Equipment swap 77W to regional 772

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
    Are they pulling the 77W off SQ861/2 so they can use it on SQ1/2? So as to keep it as a 1x daily 77W to HKG?
    Yes, SQ2/1 need 2 x 77W so they pull 1 from SQ862/861 + another 77W from other routes as SQ will soon receive another 77W 9V-SWT from Boeing after the strike is over.

Comment

Per OAG, SQ861/862 go back to 77W in February. That's probably after 9V-SWT enters service...................

Comment

I just came of SQ 423 today which recently switched to an SQ 77W and todays flight was operated by a 773. It REALLY pissed me off, how do they expect to compete with Jet Airways. Surely not with 9V-SYD. Jet Airways is so much cheaper as well.
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

I flew SQ 861 yesterday and it was indeed operated by a non-AVOD 777-200 9V-SQB.

The captain and IFS said that they only knew about the change when they reported for work while the ground staff's explanation was that the 777-300ERs do not operate the route during the high season.

The plus point is that there were only 2 pax in First, including me.

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
            I flew SQ 861 yesterday and it was indeed operated by a non-AVOD 777-200 9V-SQB.

The captain and IFS said that they only knew about the change when they reported for work while the ground staff's explanation was that the 777-300ERs do not operate the route during the high season.

The plus point is that there were only 2 pax in First, including me.
            Yeah, mine was a non-AVOD one too. The FA just said "yes" when I asked why this wasn't new business class.

Comment

Just back to sin on SQ861 business cls too. Non AVOD B772.. Nice main course (grilled beef tenderloin), couldnt even bother to watch any movie/entertainment, just enjoy the food tats all..

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                Just back to sin on SQ861 business cls too. Non AVOD B772.. Nice main course (grilled beef tenderloin), couldnt even bother to watch any movie/entertainment, just enjoy the food tats all..
                Yeah, my seat opponent had that, it looked really good! My scallops were fine, but I was jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                  Are they pulling the 77W off SQ861/2 so they can use it on SQ1/2? So as to keep it as a 1x daily 77W to HKG?
                  Seems like it. I was informed by SQ that my March flights to SFO on SQ2/1 have been changed to the 300ER. I think the change takes effect sometime in Jan 09 at the same time that SQ861/2 gets changed. Looks like that aircraft now used for the SFO run.

Comment

Seems like the 300ER will be downgauged to the regional product. Same goes for the replacement to 866/865. Perhaps no new products till the A330s come in.

Just wondering, if the above is so, why did 862/861 got the 300ER and the 744 remained on 866/865?? Cashcow service??

Comment

SQ861/862 used the 300ER when I flew to HK late November, but I think they have downgraded it to an older plane for this month.

My bookings show that SQ861/862 revert to the 300ER from Feb onwards, so it may be that they are temporarily using the current 300ER for SQ1/2 (that goes all the way to SFO) until a replacement plane comes in.

Just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                        Seems like the 300ER will be downgauged to the regional product. Same goes for the replacement to 866/865. Perhaps no new products till the A330s come in.

Just wondering, if the above is so, why did 862/861 got the 300ER and the 744 remained on 866/865?? Cashcow service??
                        I would have thought they would put the 777-300ERs on SQ 866/865 instead of SQ 862/861 as the planes for that flight usually arrives into Singapore as SQ 1 and continue to Hong Kong as SQ 866.

Now that they have changed the equipment for SQ 2, the equipment for SQ 866 has now been changed to a regional 3 class config 777-200.

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post

Now that they have changed the equipment for SQ 2, the equipment for SQ 866 has now been changed to a regional 3 class config 777-200.
                          Y'all are jumping the gun. SQ 1 and 2 are still flown by
                          744s. The equipment change doesn't take place until 12 January.

So, the current assignments of aircraft to 865/866 and/or 861/862 likely have nothing whatsoever to do with SQ1 and 2.

Comment

My SQ861 HKG-SIN on 31Mar still showed as B777-300ER...
                            But time will tell.....

Comment

SQ861/2 seems to be temporarily downgraded to 200 but will revert to 300ER wef 2 Feb 09.

SQ1/2 will change from 747 to 300ER on 21 Jan 09.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                                SQ861/2 seems to be temporarily downgraded to 200 but will revert to 300ER wef 2 Feb 09.

SQ1/2 will change from 747 to 300ER on 21 Jan 09.
                                I think you transposed the numbers -- SQ1/2 convert to
                                77W on 12 January, not the 21st.....unless they've made a last minute change not reflected on the website or in the OAG schedules.

Comment

Working...
                                X