This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    It depends. if it was a stunning hot babe, then yes, that was me.

if not, then the answer is no, i have never even been on an SQ plane in my life!
    Nice response.....now you should be asking how the hell did I know it was you.....hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
      On the SQ sticky thread in flyertalk, KIWIFLYER mentions that 17A/K are probably the best seats (dont have to sleep in an angle).
      No I didn't, and that's not why they are the best seats. Due to no seat in front you have more personal space, less claustrophobic/enclosed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        No I didn't, and that's not why they are the best seats. Due to no seat in front you have more personal space, less claustrophobic/enclosed.
        Thanks for your note Kiwi. On the specific flyertalk thread, it shows thumbs up for the FWD cabin for seats 11A, 11K, 17A and 17K. Seatguru shows 11A/K as bad seats as they are narrower as well as the window is misaligned plus the fact there are lavatories at the front. I dont always go by seat guru and in this case would go with a more seasoned and experienced traveler who has over 46k posts already (BTW, over 46,175 posts is super impressive!)

The comments in brackets were not based on what you stated but rather my own perspective based on feedback I gathered elsewhere that 17A does not have that hole in the corner where a pax has to sleep in an angle with his/her feet there. My understanding is that one can sleep completely straight in 17A/K, is this not the case? I do agree with your feedback below that it would feel less claustrophobic since it's the first seat next to the gallery.

cheers.
        Last edited by SQ All The Way; 18 June 2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• You can, but only if you are short (as SQFG pointed out).

On the other seats you are on an angle to get enough length. Same applies on the bulkhead seats. Difference is no hole for your feet because there isn't a seat above them.

Comment

• On the A330-300, which seats in business class are available for passengers travelling with infants?

Comment

• The only bulkhead row in J on the A330 is 11, so some on that row will definitely be bassinets.

Comment

• Some observations I have on the new long-haul C that may interest those who travel with a companion:

The divider between seats D and F is really wide in the 300ER. This makes it difficult to hold a conversation with a companion.

In the 300ER, I'd pick A,D or F,K if I travel with my wife as I find it easier to talk to her across the aisle.

This does not appear to be the case with the A380 and A340-500. In these two planes, D,F combination seems to be better as the triangular space is not present.

Comment

• Can someone update this sticky to reflect refurbished 77A and 772s?

Comment

• got my answer.
                    Last edited by BRANI; 16 March 2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• If I'm travelling on a regional sector, will I be able to pick my preferred seat before actual check-in?

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                        If I'm travelling on a regional sector, will I be able to pick my preferred seat before actual check-in?
                        You need to purchase tickets online then you can pick your preferred seat. If you are in Economy Class, not all seats will be open for you to pick, just a handful of seats. They will only open more seats 48 hours before departure.

Comment

• But during the check-in, do I have to pay extra for the bulkhead/exit seat?

Comment

• People have said that 79A and 79K are great window seats as there is nothing behind to impede reclining your chair, but what about the aisle seats, 79C and 79H. I know the crew seat is right behind both C and H, but does it affect the seat's ability to recline.

I am also looking at changing to row 82 as well...right now I am booked in 77H both on SQ317 and SQ322. There is also the possibility I may just go and purchase 81A for both of those legs (trying to remember however if the side storage bin, 1) exists, 2) opens, and 3) how much space is there in the overhead compartment above those seats; if someone can answer those questions that would be great).

Oh, another thing. This year I am trying something different (for my "short" haul flights only). Instead of sitting as close as I can to the front of the plane, I am doing my best to sit the furthest back as possible (so I can take a window seat (I am an aisle person) and have the best view out possible without the wing being in the way). As such, I have booked the following seats

SQ859: B72A - 56K (first set of pair seats, 2nd to last row)
                            SQ946, SQ976, SQ175: B772 - 63K (first set of pair seats, 2nd to last row)
                            SQ941: B772 - 64K (second set of pair seats, last row)

Has anyone had any experience in these seats before, and can comment on what they are like (well maybe not in the B72A but with the unmodified version of the B772 [version 1]).

Thanks all
                            I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by hofo_mofo View Post
                              There is also the possibility I may just go and purchase 81A for both of those legs (trying to remember however if the side storage bin, 1) exists, 2) opens, and 3) how much space is there in the overhead compartment above those seats; if someone can answer those questions that would be great).
                              IIRC Row 81 on the A380 doesn't have overhead or side storage space. If you board late-ish (and behind the folks in Row 82), you'll have to stow your stuff a few rows away. IMO 81A is not worth the premium, unless you're desperate for leg space. The curvature of the fuselage feels like it takes away from your head space, and there is no window view to alleviate the feeling of being hemmed in.
                              Last edited by jjpb3; 28 March 2010, 06:20 PM.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Wilst I realise this is slightly OT, I believe it falls within the "best seats in the house" thread title Feel free to move to smalltalk if necessary!

Recently seen on the fabulous XKCD.com:

Comment

Working...
                                X