SQ11/12 Details--NRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ11/12 Details--NRT

The stated layover @ NRT on SQ11 is 65 minutes, on SQ12 70 minutes. Sounds like barely enough time to deplane existing passengers, embark new ones.

Still. . .any chance to leave for a stretch, quick walk around?

More optimistically: the idea of a nice shower @ the ANA Lounge is alluring, and I am in F, but I just can't imagine this would be doable in what would probably amount to a 40-45 minute window.

Anyone care to share? What do all you experienced SQ11/12 travellers do on arrival at NRT? If the answer is, "sit on the plane to await take off," I may be disappointed, but I won't be surprised.

Many thx.

--mcz

same question here. also wondered what to do in the 70 minutes time frame. i was told, can't really remember who told me, that there is enough time for a shower. well, basically i am a bit worried that a) this idea might not work because there isn't enough time and b) that the other SQ F passengers will most likely have a similar idea, filling up all the showers. gotta run to get one or so.

flo
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I can't comment to the transit stop at NRT but have experienced the re-fuel stop in ICN from YVR to SIN many times and I imagine it's similar.
      There are a few different factors to consider.
      If you are in First or Business there is a good chance you will have time for a quick shower.
      At ICN everybody de-boards, stops at a specially designated counter to receive a transit pass, proceed through security and back to the gate or lounge or whatever else you choose to do during that time.
      If travelling in Business or First, going through the transit counter to receive the transit pass and going through security will be a breeze.
      However, if you are in Economy, which happened to me a few years ago, there were long lines before receiving the transit pass and again long lines at the security this was due to being in the last row of the aircraft and everyone else was in front of me and on that day it seemed that everyone was continueing on to SIN. I had only time to go straight back to the plane and re-board.
      This was the only experience in Y on this flight, all other times when flying in C it was a breeze and I had time to go the lounge, do some shopping and still walk around.
      The other factor to consider is if the flight is arriving early, which might buy you a few extra minutes or late, which will take a few minutes from your time, however if your flight is coming in late the flight might leave a few minutes late in my experience.
      On my flight a few days ago from YVR to SIN via ICN we arrived about 15 minutes early in ICN and had more then enough time during the transit stop.

Comment

Dunno 'bout NRT. But on my SQ2 70 minutes transit time at HKG, I had no time to visit SKL (quite a walk from my gate). After cleared security check and went upstairs, I just wait only about 15-20 minutes at the gate before boarding were comenced. And I was on F at that time.
        May be it also because I'm one of the early boarding person type... so I did'nt have time to lurk around....

Comment

Did SQ11 in C in Sept. Late arrival leading to very very tight transit of under an hour. I still managed to clear security, dash to the ANA lounge, take a shower, check email and make it back onto the flight. So you should be fine.

Enjoy!

Comment

I haven't been traveling for several months now. But I had been on SQ11/12 occasionally for few years.
            The good thing is that SQ uses the gates near the NH Lounge (Gate 44-ish). Thus, when the flight makes a 60 to 70 minutes stop at NRT, I know all what you want to do can be done.
            Being in F, it will give you a chance to disembark first (You have to take all your belongings.) Then, if you follow the sign (going up escalator) to an international connection, you will be one of the first to go through security check. (You need your BP stub.) Escalator down, an here you go, the NH F Lounge. (For NH C Lounge, you have to go down another level.)
            When you enter the lounge, basically the staff will check your BP stub as well as in the computer. And they use to be consistent giving the information about what time the flight will depart, from which gate, as well as they will say they will make the announcement.
            Go shower. (I think there are 4 shower rooms. Location is to the left from the main entrance to the lounge.)
            After shower, usually I can still have time to have coffee, snacks (udon or sushi), as well as browsing SQT.
            The staff will make announcement when to board the plane. Basically, the time would be when majority of C and Y pax are boarded already. Thus, you can just go straight to the F/C gate reader, and here you go, you feel fresh for your next flight.

Hope my reply here would help. Welcome to SQTalk, mczlaw.

Just a note, at LAX, SQ uses TBIT. The lounge used will be the *A lounge. The check-in area (hopefully is still the same) it's the first door of TBIT Terminal 4.

Comment

LAX is Tom Bradley, not T4. What is the lounge situation now at LAX? Lots of work being done the past few months. Is it the Star Alliance lounge or ?? How about F-class?

Comment

SQ uses the Star Alliance lounge at TBIT for First and Business pax.
                There is a dedicated section for F pax in the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
                  LAX is Tom Bradley, not T4.
                  Yes TBIT is a non-numbered terminal itself. Not to be confused with T4 which is predominately an AA terminal handling mostly AA flights and a couple of QF ones.
                  My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
                    LAX is Tom Bradley, not T4. What is the lounge situation now at LAX? Lots of work being done the past few months. Is it the Star Alliance lounge or ?? How about F-class?
                    I am glad someone reading my post! It is a slow day at SQT, and just wondering whether anyone would make correction for something that incorrect.

Anyway, AFAIK, at TBIT, the Star Alliance Lounge has the F section as well as the C section. For the *A F Lounge, see here.

