Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever bought something because it was featured on SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    The one before the Ferragamo was The Blanc (White Tea) and the one before that was BLU (written "BLV" & smelled yucky IMO ).
    Which is the one that was featured around May/June this year?

It came in a nifty semi-circle-ish container.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL
      Which is the one that was featured around May/June this year?

It came in a nifty semi-circle-ish container.
      The one with the helix-shaped zipper, right? That was the Thé Blanc. BTW, that chap stick was gross. It was like putting your lips to beeswax. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
        The one with the helix-shaped zipper, right? That was the Thé Blanc. BTW, that chap stick was gross. It was like putting your lips to beeswax. Yuck.
        Interesting. I kind of liked that chap stick myself.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
          It was like putting your lips to beeswax. Yuck.
          Haven't used it yet, but incidentally my favourite Body Shop 'hemp' lipbalm lists beeswax as one of its key ingredients.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan
            I would gladly give you mine, but I think two of them are somewhere in a landfill in Jakarta, while the two others are in a LA landfill.

Originally posted by KeithMEL
            Haven't used it yet, but incidentally my favourite Body Shop 'hemp' lipbalm lists beeswax as one of its key ingredients.
            Yeah but for a Thé Blanc "flavor", they're sorely missing out on the actual flavor.
            Last edited by globetrekker84; 19 December 2006, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
              I think I still have a couple (unused ) - if you'd like them, they are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                I think I still have a couple (unused ) - if you'd like them, they are yours.
                Thanks for the offer--I have a few around myself.

As it turns out, now that I've checked, I don't really like the SQ one either. The one I like is actually Blistex Spa Effects that I got on some other airline's kit (can't remember which). I got confused because the colors are so similar.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan
                  As it turns out, now that I've checked, I don't really like the SQ one either.
                  I knew it!

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                    As it turns out, now that I've checked, I don't really like the SQ one either. The one I like is actually Blistex Spa Effects that I got on some other airline's kit (can't remember which). I got confused because the colors are so similar.
                    The best one I have tried is Dr. Hauschka Lip Care Stick. Works wonders & 'tastes' good too!

Comment

I have Holly Valance Debut Album Footprints I bought that after hearing the album on Krisworld on Flight SQ230 between Adelaide and Singapore in February 2003

Comment

Not at all on SQ, but I did get myself a Family Guy DVD after watching it on EK

Comment

Since I last posted on this thread, I have bought a few bottles of the Incanto Pour Homme fragrance by Ferragamo, as well as F by Ferragamo. Used to be a big fan of the former but I think I now prefer the latter. I discovered Incanto after dabbing some of it on myself on the small bottle they had in the FCL toilet on a SIN-KUL flight (no amenity kit for that flight, I wonder why ). Then came across F by Ferragamo while shopping at SIN duty free and bought it as well.
                          Last edited by KeithMEL; 29 March 2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

i do really enjoy the Ferragamo Incanto, and have bought a couple bottles. sadly, it is the only thing in the amenity kit worth using. the rest of the items are pretty much garbage.

Comment

This is just a coincidence, but I bought Iron Man DVD after watching on the SQ flights. I just happen to be a Marvel freak and was going to buy that DVD anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                                Title says it all.
                                Let's see how powerful travelling on Singapore Airlines can be a marketing tool for the vendors.

I have bought:

1) "How I Met Your Mother", "The Office" US Edition DVDs after I watched one episode on KrisWorld
                                2) Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto perfume as used in the new F amenity kit (which I do not yet have)
                                3) Givenchy Insense Ultramarine perfume used in Raffles circa 2000
                                4) Gucci Nobile perfume used in First circa 1995
                                5) Business Traveler magazine US Edition
                                I did buy Number 2 after blowing it on F runs to KUL and BKK two years ago.

Howeverm, someone in the fragrance industry told me that the Incanto onboard SQ was specially flavoured for SQ and the commercial one is slightly different.

Comment

Working...
                                X