No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor old -SQF still sitting at NC today. If she is destined for the boneyard, perhaps they should send her to the one at CGK, given the regularity of her visits there...

Comment

• Hi what has become of 9V-SVA/D/G? Where are they currently? Any idea about their fates? Thanks.
      https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• Originally posted by fablee View Post
        Hi what has become of 9V-SVA/D/G? Where are they currently? Any idea about their fates? Thanks.
        SVG was returned and then refitted some time ago now and has been flying the usual routes such as AMS, CPH, JNB, CHC etc.

SVD has been returned but is not in use, fate unknown at this stage, but I would judge it to be completely surplus to requirements. SQ have no shortage of 772s.

To my knowledge, SVA is still in the possession of Royal Brunei, but that is based purely on database records on the net which aren't always accurate.

Comment

• 9V-SQF just went for an air-test this afternoon.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            9V-SQF just went for an air-test this afternoon.
            Would this indicate an interested buyer?

Comment

• Originally posted by airlineroute.net View Post
              Singapore Airlines from 02FEB15 is adjusting operational aircraft on Singapore – Denpasar route, which sees 2 of 4 daily service operated by Airbus A330-300 aircraft, instead of Boeing 777-200ER...
              http://airlineroute.net/2014/06/06/sq-dps-feb15/

The A330 will be deployed on DPS runs from 1Q2015, I guess this means the non-refitted 772s are going to stick around for a while as all four daily rotations are currently done by SRF, H, J, K, L.

Ideally I would like the above aircraft to be retired and replaced by the 77Es with the SpaceBeds that are just sitting around until the A330 takes over full time.

Edited to add: I've been doing the DPS run a few times this year on SQ and the recliners on these aircraft are really in bad shape. On one occasion (SRF) the IFE screen was loose and the pivot must've given way 'cause the monitor just dropped (didn't separate from the arm) and hit me in the shin quite hard.

On the same flight, a passenger across the aisle tried to remove the remote from the armrest but the top plastic cover of the controller came out in his hand and the motherboard and the rest of the controller were still lodged in the seat.

On the return flight (SRJ) a piece of plastic from the side of the seat got dislodged and stuck out into aisle. The IFS soon walked by in the opposition direction and his trousers got caught in the plastic piece which caused it to come right off.

On another occasion (SRH), whilst lifting up the armrest flap to pull out the IFE monitor the cup holder on the top of the armrest just slid off into my lap. On this flight I had a chat with the IFS mid-flight and told him that I was going to miss these seats as I'd spent a lot of time growing up in them and there's a bit of nostalgia attached. He replied "Really? I'm not going to miss these aircraft at all, it's embarrassing, the cabins are falling apart and we have to apologise to complaining passengers, reseat them or offer them vouchers."
              Last edited by viraj735; 7 June 2014, 11:21 PM.
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                http://airlineroute.net/2014/06/06/sq-dps-feb15/

The A330 will be deployed on DPS runs from 1Q2015, I guess this means the non-refitted 772s are going to stick around for a while as all four daily rotations are currently done by SRF, H, J, K, L.

Ideally I would like the above aircraft to be retired and replaced by the 77Es with the SpaceBeds that are just sitting around until the A330 takes over full time.
                Certainly agree with you there- they have an oversupply of the non-refitted 772ERs which results in them sitting on tarmac for days at a time while the old SRF-L set get constant use. The only reason I can think of though, is simple: 38 more seats in Y = 38 more streams of revenue.

Interestingly too, the 77WN craft (SWU-W) are significantly underutilised at present. Not sure if there's a good reason, but you'd hope there is one given their best new flagship product is sitting idle while old planes with broken interiors continue to frustrate passengers.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Would this indicate an interested buyer?
                  Unfortunately, 9V-SQF departed SIN at 0803 yesterday (13JUN14) and flew non-stop to SFO before continuing onto Greenwood-Leflore (GWO) Airport in Mississippi for storage and potential break-up.
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Keep an eye on 9V-SRF. Has seen a few breaks in service lately and has now been on the ground 4 days so I suspect it could be the next one to go.

Comment

Keep an eye on 9V-SRF. Has seen a few breaks in service lately and has now been on the ground 4 days so I suspect it could be the next one to go.
                      Maybe I lucky (or unlucky), 7 June SQ912 which normally serve by 9V-SV* (77J) was replaced by 9V-SRF.

Gone the 1-2-1 configuration to 2-3-2
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVL 2014-06-17 04:20:01
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVH 2014-06-16 04:16:02
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVH 2014-06-14 04:25:01
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVN 2014-06-13 04:24:01
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVJ 2014-06-12 04:16:02
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVL 2014-06-11 04:32:02
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVC 2014-06-10 04:19:02
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVN 2014-06-09 04:16:01
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVG 2014-06-08 04:23:01
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SRF 2014-06-07 0401
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVI 2014-06-05 04:16:01
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVM 2014-06-04 0402
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVN 2014-06-03 04:20:02
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVL 2014-06-02 04:21:02
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVN 2014-06-01 04:13:02
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVB 2014-05-31 04:15:01
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVH 2014-05-30 06:02:02
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVI 2014-05-29 04:15:01
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVG 2014-05-28 04:18:02
                      Changi Intl (SIN) - Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL) 9V-SVI 2014-05-27 04:13:02
                      Last edited by yauee; 18 June 2014, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Keep an eye on 9V-SRF. Has seen a few breaks in service lately and has now been on the ground 4 days so I suspect it could be the next one to go.
                        Any idea what will replace SRF?
                        https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• Originally posted by fablee View Post
                          Any idea what will replace SRF?
                          Since SQF was taken out of service, they've received SVF back off Royal Brunei and taken possession of a new 77W (SWW) and a new A330 (SSB) and SVH, SVK and SVO are frequently idle, so SRF should be able to easily be taken out of service.

Their next A330 (SSC) is showing up on some databases as being on order, so probably not too far off.

Comment

Since SQF was taken out of service, they've received SVF back off Royal Brunei and taken possession of a new 77W (SWW) and a new A330 (SSB) and SVH, SVK and SVO are frequently idle, so SRF should be able to easily be taken out of service.

Their next A330 (SSC) is showing up on some databases as being on order, so probably not too far off.
                            They are taking one A330 from the first batch out of service so you will need to take that into account.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                              They are taking one A330 from the first batch out of service so you will need to take that into account.
                              Yes, but we have no details of whether this will be before the 772s leave or at the end of the departures listed in the report. Even if SSC only replaces STA, for example, SQ have still taken posession of three other craft since the last one (SQF) departed. This is all in addition to receiving back SVD which has not seen a return to service and can most probably be ticked off as one of the exiting 772s.

I'm feeling more certain about SRF being gone now that it hasn't been in service for well over a week.

Comment

• Further news- SSD is now also showing on planespotters as being on order which often means usually means it's not far off.

Anybody with info about the arrival of SWY?

Comment

Working...
                                X