Equipment swap 77W to regional 772

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment swap 77W to regional 772

SQ 861 HKG-SIN has been swapped out for a 772 tomorrow.

Anything I can do?

I tried upgrading with *A miles, but there is no space, possibly because starnet still thinks it is a 77W.
    Last edited by qasr; 19 December 2008, 01:26 AM. Reason: flight number correction

Originally posted by qasr View Post
    SQ 816 HKG-SIN has been swapped out for a 772 tomorrow.

Anything I can do?

I tried upgrading with *A miles, but there is no space, possibly because starnet still thinks it is a 77W.
    you do mean the 862/861 run.

It is been known for a while that this slot is swapped out for a regional 773 periodically. I'd say that though this is a high yield slot, the OZ/Europe/US market weighs heavier that the HKG one

Comment

I am booked on 861 next week. Managed to get a saver seat as it shows 772 on redemption page.

However, the reservations page still remains as 777-300ER, so I thought I'd just try my luck and see what turns up

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
        you do mean the 862/861 run.
        Oops, yes. I'll edit.
        Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
        It is been known for a while that this slot is swapped out for a regional 773 periodically. I'd say that though this is a high yield slot, the OZ/Europe/US market weighs heavier that the HKG one
        That makes sense ... but is there a 77W out of commission?

Comment

Ouch. Sounds like this won't clear until your FFP's system can see the equipment swap.

Good luck, qasr.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

but is there a 77W out of commission?
            Haven't heard of one being down. Although I believe a regional 777 did one of the SYD flights recently as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Haven't heard of one being down. Although I believe a regional 777 did one of the SYD flights recently as well.
              Ruh oh, really?! I'm heading down to SYD, supposedly on a 77W a few days later!

Comment

77W swapped on SQ217/218

There's also quite a few swaps coming up between SIN and MEL for SQ217/218 in January. I was booked on SQ218 on 13 Jan. Went from 77W to 744 to 773. I've moved my booking to 12 Jan, which seems to be the last 77W on SQ218 for some time. According to KVS, the 77W will be back from 2/3 Feb.
                The 773 on 13 Jan seems to be a one off though, the rest of the dates KVS shows 744.
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                  There's also quite a few swaps coming up between SIN and MEL for SQ217/218 in January. I was booked on SQ218 on 13 Jan. Went from 77W to 744 to 773. I've moved my booking to 12 Jan, which seems to be the last 77W on SQ218 for some time. According to KVS, the 77W will be back from 2/3 Feb.
                  The 773 on 13 Jan seems to be a one off though, the rest of the dates KVS shows 744.
                  My post isn't about a schedule change, but a last minute equipment swap.

Comment

SQ219/220 is the one that recently had a number of swops:

16/Nov - A380 (SKC)
                    21/Nov - 772 (SRL)
                    28/Nov - 773 (SYH)
                    10/Dec - 773 (SYG)

Comment

My post isn't about a schedule change, but a last minute equipment swap.
                      Got this from another forum:

WEF 20DEC08 SQ861/2 will be operated by 772.
                      WEF 12JAN09 SQ861/2 will be operated by 773.

Comment

Are they pulling the 77W off SQ861/2 so they can use it on SQ1/2? So as to keep it as a 1x daily 77W to HKG?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          SQ219/220 is the one that recently had a number of swops:

16/Nov - A380 (SKC)
                          21/Nov - 772 (SRL)
                          28/Nov - 773 (SYH)
                          10/Dec - 773 (SYG)
                          Does this mean that SQ 220 is no longer a 747-412? Noo! My first ever Spacebed flight ruined!
                          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                            Does this mean that SQ 220 is no longer a 747-412? Noo! My first ever Spacebed flight ruined!

Right there with ya viraj735. Booked on the 219 on 25 March to enjoy SQ's spacebed and 744 upperdeck - probably for the last time, as there are too many other aircraft on my wish list to fly this again. Fingers crossed and prayers said for the 744 as scheduled

Comment

Deleted.
                              Last edited by viraj735; 20 December 2016, 06:23 PM.
                              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
                              X