X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eamond
    replied
    Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
    CX uses the 77W on short routes in-between the long haul routes for higher utilization, Flex MTOW helps CX to reduce the landing fee in airports.
    And unless Singapore CAA (forgive me if I got the name wrong) doesn't allow, why SQ can't do the same? In fact I suspect SQ is already doing that with the PVG/HKG/etc flights.

Happy to be proved wrong though, as I'm just going from what I know without any evidence

Michael

Leave a comment:

• sutrakhk
    replied
    Originally posted by eamond View Post
    I know CX used 77W with Flex MTOW (a much lower version) on regional flights so SQ in theory could do the same.

The deadweight is another story though...

Michael
    CX uses the 77W on short routes in-between the long haul routes for higher utilization, Flex MTOW helps CX to reduce the landing fee in airports.

Leave a comment:

• eamond
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    The lowest certified MTOW for the 77W is 340T from the usual 351T MTOW but that's still 41T more than a 773 and almost 90T more than the 78J and A350. Is it worth the financials?

Also, the 77W OEW is 7T more than a 773. Just carrying deadweight for a 2hr flight.
    I know CX used 77W with Flex MTOW (a much lower version) on regional flights so SQ in theory could do the same.

The deadweight is another story though...

Michael

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
    Those existing SQ 777-300 are still in good shape I think, if SQ refit with newer cabin with workable IFE, continue using them for 5 to 10 years on short route is acceptable
    Yes SIA if they were to use the planes for another 5 years, they should refit the aircrafts with newer cabin.For SYF which is about to reach 18 years old, and SYH at close to 17 years were unlikely to be refitted as they would reach 20 years old in 2-3 years time and doubt SQ will do a heavy D check to continue flying them. But for the other 3 aircrafts, they still have a good 5 years left and should be refitted, instead of using these planes as it is.
    Last edited by flyguy; 30 July 2019, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sutrakhk
    replied
    Those existing SQ 777-300 are still in good shape I think, if SQ refit with newer cabin with workable IFE, continue using them for 5 to 10 years on short route is acceptable

Leave a comment:

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    Originally posted by eamond View Post
    They can always derate their existing 77Ws if needed

Michael
    The lowest certified MTOW for the 77W is 340T from the usual 351T MTOW but that's still 41T more than a 773 and almost 90T more than the 78J and A350. Is it worth the financials?

Also, the 77W OEW is 7T more than a 773. Just carrying deadweight for a 2hr flight.

Leave a comment:

• eamond
    replied
    Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
    Wouldn't those be similar to the 773As already?

It's not like SQ is flying derated 77Ws...
    They can always derate their existing 77Ws if needed

Michael

Leave a comment:

• yuuka_miya
    replied
    Wouldn't those be similar to the 773As already?

It's not like SQ is flying derated 77Ws...

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    Believed for Japanese airline like JAL, they have specially configured widebodies with high density seating to be used for domestic flights only, just as like they even have 747s only for domestic flights only.

Leave a comment:

• sutrakhk
    replied
    Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    Believed SIA can do this option of flying the 773s mostly on this JKT route, but that will increase the plane's cycle much faster and may have to retire these planes earlier than it wanted to. But the 773 are not efficient to be used on these very short sectors.
    I believe 777-300 doing very well on short sectors, just like JAL and ANA have a lot of 777-200 and 777-300 doing the domestic routes and CX opted to buy 5 Emirates used 777-300 for short-haul flights.

Leave a comment:

• ell3
    replied
    Me thinks SYH SYI SYJ - the ones with the refurbished cabins will be the last remaining. They will do what SQE and SQF did in their final years. I remember SQF operated SQ950/958/966 almost exclusively everyday in its final 2 years of flying life.
    The 773s will likely be replaced by the regional A350s. I think SQ can afford to do away with the F Cabin...the concept is a little dated since most of the business cabins are now single seats so privacy is already there.

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    Believed SIA can do this option of flying the 773s mostly on this JKT route, but that will increase the plane's cycle much faster and may have to retire these planes earlier than it wanted to. But the 773 are not efficient to be used on these very short sectors.

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    SYJ is currently flying its ninth flight in a row to CGK.

It's possible that SYH, SYI & SYJ could form a small fleet dedicated to CGK for a few more years while they sort out regional F. By then, they may still have the oldest interiors in the fleet as the 2006 product will then be gone from A380s and the A330s will have left the fleet.

SYF & SYL are in a competition to be the last remaining plane with pre-2006 IFE and armrest-stored controllers in Y and SYF is certainly next in line to take the crown for oldest in fleet from SVB, potentially before the end of this year.

Leave a comment:

• SQ957
    replied
    Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    So soon no more F for CGK and MNL?
    By the start of the winter schedule there will be one daily 773 flight to MNL (down from two) and five daily 773 flights to CGK (down from six). So while F capacity to MNL will be cut in half, CGK will continue to receive the largest F capacity across the SQ network.

Leave a comment:

• lingua101
    replied
    Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
    The balance A350s seem to be regional versions. And both the A350R/787 do not have crew rest. So these are not replacing the 77W. I believe SQ might deploy some of the A350R or 787 on MI route as well in the future.
    So soon no more F for CGK and MNL?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X