Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will SIN-HK-SFO route switch to 77W or A380?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
    SQ001/002 SIN/HKG/SFO vv. are speculated to change to A380-800, Summer 2008.
    Cross my fingers (Invitation for all Angels of Luck to come ..... )

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
      So now is the time to ticket or redeem your bookings in F for SQ001/SQ002 for later this year as they should be upgraded to suites! Thanks for the info!
      Just did that yesterday. Booked into SQ F on SQ 001/002 for next February. I won't be disappointed with a Megatop, but if it goes A380 and they honor me in to Suites, well....

Comment

SQ001/002 SIN/HKG/SFO vv. are speculated to change to A380-800, Summer 2008.
        I just read a convincing thread on airliners.net that SQ1/2 won't go to A380 till Oct. and that the 5th and 6th frames will be used temporarily for PEK.

Speculation was that the switch would happen on Oct. 26th when EK launches their SFO-Dubai non-stop.

Any comments?

Comment

how about SIN-NRT-LAX?
          Is this route next after SQ1 /SQ2? Or no possibility since A380 has already flied to NRT.

Comment

I heard rumors about the 380 serving PEK for the olympics. No idea if this is true though.

However, I do think that SIN/HKG/SFO would be the first US 380 route.
            zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by Lie_flat_seatlover View Post
              I just read a convincing thread on airliners.net that SQ1/2 won't go to A380 till Oct. and that the 5th and 6th frames will be used temporarily for PEK.

Speculation was that the switch would happen on Oct. 26th when EK launches their SFO-Dubai non-stop.

Any comments?
              End of OCT???? Arrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!! I have F ticket for SQ2 26SEP....
              Hope they're going to switch over the plane earlier than that.....
              (to all Angels of Luck .... please hurry.... we need you here.....)

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                how about SIN-NRT-LAX?
                Is this route next after SQ1 /SQ2? Or no possibility since A380 has already flied to NRT.
                SIN-NRT-LAX will eventually be upgauged to WhaleJet service. I expect it will happen in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                  End of OCT???? Arrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!! I have F ticket for SQ2 26SEP....
                  Hope they're going to switch over the plane earlier than that.....
                  (to all Angels of Luck .... please hurry.... we need you here.....)
                  Well, if SQ keeps this new pattern of announcing their A380 schedule almost a full 2 months before the switch like SIN-NRT, then with the 5th and 6th frames due June/July, well know really soon!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                    how about SIN-NRT-LAX?
                    It surprised me that they put in SIN-NRT so early, so it would almost make sense that they go NRT-LAX relatively soon, right?

I'm still hoping for SQ1/2 to be the first US A380 from SQ, but it wouldn't surprise me now if it goes to LAX first with maybe the 5th frame, and 6th for PEK?

Comment

... it wouldn't surprise me now if it goes to LAX first with maybe the 5th frame, and 6th for PEK?
                      I expect to see WhaleJet service to PEK before LAX or SFO because of the Olympics.

Comment

I suppose that makes sense, and the new PEK terminal would be well equipped to accommodate the WhaleJet.

Oh well, SFO would just have to wait
                        zxcvbn

Comment

I suppose that makes sense, and the new PEK terminal would be well equipped to accommodate the WhaleJet.

Oh well, SFO would just have to wait
                          I hope not to long, the Fall of 2008 at the latest!!!!

Comment

I hope not to long, the Fall of 2008 at the latest!!!!
                            There will be a gap of about six months in the delivery schedule between 9V-SKF and 9V-SKG during which EK and QF will be taking deliveries.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                              WhaleJet
                              Grow up you are boring with your A380 hating.

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal View Post
                                Grow up you are boring with your A380 hating.
                                Your hatred of a term of endearment is ridiculous, venal, and pompous. It seems like half the posts you've ever made here are personal attacks. They are even more boring than the small remainder of what you post.

Comment

Working...
                                X