Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8F, 50J, 222Y seems an unlikely configuration. The 777-300 needs substantially less galley space than the 777-300ER because the latter must accommodate one additional meal due to the longer range.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      If that's the case...

Seems to me that the J seats are not the regional J ones and more like the long haul Js. Time to expedite your saver redemptions!
      The seats are the new regional J. Door 1-2 will only have 8F seats on the B773A instead of 8F+8J on the B773ER. This is due to the current location of the galleys and toilets, which will remained unchanged. Door 2-3 will be all 50J class seats instead of the current 49J+43Y. The rest will be Y seats, configuration unchanged from current 773s.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        Configuration would be 8F, 50J, 222Y, and only SYF-SYL would be retrofitted.
        Are SYA-SYE gone or will we end up playing lottery?

Do you work for SQ?

Comment

The seats are the new regional J. Door 1-2 will only have 8F seats on the B773A instead of 8F+8J on the B773ER. This is due to the current location of the galleys and toilets, which will remained unchanged. Door 2-3 will be all 50J class seats instead of the current 49J+43Y. The rest will be Y seats, configuration unchanged from current 773s.
          That would leave the space now occupied by rows 11 and 12 on the 777-300ER as empty space at the back of the A zone. Your numbers for the B zone don't add up either. The idea that SQ would fit exactly the same galleys to a mid-range 777-300 as to a long-range 777-300ER is not plausible. The first to go would be the forward of the 3 galley monuments at door 2. The small galley monument at door 4R would also certainly be deleted. SQ will not be fitting the 777-300s with more galley space than needed for a 12 hour flight and will not be leaving 3 meter x 5 meter floor spaces empty.

Comment

Then again zvezda has highlighted the pockets of unused spaces in this configuration. So what's going to be in those spaces?

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              The idea that SQ would fit exactly the same galleys to a mid-range 777-300 as to a long-range 777-300ER is not plausible. The first to go would be the forward of the 3 galley monuments at door 2. The small galley monument at door 4R would also certainly be deleted. SQ will not be fitting the 777-300s with more galley space than needed for a 12 hour flight and will not be leaving 3 meter x 5 meter floor spaces empty.
              As I have mentioned, the current galley & lavatories positions on the B773s will remain unchanged. And there are slight differences in the layout of galleys between current B773s and B773ERs.

My Travel Map

Comment

As I have mentioned, the current galley & lavatories positions on the B773s will remain unchanged. And there are slight differences in the layout of galleys between current B773s and B773ERs.
                Going by what you say here, that means SQ will replace 18 old F with 8 new F???

Comment

I thought you meant unchanged from the 777-300ER. Regardless, there would be a large unused area in zone A and an even larger one in zone B. 56J as eight rows of 7-abreast new regional J would easily fit in zone B with enough space left over for one row of Y. It's just not plausible that SQ would fit only 50J in the B zone.

A plausible 3-cabin configuration would move the door 2 galley back to a more standard location, then fit 2 rows of J at the back of zone A. Business class would end somewhere in the middle of zone B. Leaving the monuments where they are now would result in massive wasted space, which is why airlines nearly always relocate monuments when refitting different-sized premium seats.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    that's what i'm hoping , i got few syd-sin vv. with 773

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      That's the most plausible part of his idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                        I thought you meant unchanged from the 777-300ER. 56J as eight rows of 7-abreast new regional J would easily fit in zone B with enough space left over for one row of Y.
                        J will be in 2-2-2 configuration.

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                          Configuration would be 8F, 50J, 222Y, and only SYF-SYL would be retrofitted.
                          Something else does not stack up, besides the under-utilization of B zone.
                          Assuming 8 rows of J in 2-2-2, that's 48.
                          Where will the remaining 2 be located?
                          F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                            That would be a surprise. The seats from the A330-300 would fit 2-3-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                              Flyin' Golfer, welcome to SQTalk!

Hopefully we'll have an announcement by 22 July.
                              I've said it before but I have to say it again:

When is SQ going to make an announcement about the refurbs?
                              22 July (if accurate) is just round the corner, the announcement (fanfare) surely has to start pretty soon.

You'd think that SQ would want to hype this up as much as possible.
                              F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• SQ231/232 might be the first flight for this new config if the introduction of the refurb acft happens on 22JUL.

The introduction of the 77W on the flight has been repeatedly delayed since June and is now the operated by the 772 and this ends on 21JUL.

Comment

Working...
                                X