No announcement yet.

Which would you choose: SQ62 or SQ38?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess this promotion just proves that they need to encourage people to take this flight, and this means loads (in Y) are still not good enough.

Nothing againts SQ, but I hope it continues this way, at least until after August

Thanks for the info Jet Blast. Would appreciate if you can post or PM me the load factor for May.

Comment

jani,

For May, DME-IAH had an average load factor of right around 50%. Going the other way, IAH-DME had a load factor of around 70%.

There was a major convention (OTC) in Houston in early May so those numbers are slightly inflated due to SQ having at or near full planes during the convention.

Comment

Thanks. Looks like I'm increasingly closer to going via SQ62. The price also dropped about $120 since yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Blast View Post
          I don't know about SIN-LAX or SIN-DME but DME-IAH has been averaging less than 50% loads through April. I should find out the May loads in a week or two.

If I was flying SIA I would choose SQ62, but I'm biased since I'm from Texas. If you've never been to Russia flying SQ62 might prove a more exciting trip.

One thing to consider is the departure times of SQ38 and SQ62. SQ38 leaves SIN at 4:15pm while SQ62 departs at 2:15am. Arriving into LAX on SQ38 you'll get there at 5:35pm while arriving into Houston on SQ62 you'll get there at 1:50pm. Not sure if that matters since neither city will be your final destination.

The return flight is a wash. You'll depart LAX at 9:15pm or depart IAH at 5:50pm. Both flights arrive in SIN at pretty much the same time (5:45am and 5:35am).

If you are travelling with a companion and have yet to purchase your tickets, SIA announced a promo fare for SQ62. It'll cost S$1588 per person based on the "two-to-go" sale. Please click on the link for more info.

http://www.singaporeair.com/mediacen...ws/NE_3608.jsp

You can't go wrong with either flight. I'm sure whichever flight you choose you will be happy.
          I just booked myself on SIN-IAH-SIN today and the timings are as follows:

SIN-IAH Dep 0945; Arr 2125 (27 July)

IAH-SIN Dep 1750; Arr 0535 +2 (4 Aug)

Is SQ keeping this bird parked at IAH for 20 hours?

Comment

No, SQ has revised the schedules for the flights from 2/Aug.

New Timings are:
            SIN-IAH dep 0215 arr 1350
            IAH-SIN are per your post above

Comment

jani,

May I ask which flight you chose?

If you're still interested in the load factors, SQ61/62 were just about 60% for the flights to/from IAH.

Comment

I chose to go with MH due to cheaper rate and ability to upgrade to J

Comment

Working...
                X