SQ A330 cabins, routes, timing, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    I was at SIN today in the daytime for the first time in over a year, and the first thing that struck me was "hey, it doesn't look like a parade of SQ 777s anymore. Nice to see some variety with the 330s". Had a very nice flight over from AUH in the 330 and give it a thumbs up.
    Out of topic, today when arriving back from Kuching on a MH B734, I counted 12 B777s parked at the remote stands near the SATS and CIAS catering centers. The 777s must be pretty under-utilized!!
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      Out of topic, today when arriving back from Kuching on a MH B734, I counted 12 B777s parked at the remote stands near the SATS and CIAS catering centers. The 777s must be pretty under-utilized!!
      Going to refurbishments?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        Had a very nice flight over from AUH in the 330 and give it a thumbs up.
        I like the A330's as well, although I think it's important to be in row 11 if you want to put the seat flat. That lack of space around the footwell when the seat is flat is rather annoying.

Comment

9V-STP has arrived....................

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
            9V-STP has arrived....................
            Indeed. Arrived at 1733hrs yesterday.

Comment

will cairo be next for the 333's or are they going to be 777 regardless?

Comment

i think still 777 for cai

Comment

9V-STQ enroute.........................

Comment

I believe the last of the A330-300s will be delivered next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                      9V-STQ enroute.........................
                      ETA is now 1650.

Comment

-STR enroute.

-STS is not too far off as well.

Comment

Thanks, NickC, fr your regular updates.

Comment

These A330-300s are much needed, despite the economic recovery in Asia. Operating costs are substantially lower than for the derated 777-200ERs. I'm very confident that SQ will extend the leases on some or all of the A330-300s. It is serendipitous that SQ didn't want the A330-300s, but Airbus offered an ineluctable deal on them as compensation for the WhaleJet delays.

Comment

don't be surprised if SQ increased their orders for A330

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
                                don't be surprised if SQ increased their orders for A330
                                With the 787s only a few years away now, I would be a bit surprised, though not at all disappointed, if SQ were to order more A330s. The newer, improved A330-300s, the first of which was 9V-STA, combine good payload/range performance with excellent operating economics. I think if SQ had known about the 787 delays, they might have taken more than 19 A330-300s. However, that doesn't necessarily mean they will order more now. Fourteen or fifteen years from now, when they would be due for retirement, the resale value of an A330 would probably be very low.

Comment

Working...
                                X