Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could effect change in SQ....

...what would you do?

I had an interesting chat with SQ management. Among other things, we talked about the recent 'enhancements' to the FFP, the reduction in inflight services, escalating prices etc.

I have been asked to send in a consolidated document of the various things that frequent fliers here are concerned with and feel could help SQ improve. This document will be forwarded to various department heads, and an informal forum may be scheduled in Singapore to discuss the points further. So if you happen to be around in the country then, well....

Basically, this is an opportunity to quite possibly have any gripes you may have about the airline be acted on in a real way.

SQ has assured me that they would rather act now than have any potential bombs blow up in their faces. They are particularly interested in hearing from premium cabin fliers and corporate travelers. If you intend to change your travel patterns and loyalty because of the recent developments in SQ, that too would be very useful info.

If you have anything you would like to say, you can PM me, msg to be addressed to SQ, and fire away. If you can include your name and email (they may contact you or invite you to feedback gatherings), that would be great.
    Last edited by emperorsr; 3 November 2008, 06:49 PM.
    Have Passport Will Travel!

This is interesting.

Suggestion: Wouldn't it be better if they assigned an official "Lurker" to RTFF and interact with this community?

Comment

True.

Until that happens maybe this will work. If they do organize a lunch of sorts, it would be good to attend. This is when opinions will count.

Then again, they may just end up making the changes quietly due to the letter, coz I have been told, they don't like big brouhahas and confrontations...:-)

Comment

Originally posted by emperorsr View Post
        True.

Until that happens maybe this will work. If they do organize a lunch of sorts, it would be good to attend. This is when opinions will count.

Then again, they may just end up making the changes quietly due to the letter, coz I have been told, they don't like big brouhahas and confrontations...:-)
        Thanks for doing this for us.

Only one point from me -

Be proactive in anticipating the needs of premium pax, not being reactive like now.

Comment

For starters, i think they could at least show a kind gesture by waiving the fee for "preferred" seats for EG and PPS members.
          Last edited by zander; 4 November 2008, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
            For starters, i think they could at least show a king gesture by waiving the fee for "preferred" seats for EG and PPS members.
            agreed. but ain't happening. i checked.

doesn't mean it won't change.

quick note: thanks to all who have written already. it is important that you can be identified by name / email, without them it would appear that i am creating people out of thin air. i am attaching all responses to a master email, which i would copy to everyone who has PMed me.

if it helps, perhaps the responses could be structured to cover the points that build up the brand:

-SQ FFP: KF and PPS
            -Ground Services: Lounges, TPR, Check In, Luggage restrictions, Limo Service (or lack of ha) etc
            -Inflight Products: All classes, anything from catering, seat pitch, amenity kits etc
            -Inflight Service: Crew standards, uniforms (?..does this matter?) etc
            -Others: Eg selling of emex rows, pricing, surcharges and taxes

If anyone has any other categories, feel free to suggest them. If anyone has had any gripes with the way SQ has been performing this may be the time to express them. If there aren't enough responses, it would defeat the purpose of the exercise.
            -

Comment

Well, here are some threads which I think should be required reading for your SQ management friends to get up to speed...:

Had enough of SQ's condescending, supercilious attitude...
              http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5449

One year after PPS Changes. Any comments? Suggestions? Expectations?
              http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5190

KrisFlyer Devaluation: Changes to KrisFlyer Redemption
              http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5250

[Confirmed]: Book a preferred seat by paying a fee
              http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5394

Singapore Airlines acquired by consortium of Air Asia, China Eastern, Emirates
              http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5581

Comment

A couple more:

Changes to PPS (and what people made of them)
                http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972

The Private Room at T3 (and how people viewed the access policy)
                http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4699

Comment

...what would you do?

I had an interesting chat with SQ management. Among other things, we talked about the recent 'enhancements' to the FFP, the reduction in inflight services, escalating prices etc.

I have been asked to send in a consolidated document of the various things that frequent fliers here are concerned with and feel could help SQ improve. This document will be forwarded to various department heads, and an informal forum may be scheduled in Singapore to discuss the points further. So if you happen to be around in the country then, well....

Basically, this is an opportunity to quite possibly have any gripes you may have about the airline be acted on in a real way.

SQ has assured me that they would rather act now than have any potential bombs blow up in their faces. They are particularly interested in hearing from premium cabin fliers and corporate travelers. If you intend to change your travel patterns and loyalty because of the recent developments in SQ, that too would be very useful info.

If you have anything you would like to say, you can PM me, msg to be addressed to SQ, and fire away. If you can include your name and email (they may contact you or invite you to feedback gatherings), that would be great.
                  Thanks for doing this emperorsr. It may be possible that SQ has done its data mining and found that a number PPS members have not requalified and not continued or reduced flying with the airline. The worldwide downturn have also impacted airtravel, so every dollar counts in a difficult environment. However, their European and Australian flights seem to be doing well though.

Comment

Boy, is SQ management getting lazy or what? They want feedback and expect to be spoonfed?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Boy, is SQ management getting lazy or what? They want feedback and expect to be spoonfed?
                      Haha too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        No kidding. If they are so concerned about how their customers feel, they should assign a person to take a look at SQTalk!

In a weird way, this is more of a backhanded slap in the face.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          No kidding. If they are so concerned about how their customers feel, they should assign a person to take a look at SQTalk!
                          Exactly what I was going to say...

If SQ management are looking to effect change in SQ... ask them to read sqtalk!
                          matt_will_fix_it

Comment

A global hotel brand like Starwood can do it, why not SQ? Furthermore, isn't SQ the topic of this forum mostly, if not entirely?

*rolls eyes 720 degrees*

Comment

Very inspiring I must say.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5620

Comment

Working...
                              X