No announcement yet.

Celebrity Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite ON a plane, but there was once when at gate E11, I saw Leon Lai disembark an SQ flight from HKG. He was in F.

There were a couple of other people waiting there as well, and when I let out this scream of delight as he emerged from the jetbridge, I think he freaked out a bit thinking he had a groupie stalking him.

Thing is.... right behind him was a much more famous SQTalker, also in F. (he knows who he is)...... and that's who I was screaming at actually

I'm not sure there's an english equivalent word for Mr Lai's apparent behaviour, but it's called "perasan" in Malay. To be honest, I hadn't noticed the Cantopop star at all.....

Comment

• Matt Moran in J on SQ212 on 10/6/11.
      He chose to have the Kapitan chicken over his own creation.
      Which I chose, and found to be underwhelming.
      Suites was empty (about 20% empty in J),
      and I was somewhat surprised that MM was not upgraded.
      (Perhaps I should not be!)
      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• 16 April OZ723 ICN-HKG we flew with Thai princess HRH Princess Ubolratana + 2 minders + 2 bodyguards. She likes red Ferragamo jackets and LV luggage. Also bought at least 5 bags full of shopping from Lotte in Seoul.

She just had her action movie debut film released:

http://filmsblitz.blogspot.com/2011/...review-12.html

Comment

• March flew SQ Moscow to Houston near to Condoleezza Rice former US Secretary of State with minder and entourage

Comment

• Moses Chan took SQ2 from HKG to SFO on Jun 15, 2011.

Comment

• Not SQ I know but as I was flying down to LHR to take SQ317....

Last week I went through security in T3 at MAN behind ex Premier League footballers Andy Cole (Man *) and Michael Thomas (Arsenal & Liverpool) and when I got to the BA Terraces Lounge I saw a few more milling around including Gary Speed (Leeds, Everton, Newcastle now Wales Manager), John Beresford (Newcastle), Steve Harkness (Liverpool) and Iain Dowie (various). Not sure why they were all but a number of them seemed surprised when they bumped into each other.

Comment

• Just last night, 17 July TG401 BKK-SIN, I was the last person to board (or so I thought), until I saw a grand procession of at least 15 TG senior-level staff with flowers etc.

Not for a humble *G like myself however - turns out it was Thai princess HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn was on the flight. She caused a bit of a traffic scramble on the ECP after that coming out of JetQuay.

Read more about her here

That's 2 out of 3 Thai royal princesses for me, one more to go!

(She's the much-loved one that many Thais in general would like to see take the helm of the current King - despite her being a female), so thumbs up to her

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalker View Post

Moses Chan took SQ2 from HKG to SFO on Jun 15, 2011.
                  hmmm why are these HK celebs taking SQ instead of CX? too many fans on CX?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Not for a humble *G like myself however - turns out it was Thai princess HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn was on the flight. She caused a bit of a traffic scramble on the ECP after that coming out of JetQuay.
                    Did she get any other special treatment onboard?

Comment

• Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                      hmmm why are these HK celebs taking SQ instead of CX? too many fans on CX?
                      Simply staying away those paparazzi.

Comment

• saw Beyonce when she was going to Singapore from LAX on her "I am world tour" funny thing is that she has her own private jet so i was kind of surprise.

Comment

• Saw the actor who plays this character boarding a BA flight at LHR T5 last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                            Matt Moran in J on SQ212 on 10/6/11.
                            He chose to have the Kapitan chicken over his own creation.
                            Which I chose, and found to be underwhelming
                            Speaking of MM, I also had one of his creations, the tagine of prawns with saffron couscous, dried fruits and nuts, on SQ 976 last month. As a person who knows what a proper Moroccan tagine dish should taste like, I was extremely disappointed. The couscous was dry and grainy and what should have been the confit de citron was a joke!

And for the record, I too would choose a chicken curry kapitan over any dish anytime
                            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              I am jealous - I do love HRH Princess Sirindhorn. I did get near her in London on the way to the royal wedding but would love to be on a flight with her.
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                                Saw the actor who plays this character boarding a BA flight at LHR T5 last week.

Computer must have said "yes" for a change

Comment

Working...
                                X