SQ might just be relenting... [ex-LHR sale through TA]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
    So, in conclusion, the top tip if you are planning on booking business class travel in 2009? Wait...
    Wait until...??

kt74, do you anticipate further discounting ex-LHR?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
      Wait until...??
      This weekend! It's back! (in response to last weekend's QF and MH fare sales?)

GBP1625 to SIN, 2025 to Australia
      Available on singaporeair.com, but c.GBP30 cheaper through Lees, Netflights and Trailfinders
      Book by next Tuesday 28 April

... watch how quickly this news story turns up on businesstraveller.com as an, errr, "exclusive"!

Except, now that Clubhouse access is gone, I'm not sure I'm that interested any more - that was a key selling point of SQ ex-LHR...

Comment

Additional details: (more or less the same as the previous offer)

Books into D on both A380 and 77W, SQ322 excluded.

Valid on flights Monday - Thursday only, between 5 May to 31 August (for the avoidance of doubt, it does not matter that your extension from SIN - AUS is on Fri-Sun. the offer rate still applies)

Mileage accruable, plus eligible for the upgrade vouchers thingamajig if you fly before 30 June.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
          Additional details: (more or less the same as the previous offer)

Books into D on both A380 and 77W, SQ322 excluded.

Valid on flights Monday - Thursday only, between 5 May to 31 August (for the avoidance of doubt, it does not matter that your extension from SIN - AUS is on Fri-Sun. the offer rate still applies)

Mileage accruable, plus eligible for the upgrade vouchers thingamajig if you fly before 30 June.
          Will probably book 2 seats - should i book the 77W or the a380? I have flown in both in Y and the 77W in Business. My concern with the A380 is all those other folks in business and the service levels would not be the same compared to those a/c with smaller cabins.

any thoughts

cheers

clowesy

Comment

Except, now that Clubhouse access is gone, I'm not sure I'm that interested any more - that was a key selling point of SQ ex-LHR...
            Wait a second.. Clubhouse access is gone now?

Comment

From 1 May, unfortunately yes:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6882

Comment

This weekend! It's back! (in response to last weekend's QF and MH fare sales?)

GBP1625 to SIN
                I wonder if SQ will respond to BA's "2 for 1" offer in Club World available from today, e.g. GBP 1,422 all inclusive per person for LHR-SIN r/t. Outbound between 1 June and 31 October.

Comment

WOW. Great fare!
                  I wonder why fares ex-CGK are still pretty high relative to deals ex-SIN/LHR/LAX.
                  I would grab a couple of GBP 1,422 2-to-go deals ex-CGK to LHR in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    WOW. Great fare!
                    I wonder why fares ex-CGK are still pretty high relative to deals ex-SIN/LHR/LAX.
                    Whoops! I chose the wrong dates. If you look at August, you can get LHR-SIN r/t for two in Club World for even lower, e.g. the dates I just tried give £2,342 - £1,171 each all inclusive.

Edit: LON-SYD is £1,637 per person.

Comment

Price Dropped!

I did a dummy booking...for a few destination...

Like SIN-KUL used to be $300+...now at $250+ including tax -sweet deal rate type
                      and SIN-HKG used to be $800+..now at $571 including tax.. -flexi rate type

what makes SQ drop their price?
                      because of the swine flu? or economic crisis?

sorry if this thread is illegal or nonsense but i hope it is not. =)

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenPigeon View Post
                        what makes SQ drop their price?
                        because of the swine flu? or economic crisis?

sorry if this thread is illegal or nonsense but i hope it is not. =)
                        With TR and 3K offering S$60 all in for SIN-KUL.....you could see which way its going

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          WOW. Great fare!
                          Hey StarG, me too, even now fares ex-Indonesia are over double the ex-LHR/SYD/LAX originating fares on the same routes in either the opposite direction or with longer flight times from the antipodes. Unfortunately every time I mention on this forum that fares ex-Indonesia are too high, I get abused and/or flamed by the usual suspects. I have even explained in detail WHY this situation prevails. SQ wants to take advantage of customers on routes with less competition. Then, when there is competition, turn over to MI at the same fares with less service. Then, pull out completely and service only a few longhaul routes. Even there, other carriers are providing MUCH lower fares, better services and better attention to customer loyalty?

Anyway, my solution is QR or CX ex-DPS or EK ex-CGK.
                          Last edited by ; 14 May 2009, 11:51 PM.

Comment

It's back. £1988 LHR-AUS J class on A380. only from that travel agent.

Comment

Yipee,

Just booked a C class ticket from LHR to SYD at Lee's for £2000 and it's A380 in all segments.

I do however have a question. I wanted to pay by Amex so that I could get the free travel insurance but was told that I had to pay the 3% Amex fee!

For Visa they said it was 2%, I told them I would pay the difference - 1% but they refused. Does that mean that all transactions via Visa or MC carry an additional 2% fee at Lee's???

Comment

Why don't you book it on singaporeair.com ?

£1,985.2 LHR-SYD

Comment

Working...
                                X