Comment

Thank you!!!

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      I haven't been traveling for several months now. But I had been on SQ11/12 occasionally for few years.
                      The good thing is that SQ uses the gates near the NH Lounge (Gate 44-ish). Thus, when the flight makes a 60 to 70 minutes stop at NRT, I know all what you want to do can be done.
                      Being in F, it will give you a chance to disembark first (You have to take all your belongings.) Then, if you follow the sign (going up escalator) to an international connection, you will be one of the first to go through security check. (You need your BP stub.) Escalator down, an here you go, the NH F Lounge. (For NH C Lounge, you have to go down another level.)
                      When you enter the lounge, basically the staff will check your BP stub as well as in the computer. And they use to be consistent giving the information about what time the flight will depart, from which gate, as well as they will say they will make the announcement.
                      Go shower.
                      Gracious thanks. This is unbelievably helpful--as are the other responses. Up, security, down, enter, shower, eat, relax. Perfect.

So glad I found SQTalk. Thx again (from Seat 1B).

--mcz

Comment

Go shower. (I think there are 4 shower rooms. Location is to the left from the main entrance to the lounge.)
                        After shower, usually I can still have time to have coffee, snacks (udon or sushi), as well as browsing SQT.
                        The staff will make announcement when to board the plane. Basically, the time would be when majority of C and Y pax are boarded already. Thus, you can just go straight to the F/C gate reader, and here you go, you feel fresh for your next flight.
                        Hey, yes, just to add on this, I did SIN-LAX on SQ12 F last month and a half ago. And here's what an inexperienced F traveller (me) did and what no one else should do.

Just to add on SQ LPP's post: yes, you do have the luxury to disembark first being in F, but make sure that if you have liquids, put them in a separate bag as per the LAG rule because the Narita security seems to be quite strict about liquids and I had to have my bag re-scanned after being manually searched for liquid. And by that time, everyone else has been snaking around the security area. (Not that I had to wait in line, but it was very crowded)

I personally like NH's F lounge in NRT, I food and everything else is good, and the sushi, despite looking monochromatic when I was there, taste amazing. I didn't use the shower facilities but I am sure if I wanted to, there would've been enough time- and I'm sure you'll find there's sufficient time to shower too (depending on how long your quick shower is)

Also when the lounge ladies announce that the flight is reading for boarding. It is READY for boarding and it is true what SQ LPP said, that they announce after the majority of C and Y pax are on board. I didn't know that. After the announcement, as I was heading to the gate, I was distracted by the shop selling Japanese things. I bought some postcards, wrote to a friend and manage to ask the information counter to send the postcard for me. I had 3 SQ ground staff meandering around the terminal to find me. Needless to say, I was the last to board. Rather embarrassing, but thank god I was in F

Anyways, enjoy your flight and welcome!

Comment

Hello,

I have flown the LAX-NRT-SIN-NRT-LAX route quite a few times on SQ F class with my most recent trip in Sept 08. I agree on feedback/overview provided by both SQLPP and Tanandika hence will not repeat on everything.

I have traveled these segments only with carry-on luggage (tumi 22" roller and laptop bag) and so far have not had any issues on my carryon luggage going through security on my way up the escalator to the lounge. From leaving the aircraft, going through security, up the escalators and into the lounge, it probably took me a total of 7 min and was very smooth.

Fom my perspective I will summarize by saying the ANA F lounge is fantastic! The staff who even though understood very little English where extremely helpful, friendly and courteous. I was able to have a shower and also have some time to log on my laptop and check some emails while having some snacks. The lounge also has approx 4 to 6 mini booths with computers and you can opt to use one of them (and save more time instead of firing up and closing down your laptop). You can see the mini booths on the far left side once you have already passed the reception area and are already in the lounge.

The shower was definiely worth it and I was completely refreshed and was able to make my way to the gate in time for the NRT-SIN flight with no issues.

Welcome to SQtalk and hope you enjoy the F experience on SQ!

Cheers.
                          Last edited by SQ All The Way; 16 November 2008, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sagorion View Post
                            Did SQ11 in C in Sept. Late arrival leading to very very tight transit of under an hour. I still managed to clear security, dash to the ANA lounge, take a shower, check email and make it back onto the flight. So you should be fine.

Enjoy!
                            Welcome to SQTalk.
                            I think usually with a slight delay of arrival, the departure would be delayed a bit to give about at least an hour of the plane to be on the ground.

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
                            ..., but make sure that if you have liquids, put them in a separate bag as per the LAG rule because the Narita security seems to be quite strict about liquids and I had to have my bag re-scanned after being manually searched for liquid. And by that time, everyone else has been snaking around the security area. (Not that I had to wait in line, but it was very crowded)
                            I wonder perhaps it was a random check, eh? Or did you spread around your liquid bottles inside your carry on?

Comment

I wonder perhaps it was a random check, eh? Or did you spread around your liquid bottles inside your carry on?
                              Yes, I believe I was very guilty of that. I didn't go over the limits, but it was the small bottles of Evian sprays, cologne, and a lot of other things like that being spread around my carry on.

Comment

Working...
                              X