Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I just booked a flight to Narita (SQ638). I need advices on whether seat 43AC on 777-300ER are recommended since i will be travelling with my partner and those seats are the only couple seats that can be reserved through website.

Do seats 43AC have a window? Are those seats can be fully reclined?

Thank you in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by bootack View Post
      Hi, I just booked a flight to Narita (SQ638). I need advices on whether seat 43AC on 777-300ER are recommended since i will be travelling with my partner and those seats are the only couple seats that can be reserved through website.

Do seats 43AC have a window? Are those seats can be fully reclined?

Thank you in advance
      Yes, they do have windows and yes, they should recline fully if my memory serves me right. Negatives are that it may be a busy area and noisy, as people queue to get into the toilet or to stretch. However if it's a day flight, it shouldn't matter much, as you'll probably be glued to the TV screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        Yes, they do have windows and yes, they should recline fully if my memory serves me right. Negatives are that it may be a busy area and noisy, as people queue to get into the toilet or to stretch. However if it's a day flight, it shouldn't matter much, as you'll probably be glued to the TV screen.
        Thank you CarbonMan. My flight will be a midnight flight so i just need to have earplugs then

Comment

• Ok, have a pretty empty cabin to choose from for some LHR flights. All business upper deck. I'm thinking 17A (bulkhead, however, close to galley and at the front of the largest cabin) or 96A/K (bulkhead in the strange last row. I hear service can be more attentive but the cabin is colder and the seat is narrower). Any advice? Thanks.
          Fly well,
          Travel safe,
          And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• I hate the Business class bulk heads. You get a little less legroom. You don't get that hole in the seat in front you can put your feet into.

Comment

• SQ11:
              I am flying sq11 in early 2016 with a infant in business. Currently have 17a and 18d since 18a has a bassinet. the comment above was saying they hate the bulkheads. if i had to choose one, our my currents better or 96d/f as they are in the middle and together. the seats are close to the lavatories, but i was also ready that these flights do not tend to be full and may offer my privacy and quietness.

SQ2:
              We are also on this flight in early 2016. Currently have 15d/f with bassinet as well. debating on moving to first class for a extra 13k miles. is there much to gain from business to first for my situation? only thing i can think of is a bit less people in the surrounding cabin.

thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by just_me_13 View Post
                SQ11:
                I am flying sq11 in early 2016 with a infant in business. Currently have 17a and 18d since 18a has a bassinet. the comment above was saying they hate the bulkheads. if i had to choose one, our my currents better or 96d/f as they are in the middle and together. the seats are close to the lavatories, but i was also ready that these flights do not tend to be full and may offer my privacy and quietness.

SQ2:
                We are also on this flight in early 2016. Currently have 15d/f with bassinet as well. debating on moving to first class for a extra 13k miles. is there much to gain from business to first for my situation? only thing i can think of is a bit less people in the surrounding cabin.

thoughts?
                Haven't flown with our infant on SQ yet, but will likely be planning a trip next year with her, so we will be making the same decision. How old is your little one?

on the One mile at a time blog, this was posted about row 96 (copied below). So we are tempted to book them if available and try them out.

"Row 96: This is where I sat, and I loved it. Where do I begin with the positives?

First of all, it really feels like a single row mini-cabin thanks to the partition in front of the row. Second of all, most people want to avoid the last row of the cabin, so you’re much more likely to have empty seats around you.

While there are lavatories behind the cabin, in practice everyone seems to use the ones mid-cabin. There’s a galley in the rear of the plane, so flight attendants are constantly walking past you. On Singapore that’s a great thing, since the crew is so damn attentive. The flight attendants checked on me roughly every 30 seconds throughout the flight to see if I might need something, so the service was as attentive as I’ve ever experienced in any class. Just unbelievable.

The other thing worth noting about row 96 is that it gets really cold. I saw someone mention that online but didn’t totally believe them. It’s 100% true. The cabin gets progressively colder the further back you go, and row 96 is like an ice box. That’s awesome, in my opinion though, since my biggest complaint on non-US airlines is typically that they’re like saunas. There’s nothing a hoodie and couple of blankets can’t solve, though, and I’d certainly rather be too cold than too hot."

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ss-class-seat/

Comment

• Hi all,

After a quick search in the forum, i was not able to find comments about B777-300ER seat 12K
                  According to seat guru, it has a misaligned windows: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Sin..._777-300ER.php

According to SQ website seat map, it says it has a missing windows.
                  Anyone experience this seat before?

Many thanks!

Comment

• What do people think for a couple travelling together in F on 77WN? Wife and I flying SQ228 in a month. Original thought was to reserve a C/D pair. This would be our preference if communication is easy. However if they are so private that we won't see each other and talking is more trouble than it's worth, might just be better to get 1/2 A, and get windows.

Thoughts please!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shen View Post
                      Hi all,

After a quick search in the forum, i was not able to find comments about B777-300ER seat 12K
                      According to seat guru, it has a misaligned windows: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Sin..._777-300ER.php

According to SQ website seat map, it says it has a missing windows.
                      Anyone experience this seat before?

Many thanks!
                      You do get a window instead of two. Just need to lean forward to look out. To me, it is still a good seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                        You do get a window instead of two. Just need to lean forward to look out. To me, it is still a good seat.
                        Thanks!
                        Eventually I manage to get 11A, looks like someone give up the booking. Love the front seat
                        Yes totally agree, there is still a window and good enough.

Comment

• Hi Shen!

I missed the original post, but glad you enjoyed 11A on the 77W. Yes, as you have mentioned there is one window on row 12.

Just for everyone's reference, here is a TR from row 12 of an SQ 77W (Seat 12K 77W, SIN-SYD)...

And here is another TR from row 11 (Seat 11K 77W, SQ16 ICN-SFO)...

Comment

• Question about seat selection: if the SQ website shows they are unavailable but Expertflyer states that they are still open, is it possible that they could open up closer to departure, or could it be blocked based on my fare/KF status/etc.? The seats in question are row 15 of the 77WR, which is the bassinet row for the J cabin (if that affects things).

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                              Question about seat selection: if the SQ website shows they are unavailable but Expertflyer states that they are still open, is it possible that they could open up closer to departure, or could it be blocked based on my fare/KF status/etc.? The seats in question are row 15 of the 77WR, which is the bassinet row for the J cabin (if that affects things).
                              Seats with bassinets are usually blocked for those who need them. You can request for such seats by calling SQ if you have an infant travelling with you.

Comment

• Wife and I are travelling SIN-GRU in late December. One presumes this will be on old 77W (though happy to hear if others know otherwise).

14E/F are already taken. I know 11A/K have the extra legroom as there is a bulkhead instead of a cutout for the seat in front. Is this the case for 11E/F too? Seems to be, but can't find an unambiguous photo. Is there any reason I should change away from 11E/F?

Also, any seats preferred on A330? Got a short hop from DPS. Front row already taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X