New Noise Cancelling Headsets for C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
    The active noise-cancelling headsets are only for C and F, AFAIK.
    So Economy Class sticked to the old headsets?
    "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

SQ1 still had the old noise-canceling headsets in C yesterday. Thankfully, I had my QC2s, so I didn't have to use the SQ ones.

Comment

The new headset seems now widely used. But I see there is a problem. Using this new SQ headset, the volume has to be turned up so high. In the mean time, when I use my QC3, those volume level is very very loud... See the volume indcator in the screen.

Comment

Seriously, do you folks really expect any airlines to provide Bose QC2 or QC3 for their passengers at about US$299 to US$349 each??

(Audio)
          ________
          vaaapp
          Last edited by Audio; 4 February 2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Audio View Post
            Seriously, do you folks really expect any airlines to provide Bose QC2 or QC3 for their passengers at about US$299 to US$349 each??

(Audio)
            AA does on transatlantic flights in Business and First Class.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              AA does on transatlantic flights in Business and First Class.
              Opppsss.............

But are these really QC2 or QC3??....or are they the Bose lower models?

(Audio)
              ________
              sell vaporizers

Comment

But are these really QC2 or QC3??....or are they the Bose lower models?

(Audio)
                They're QCs but I haven't tried them (corporate rates are with BA). CGK has, though. Maybe he can confirm.

Comment

I think it's QC2 when I took AA F last time. The case was the same as QC2 (larger than QC3 case) and has specially made for AA. That's why the FAs were really paying attention in collecting all the headset.

Comment

These are my personal observations:-

(1) The QC2 offers the best sound for any noise cancellation headphones for aircraft and ipods, that I have encountered. Other non-noise cancellation headphones fares better in terms of fidelity.

(2) The QC3 surprisingly is very disappointing because it is very heavy on the midrange and leaves one wanting more treble when directly A-B comparing with the QC2. If you aren't A-B comparing, you might live with the QC3's mellow sound. Another thing I dislike is the QC3's rechargable battery, which render the QC3 useless when you forgot to charge before a trip. QC2's use of AAA battery is most convenient for the frequent traveller.

(3) The Sennheiser PXC300 is very Hi-Fi sounding but sounded bright when compared to both QCs. Lacks low bass as the QCs (understandably because of the smaller diameter diaphrams.) Cannot be driven to play loud hip-hop, clipped very easily.

(4) The Sennheiser PXC250 losed out to the Sennheiser PXC300 easily but it is a good general purpose noise cancelling headphone if you need something smaller than the QCs. You get what you pay for...... Also, the battery compartment stick on both PXCs can be a bit troublesome and the cables, in my opinion is too rigid...could have been softer.

(5) The SIA new headphones gives a mellow sound as compared to the QC2 but still offers very good noise cancelling and it's sound is still superior to the old premium headphones. I normally make use of these when I am flying without my QCs and Sennheisers. (It happens when you do not want to take care of expensive headphones when you are going to the toilets or on shorter flights).

Hope this helps for anyone who is shopping for one.

(Audio)
                    ________
                    buy volcano vaporizer

Comment

Very helpful review, Audio. You put into words why the Sennheisers I bought have been passed on to my brothers.

I completely agree with you about the rechargeable batteries for QC3. I inadvertently left the batteries charging in my flat when I went on my transatlantic trip, because I belatedly realized I hadn't charged them the night before!

Comment

Great comparison Audio!!! Well done!
                        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I guess Audio chose his handle well

Comment

Audio, do you personally use QC3s? or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Audio, do you personally use QC3s? or something else?

I have with me, QC2, QC3, PXC300 and my latest purchase in Tokyo, the Sony MDR-SA1000 (Audiophile headphones) that claimed to go beyond 80KHz.

I have given away my PXC250 since I heard the PCX300.

Of all of these, I like the QC2 best.

(Audio)
                              ________
                              og kush marijuana

Comment

(3) The Sennheiser PXC300 is very Hi-Fi sounding but sounded bright when compared to both QCs. Lacks low bass as the QCs (understandably because of the smaller diameter diaphrams.) Cannot be driven to play loud hip-hop, clipped very easily.
                                (Audio)
                                I bought a pair of PXC300 last month (for S$330) and the only complaint I

have is that after prolonged wear, there is discomfort to my right ear due to

the headphones pressing against it.

This is a common complaint about the PXC300 among online user reviews, so

be warned everyone !

I bought these for when I am flying in SQ Y or other airlines; but if I am

lucky enough to be in SQ J, then I will use their NC headphones cos those are

more comfortable.
                                J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                                X