Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    That picture is of a normal 77W not a refurbed 773A.
    The picture is showing indeed a 77W and its ill-minded concept of limiting space to allow for less seat pitch. I was hoping that SQ would put the foot rests from row 1 to use them in row 2 as there is ample space - obviously they did not.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      The picture is showing indeed a 77W and its ill-minded concept of limiting space to allow for less seat pitch. I was hoping that SQ would put the foot rests from row 1 to use them in row 2 as there is ample space - obviously they did not.
      Right.

I couldn't quite weigh up why you had a link to a picture from another site when there are many on here. That must have been what threw me.
      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 19 August 2009, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Almost, as the seats are both stand-alone with their own footrest. Question is whether the overall bed-comfort is nicer and you don't have to sleep diagonal anymore.
        First you stated boldly above as if you had insider news ....or perhaps you read something else we all did not in SQ's press release of the refurbishment; that the F seats are different or modified?

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        I was hoping that SQ would put the foot rests from row 1 to use them in row 2 as there is ample space - obviously they did not.
        Over here...you are thoroughly disappointed with your own hope that they would mod the seats

The Diamond Plus seat has been flying for almost 3 years....MAN Flyer is right to point out that on SQT, this product has been reviewed and much talked about. Tell us something we don't already know please?

Eg. On the 773A, there is only ONE headset jack as opposed to 2 on the 77W

Comment

• Originally posted by mec View Post
          First you stated boldly above as if you had insider news ....or perhaps you read something else we all did not in SQ's press release of the refurbishment; that the F seats are different or modified?

Over here...you are thoroughly disappointed with your own hope that they would mod the seats

The Diamond Plus seat has been flying for almost 3 years....MAN Flyer is right to point out that on SQT, this product has been reviewed and much talked about. Tell us something we don't already know please?

Eg. On the 773A, there is only ONE headset jack as opposed to 2 on the 77W
          mec - I have read a trip report that was claiming that they have mixed the parts of this seat to come up with a slighty different design. If you had been on the 77A you would notice how much space is not utlizied for the passenger - I think that is disappointing.

Comment

• I'm just amazed that, with the great improvement from the old regional F to the Diamond Plus F, someone is complaining. It strikes me like someone who spent a decade travelling to work on a public bus being provided with a chauffeured Mercedes Benz complaining "Who sent me this ill-minded Mercedes Benz? They should have sent me a Maybach! Wah!"

I cannot imagine any airline wanting to put a better F in their regional fleet than their long-haul fleet. That would be a sure-fire way to mis-set expectations and disappoint customers.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              I'm just amazed that, with the great improvement from the old regional F to the Diamond Plus F, someone is complaining. It strikes me like someone who spent a decade travelling to work on a public bus being provided with a chauffeured Mercedes Benz complaining "Who sent me this ill-minded Mercedes Benz? They should have sent me a Maybach! Wah!"

I cannot imagine any airline wanting to put a better F in their regional fleet than their long-haul fleet. That would be a sure-fire way to mis-set expectations and disappoint customers.
              Right. Maybe they should have just recycled the SkySuites? Less expense and happier customers. The new F is suboptimal and as long as I have to pay for the fare, I have the right to complaint.

Regional First is no comparision because I refuse to book it. It's a crappy product and shouldn't be sold as "First". SQ needed to change it because many other people felt the same.

Comment

• Yeah with minor enhancement.... it be awesomeness.....

Any pics yet???

Comment

Right. Maybe they should have just recycled the SkySuites? Less expense and happier customers.
                  Would it have been possible to get 8 Skysuites into the same space? Plus the IFE would be inferior?

Comment

as long as I have to pay for the fare, I have the right to complaint.
                    You do not have to pay for the fare. This is essentially the beauty of competition - and there are other very good airlines out there who would no doubt appreciate your fare more.

I posit that it is a fruitless exercise to berate a product heavily and then continue to support it by buying tickets on it.

Comment

• Since when did SQ take over from JPA as the seat designer? No doubt SQ has a say in the individual comfort but JPA has to conform to the requirements set for safety purposes in the design of the seat. Koito which manufactures the seat has to make sure the design requirements meets the safety specifications - ie. seat mountings. If you do an overlay of the 2 seat plans (773/77W), you will realise that they are in almost identical locations.

If you noticed, the toilet seats in lavatories on newer aircraft (late 90s) do not give a knocking sound when slammed (It just goes down slowly). ANA brought this issue to Boeing duration the 777 development stage. Boeing proposed a simple rubber bumper. ANA countered with a superior mechanical bummer. Designing one is easy but to satisfy all requirements required a hell lot of R&D + engineering and testing before a simple bumper can be installed. Say you want to move the opening for the paper towels for in the lavatory by a mere 2 inches. Seems simple but that requires a whole redesign on the lavatory unit and it will probably take up to a year to get it done.

So that being said, ideally SQ would have wanted to modify the design of the Diamond seats but the amount of engineering required to make minor adjustments do not really justify the time, cost & manpower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        So that being said, ideally SQ would have wanted to modify the design of the Diamond seats but the amount of engineering required to make minor adjustments do not really justify the time, cost & manpower.
                        Point taken. Would have been nice from SQ just to think a bit harder when they came up with the seat. LH, LX, NH, and TG all give the full 200cm seat pitch to their customers in First - only SQ has to outsmart them...

Comment

• I can give everyone a comparison between the 77W and 77A F seats soon...I am flying this Saturday SYD-SIN on the 77W (special 70K miles 50% off promo for SQ234/SQ233) and SIN-SYD on 27AUG on 77A (rip off 105K miles).

Will take some pics for everybody and post them here...

Looking forward to finally trying these seats. But I'm sure they won't top the SkySuites - they are my fave - can't wait for my final trip on the 744 on 03OCT SYD-SIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
                            I can give everyone a comparison between the 77W and 77A F seats soon...I am flying this Saturday SYD-SIN on the 77W (special 70K miles 50% off promo for SQ234/SQ233) and SIN-SYD on 27AUG on 77A (rip off 105K miles).

Will take some pics for everybody and post them here...

Looking forward to finally trying these seats. But I'm sure they won't top the SkySuites - they are my fave - can't wait for my final trip on the 744 on 03OCT SYD-SIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
                              IMHO, the best F seats are still the 77W. Everything is just right and nicely designed without the claustrophobic feel of being in a cage like the A380 suites.

Comment

• 9V-SYD is going to PVG today. Seat map reflects old interior.

SQ231/232 (9V-SYF) got subbed by a 77W today.

Comment

Working...
                                X