No announcement yet.

SQ A330 cabins, routes, timing, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What route does one get to fly that on? Should be quite an experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      What route does one get to fly that on? Should be quite an experience!
      Since you ask: http://airlineroute.net/2011/11/13/b...ty-w11update3/
      CTS, FUK, ICN, HKG, NRT

Sorry to all for going totally OT....

Comment

I take it SQ didn't want to pay to patent their regional biz seat unlike some airlines...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          I take it SQ didn't want to pay to patent their regional biz seat unlike some airlines...
          ...or maybe they did and are reaping the royalties...

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
            ...or maybe they did and are reaping the royalties...
            I thought you only get royalties when selling the item, not for using it. So even if they patented the design, they probably get some royalties only when Eva Air bought the seats from the manufacturer and not when they are in operation. That said, it makes it quite poor business sense to patent it since these are probably one-off purchases. 30 seats a plane + spares, I'd expect royalties to be quite a small sum compared to the cost of a jet?

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
              I thought you only get royalties when selling the item, not for using it. So even if they patented the design, they probably get some royalties only when Eva Air bought the seats from the manufacturer and not when they are in operation. That said, it makes it quite poor business sense to patent it since these are probably one-off purchases. 30 seats a plane + spares, I'd expect royalties to be quite a small sum compared to the cost of a jet?
              Virgin Atlantic designed and patented the original herringbone seats (that they currently use). NZ, AC, and a whole slew of others used their design. I dunno what the figures are, but it must be something worthwhile.

Comment

Spotted similar seats again! This time on China Airline's new A333.

Images from http://www.jadeair.com.tw/discuz/vie...extra=page%3D1
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

What i heard was that these seats are an "off the shelf" design which some airlines just purchase, to keep costs down and for quicker production. The one that is unique to SQ is the seat design on the A380/77W I believe.

Comment

Having done a number of recent flights on the A330's, I can't help thinking they could make the seats in rows 12 onwards much more comfortable for sleeping if they could remove that bottom storage draw. There would be more room for your feet when the seat if flat and I would willingly sacrifice that drawer - which I have never used - for a more comfortable sleep. The only problem I could see is if it would eat into the space of the seat in front.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Having done a number of recent flights on the A330's, I can't help thinking they could make the seats in rows 12 onwards much more comfortable for sleeping if they could remove that bottom storage draw. There would be more room for your feet when the seat if flat and I would willingly sacrifice that drawer - which I have never used - for a more comfortable sleep. The only problem I could see is if it would eat into the space of the seat in front.
                      These seats fitted to 77A's are much better. Wider than on A330 and feet have more room to wiggle in sleep mode, though I can't figure out why. More pitch too?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        More pitch too?
                        Bingo!

Comment

• I just got an email for my SQ852/SIN-CAN flight in early-Jan 2019, which has been rescheduled to SQ850. Apparently they will cease the evening departure out of SIN from end-October 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by GR1 View Post
                            I just got an email for my SQ852/SIN-CAN flight in early-Jan 2019, which has been rescheduled to SQ850. Apparently they will cease the evening departure out of SIN from end-October 2018.
                            About time too. It was a perennially low load flight. But I'm going to miss it. Loved taking it in, spending the night at the very nice Pullman Guangzhou Airport, and catching an early morning CZ flight to cities like CGO, WUH, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by GR1 View Post
                              I just got an email for my SQ852/SIN-CAN flight in early-Jan 2019, which has been rescheduled to SQ850. Apparently they will cease the evening departure out of SIN from end-October 2018.
                              SQ will likely let Silkair take over this night flight in the interim until Silkair "becomes" officially rebranded as SIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                                About time too. It was a perennially low load flight. But I'm going to miss it. Loved taking it in, spending the night at the very nice Pullman Guangzhou Airport, and catching an early morning CZ flight to cities like CGO, WUH, etc.
                                Agreed, it was my preferred timing as well as compared to the morning one.

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                                SQ will likely let Silkair take over this night flight in the interim until Silkair "becomes" officially rebranded as SIA.
                                Very much possible, will actually miss the A330 if so. Wouldn't be surprised if SQ850 is also then converted into a narrowbody seeing the constant low loads as rightly pointed out by 259850.
                                I was hoping for the regional A350 or B78X to be deployed here. Though with this change it seems unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                                X