SQ002 SIN/HKG/SFO 27 Jan 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ002 SIN/HKG/SFO 27 Jan 08

Abovementioned flight delayed 171 minutes on departure and 176 minutes on arrival.

Anyone know why?
    zxcvbn

I can't find this flight. Could you check the departure date from SFO?

Comment

its not only this flight... there is another 12 flights delayed daily for the month

wonder what is SQ doing?

Comment

departure from SFO is not affected as the flight arrived at 2100 but SQ1 departs 0005 or something like that
        zxcvbn

Comment

Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about SQ1.

Comment

1740 SQ002 SINHKGSFO. Delayed 3 hours 28 minutes. Reason: AIRCRAFT DEFECTS. Aircraft: Boeing 747-400. Registration: 9V-SMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
              1740 SQ002 SINHKGSFO. Delayed 3 hours 28 minutes. Reason: AIRCRAFT DEFECTS. Aircraft: Boeing 747-400. Registration: 9V-SMW.
              Aiyah! 747s showing their age?

When is the 380 going to show up on this run?

Comment

Possibly when SQ takes delivery of Whalejets 4 and 5...

And the question of whether these would do the SIN-NRT-LAX or SIN-HKG-SFO route first is still up in the air at this time?

Comment

Originally posted by abraxis View Post
                  Aiyah! 747s showing their age?

When is the 380 going to show up on this run?
                  i flew SMW before. it was quite unforgettable. some rubber insulation tubing on the ceiling next to my seat flopped down during takeoff. i helped the stewardess stuff it back. it came off again during turbulence over the indian ocean and was flopping around for a while. got up and stuffed it back in again. an hour later came off yet again. this time i asked the stewardess for duct tape and taped the damned tubing to the ceiling. it must have been quite amusing for the people around me.

Comment

Originally posted by kras View Post

And the question of whether these would do the SIN-NRT-LAX or SIN-HKG-SFO route first is still up in the air at this time?
                    Always SFO first... SQ tradition

Comment

Originally posted by kras View Post

I was under the impression that SQ2/1 will go to the A380 daily once the 6th aircraft is in service.

I have heard that SIN-HKG-SFO is a more profitable route for SQ than SIN-NRT-LAX. In fact I've heard that the former is among the airline's most profitable long-haul routes.

Comment

Originally posted by RJA View Post
                        I was under the impression that SQ2/1 will go to the A380 daily once the 6th aircraft is in service.

I have heard that SIN-HKG-SFO is a more profitable route for SQ than SIN-NRT-LAX. In fact I've heard that the former is among the airline's most profitable long-haul routes.
                        I can attest to that since it always seems to be full whenever I try to book that flight. The alternative flight is SQ15, SFO-ICN-SIN. Even though it gets in after 0100 (because it leaves 12 hours later than SQ1), they use the 777-300ER on that route with the new cabin. That kinda sorta makes up for the late arrival...

Hopefully when the big fat hen makes its debut on SQ1/2, it'll be easier to get a seat!

Comment

Originally posted by RJA View Post

All the better - coz I just hate going through LAX!

SFO is my port of choice on the west coast, and JFK on the east!

Comment

oh ya... it is conformed about 2 weeks after 9V-SKE is delivered... we will have SIN-HKG-SFO a380 service! sq1 and sq2

Comment

When is 9V-SKE scheduled to be delivered?

Comment

Working...
                              X