Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will SIN-HK-SFO route switch to 77W or A380?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
    For SQ11/12, I see that both LAX-NRT and NRT-SIN is available for Jan 2009 in saver F.
    LAX-SIN (via NRT) isn't, however.
    That's very typical. I always check for that.

Comment

I believe with the introduction of the A380s on SQ 1/ 2, SQ 866 and 865 will subsequently be changed to be operated by the A380s.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        considered other routes other than 11/12& 1/2 yet?
        None that I'm eligible to redeem on using DL miles (we're limited to USA-SIN and certain intra-Asia routes). SQ 25/26 is fairly unlikely to go A380 any time soon. I might consider buying a ticket in Suites for me and Mr. Megatop if certain stars allign, but for now just waiting and hoping.

Besides, I'll certainly be perfect happy and comfy in the nose of a Megatop.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
          SQ 25/26 is fairly unlikely to go A380 any time soon.
          Certainly not this year and probably not next year. Perhaps with the second tranche deliveries, but I think a third daily frequency is more likely.

Comment

Ha, I think I know what to do.
            Book SQ12 to go to USA
            Book SQ1 back to Singapore

If you are licky, there will be 1 flight which is A380!
            I assume this situation in Fall or Winter of 2008

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
              Ha, I think I know what to do.
              Book SQ12 to go to USA
              Book SQ1 back to Singapore

If you are licky, there will be 1 flight which is A380!
              I assume this situation in Fall or Winter of 2008
              Or you could be royally unlucky and get nothing.... since Airbus is reconsidering their 2008 delivery schedule :o

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Airbus is reconsidering their 2008 delivery schedule
                9V-SKE and 9V-SKF are still set for delivery in June and July, respectively. It's the EK and QF birds which may slip a bit. Total WhaleJet deliveries in 2008 will be at least 11 of the 13 planned to all customers. The 2009 and beyond ramp-up is more in doubt.

If I were SQ, I would think seriously about putting one or two WhaleJets in service to PEK temporarily for the olympics then shifting them temporarily to SYD/MEL for the peak Dec/Jan season before starting WhaleJet service to North America.

Comment

I see. It seems like it's still not sure for North America Route to get A380.

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                    It seems like it's still not sure for North America Route to get A380.
                    I think it's just a question of when. Eventually, both SIN-HKG-SFO and SIN-NRT-LAX should have WhaleJet service.

SQ's tenth WhaleJet, 9V-SKJ, should enter service in 2009. I have no information about when the second tranche of orders, 9V-SKK through 9V-SKS, are due for delivery. Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      I think it's just a question of when. Eventually, both SIN-HKG-SFO and SIN-NRT-LAX should have WhaleJet service.

SQ's tenth WhaleJet, 9V-SKJ, should enter service in 2009. I have no information about when the second tranche of orders, 9V-SKK through 9V-SKS, are due for delivery. Does anyone know?
                      MSN 45 is 9V-SKJ assuming everything goes in order of sequence. MSN 51 seems to have been assigned to 9V-SKK so 2009 delivery seems possible too. MSN18/24/32/37/53 are all unused (formerly 3 MH & 2 FX)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        MSN 45 is 9V-SKJ assuming everything goes in order of sequence. MSN 51 seems to have been assigned to 9V-SKK so 2009 delivery seems possible too. MSN18/24/32/37/53 are all unused (formerly 3 MH & 2 FX)
                        That's great news that there will not be a big gap between the first and second tranches. 9V-SKK could follow 9V-SKJ by about three months. 9V-SKS might be delivered by the end of 2010.

Comment

Working...
                        X