No announcement yet.

Cockpit Crews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hearing remember a Chinese pilot (likely Singaporean from his name and the way he talks) on my flight before. No Singlish heard and he spoke very well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
      Until today I still have troubles differentiating between Aussie & Kiwi accent.
      Easy.
      Aussie = six. Kiwi = sux.
      Aussie = chips. Kiwi = chups.

You get my drift.

Just flew out from PER to SIN last Wednesday, the captain was a westerner.

Comment

Here is a photo courtesy of a cabin crew blog showing SQ has western pilots:

Comment

Originally posted by StarFeat View Post
          I wonder if plane have this tradition too......

On a ship, the Captain has his seat on the right side of the navigation bridge, his cabin will always be constructed on the right side of the ship..... because, the Captain is always right.....

I wonder if Captain on the plane is always right.....
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Isn't the captain in the safety video who wishes you to have a pleasant flight western?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
              Isn't the captain in the safety video who wishes you to have a pleasant flight western?
              Nope. He's Eurasian Singaporean. Now retired, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                I wonder if plane have this tradition too......

On a ship, the Captain has his seat on the right side of the navigation bridge, his cabin will always be constructed on the right side of the ship..... because, the Captain is always right.....

I wonder if Captain on the plane is always right.....
                Doesn't the Captain sit on the left on a plane
                zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                  That is Capt Mccully. No more flying cos he is 64 years old now. He is principal of Singapore FLying College base in Moroochydore where Ab initio pilots go thru jet training phase using learjet.

Comment

I don't know if this was discussed before here. But about a year ago, there was an prank call incident between two SQ pilots, one of whom happened to be a westerner who is a Canadian. My question is how can an SQ pilot be based in British Columbia? Does SQ have pilots who are based overseas?
                    http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...8-8e6ef00c02a9
                    Lena Sin, The Province
                    Published: Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Singapore Airlines pilot accused of making prank calls about a colleague in B.C. could be facing a hefty fine -- and up to three years in jail -- if found guilty.

Looi Kang San, 53, was charged in Singapore last week with making four prank calls from there to three Canadian fast-food outlets for food to be delivered to the home of Steven Cameron Gillis in Surrey, the Straits Times reported.

Looi is said to have called on Nov. 11 last year to Canadian Pizza and McDonald's for food to be delivered to Gillis, also a Singapore Airlines pilot.

The following day, he allegedly called Kentucky Fried Chicken and made a second call to Canadian Pizza.

When reached at home, Gillis, 57, declined to comment, but alluded that there was more to the story.

Looi has been with Singapore Airlines for more than 30 years and has been suspended. No explanation was given for why Looi made the calls, the report said.

Looi's passport has been impounded and he is out on bail for $8,000 Singapore dollars, or about $5,322 Cdn.

A pre-trial conference has been scheduled for this Tuesday.

Under Singapore's Telecommunications Act, anyone who transmits a false message by phone can be fined up to $10,000 Singapore dollars ($6,652 Cdn) and jailed for up to three years.

Comment

I don't know if this was discussed before here. But about a year ago, there was an prank call incident between two SQ pilots, one of whom happened to be a westerner who is a Canadian. My question is how can an SQ pilot be based in British Columbia? Does SQ have pilots who are based overseas?
                      http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...8-8e6ef00c02a9
                      think crew change

Comment

of course SQ have quite a number of western pilots - and the CPT is always on the left seat.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          - and the CPT is always on the left seat.
                          Not quite 100% true, but rather, the PIC is always on the left seat.

There may be situations where an airline is short of First officers, and if their Captains are also rated to fly from the right hand seat - they can be rostered with another captain to operate a flight.

Comment

Hmmmm...ok airlines pilots are not always right.....
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

yes the CPT is always on the left seat - as even if there's 2 CPTs flying, the CPT who is PIC will still be in the left seat. And also the PIC (pilot in command) may not necessarily be the CPT who still be in his left seat - but the 1st or 2nd Offcier (commonly referred to as the co-pilot) who takes the right seat can be the PIC. The few occassions where the PIC who is a 1st officer seating on the left seat which i have seen during my jump seat days are those who are doing their check flights just before they are promoted to CPT.

Comment

thats quite an old photo. looks like a 747-300.

There are fewer and fewer western pilots at SQ and from what I have seen most of them fly the 744.
                                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                                X