sure SQ's finance team have spreadsheets to crunch the numbers.

Contrary to what I thought earlier, the 5 owned B773s may stick around for a while doing the CGK (and maybe 1 or 2 other) routes.
                                Last edited by 259850; 5 October 2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X