SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
    Yes out for a week. Looks like it's finally retired.

Mik
    SQF was still in SIN at the hangars as of 3 days ago, painted over (all white with a dark blue tail and cheatline over the windows - I think they just painted out the logo, titles and the gold and yellow stripes) but still wearing the registration of 9V-SQF. Wonder where it's off to - the scrapyard?

Comment

• Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
      SQF was still in SIN at the hangars as of 3 days ago, painted over (all white with a dark blue tail and cheatline over the windows - I think they just painted out the logo, titles and the gold and yellow stripes) but still wearing the registration of 9V-SQF. Wonder where it's off to - the scrapyard?
      Most likely, it's very old and it's been worked extremely hard for at least the last year with six flights almost every day.

9V-SVO is still in service it seems. Flew to AKL and back once the other day.
      SVH, SVK and SVO seem to all be just hanging around fighting each other for who will get to do SQ281/2 which only operates 5x weekly. With SVF reportedly back on the scene and AMS switching to partial 77W soon as well as a new 77W arriving, it's hard to work out what their plans are with so many 772ERs just sitting around idle.

Comment

• My SQ967 CGK-SIN flight on 5th April got downgraded from 777-300 to 777-200ER non refitted cabin

Comment

• Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
          A picture of her here - http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...d829374d0c31cf

Comment

• Did a flight over the weekend and noticed that a BI 777 was parked on the stands with it's logo and titles stripped off.

Has the airline returned all it's leased 777s back to SQ ?

Comment

• Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
              Did a flight over the weekend and noticed that a BI 777 was parked on the stands with it's logo and titles stripped off.

Nope, 9V-SVF seems to still be in the process of being returned, so maybe that's the craft that you saw.

After that they still have former 9V-SVA and 9V-SVD in their possession to my knowledge, but I know nothing of when they are due to be returned or what will happen with them when they are. Both are getting pretty ancient in SQ terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                Did a flight over the weekend and noticed that a BI 777 was parked on the stands with it's logo and titles stripped off.

I think BI has returned 2 of 3 leased. BI's final 787 (the 3rd of 3 ordered) was only delivered about a month ago.

Comment

• Planespotters inventory of SQ planes shows three are still under lease to BI:'http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Singapore-Airlines
                  There were four craft leased until recently: SVA, SVD, SVF and SVG.
                  SVG was returned to the SQ fleet late last year after undergoing a refit. SVF is definitely back in SQ possession but not sure of current status or plans. Have not heard of any return of SVA or SVD, but I just work off data on the net.
                  Planespotters indicates SVB and SVC were also leased to BI but returned mid-2012, bringing the total to 6 leased SV* series craft.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    9V-SVF seems to still be in the process of being returned, so maybe that's the craft that you saw. SVF is definitely back in SQ possession but not sure of current status or plans.
                    Ah yes, Perhaps it was! I tried to spot the plane with the registration over the week and couldn't find her at the stand. Probably moved to somewhere else in the airport compound. Thank you

Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                    I think BI has returned 2 of 3 leased. BI's final 787 (the 3rd of 3 ordered) was only delivered about a month ago.
                    Thank you for the valuable information

Comment

• The plane with the titles stripped off is V8-BLF (ex 9V-SVD)

Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SQs old aircraft are not even that old! but I guess some other airlines will buy it...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          The plane with the titles stripped off is V8-BLF (ex 9V-SVD)
                          Thanks for the picture mate!

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                            Pardon me for some inaccurate information. RBA did lease six (6) aircrafts from SQ. They have since returned 5. They are left with one (1), with registration V8-BLC in their fleet.
                            RBA has taken delivery of 3 of the 5 787 ordered. They should be taking delivery of their 4th 787 anytime soon.

Comment

• SVF doesn't appear to have been refitted judging from seatmaps on EF. It has been flying around the region and did a run to AKL (SQ281/282) two days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                                SVF doesn't appear to have been refitted judging from seatmaps on EF. It has been flying around the region and did a run to AKL (SQ281/282) two days ago.
                                Nicely spotted

This would be why fr24 shows an unidentified 772 flying around.

I think the 772ER refit program seems to be over, now that SQ281/2 is destined to terminate in December and it was always listed as one of the intended destinations for the refits.

What I really can't work out at the moment is why SQ is retaining so many planes with little to talk about in terms of increased flights.

SVF has returned, SWW has joined the fleet along with SSB, all since the last fleet departure which was SQF in February, and at that point in time, they appeared to have an excess of craft as it was.

The old non-refit SR* series are all still flying around regularly, as are SVH, SVK and SVO, although somewhat less regularly. I'd have thought maintaining too many excess planes, especially old ones, would cost a lot of $$$$.

Comment

Working...
                                X