Question about SQ's IFE system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Yeah I got that the last time two weeks ago (Sunday), which is not surprising at all on this route.

I have to do it again this Sunday, haven't had time to check the Krisworld offerings yet, will have to do it this evening..
    I got one back on Friday, May 16th 2008...oddly enough from BKK to SIN [SQ973] I could definitely see how that could be annoying for longer flights, but what I found really strange was that on the non-AVOD B773 (or just in general non-AVOD planes perhaps) they have a lot more Nintendo games to choose from than an AVOD bird (Wiseman 3000 system). I played Super Soccer for the SNES, and of course got schooled eight ways from Sunday
    I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

So with 3 entertainment options which are AVOD new generation(Airbus, B77W), AVOD(B747, B772ER), and non-AVOD(all others), does that mean that SQ has 3 different Krisworld magazine?

Comment

Yes, SQ has 3 different Krisworld magazines a month. 1 is very thin, stapled one, the other is thicker, 20+ movies and the last one is the thickest, 1000+ choices incl 600 CDs. The thickest one is for the B777-300ER, A380, A340-500 and A330-300. You can find out which type of aircraft the magazine is for by referring to the back pages of the magazine which shows the kind of handset to be used.
        You can obtain the 3 different Krisworld magazines in the SilverKris Lounge at T2/3.

Comment

I'm also guessing that the IFE controller is not attached to the seat, right?

Comment

What does the 772 use? Do they have AVOD on SQ818?

Comment

Originally posted by oxymoron1984 View Post
              Is there a reason SQ didn't go the touch-screen way? Noticed that many airlines, Qantas, Emirates and V just to name a few have already upgraded their systems to allow that. Also, I do like the flight cameras that Emirates has on their flights. I think some other airlines have that too?
              I know that with the A330s, and this might be true for the other metal, that all the screens are actually touch screens, but they do not activate the technology as the screens are too far away to reach in J. Y are activated.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                I know that with the A330s, and this might be true for the other metal, that all the screens are actually touch screens, but they do not activate the technology as the screens are too far away to reach in J. Y are activated.
                I recall that on my 77W flight in Y last year, the screens did response to touch.

Comment

Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                  I recall that on my 77W flight in Y last year, the screens did response to touch.
                  SQ doesn't use touch screen system. They use a remote control.

Comment

Working...
                  X