Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got two A380 flights booked and just looking at my seat choices, I've got 17A on the way out. Is that a decent seat, or does it suffer from reduced legroom and/or more feeling claustrophobic? The next one back is 21A - would that be better? Other options are 11K (no window) or 12D (middle seat) although both of these are in the smaller front section. Would these be better? It's SQ321 LHR-SIN.

On the way back I've managed to land 12K which looks like quite a good seat, so I'm happy to keep that (SQ322 SIN-LHR).
    Check out my Trip Reports at:
    Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Originally posted by PhilH View Post
      I've got two A380 flights booked and just looking at my seat choices, I've got 17A on the way out. Is that a decent seat, or does it suffer from reduced legroom and/or more feeling claustrophobic? The next one back is 21A - would that be better? Other options are 11K (no window) or 12D (middle seat) although both of these are in the smaller front section. Would these be better? It's SQ321 LHR-SIN.

On the way back I've managed to land 12K which looks like quite a good seat, so I'm happy to keep that (SQ322 SIN-LHR).
      17A and K have the most room of all. But they also suffer from galley noise - more galley noise than any other aircraft I've been on.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        17A and K have the most room of all. But they also suffer from galley noise - more galley noise than any other aircraft I've been on.
        Thanks for the super quick response! I guess since this is an overnight flight I might want to change. Then again I do always wear ear plugs on board and also have Bose QC2's, so I may be able to live with it.
        Check out my Trip Reports at:
        Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

I've (finally ) just flown my first ever A380 flight.

Was in J in a center-aisle F seat. One glaring issue I have with the A380-version New J seat is there is barely any space to stow reading material. The A and K window seats have the extra side bins, but the center seats only have the small magazine pocket which is already filled with the Silver Kris mag, safety card, Krisworld, Kris Shop etc.

Especially when on long flights I like to grab a stack of newspapers and magazines, and there was nowhere to put them...!

Comment

I haven't got the chance to try the A380 in J unfortunately - tried to book it for my next trip but the two flights to/from LHR are super full on the days I need to travel. It now seems like I will get to try two other new J products instead: CX new J and BA new J.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              I haven't got the chance to try the A380 in J unfortunately ...
              Yeah unfortunately you were in that section with the strange name at the bottom of the forward stairs...

Enjoy CX and BA!

Comment

I haven't got the chance to try the A380 in J unfortunately - tried to book it for my next trip but the two flights to/from LHR are super full on the days I need to travel. It now seems like I will get to try two other new J products instead: CX new J and BA new J.
                I actually have come to believe the new J offering on BA now surpasses CX's. The T5 experience is also better than the one in T3.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Actually now it seems like I will get to fly 4 airlines during this upcoming trip since BA is full on the way back. CX-BA on outbound and QF-SQ on the inbound. I must say I am impressed with OneWorld members' sales integration.

Comment

Actually now it seems like I will get to fly 4 airlines during this upcoming trip since BA is full on the way back. CX-BA on outbound and QF-SQ on the inbound. I must say I am impressed with OneWorld members' sales integration.
                    My four favourite airlines I think!

The BA/QF integration is probably due to the BA/QF joint services agreement on the route you're travelling. OW usually isn't so joined up.

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I need advice here about the favorite Y seat on board A380.

Is 58 or 78 D good seats?

I will be flying from LHR to SIN with SQ 317 on Nov 6 and coming back with SQ 322 on Nov 21.

Comment

• I can't help with recommended seats personally but there are some thoughts in the first thread below with links to TR's on travelling on the 380 in Y:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5029

and quite a few pictures of the Upper Deck on the TR below:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...?t=3829&page=3

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          I actually have come to believe the new J offering on BA now surpasses CX's. The T5 experience is also better than the one in T3.
                          I tried BA's NGCW SYD-BKK few months ago. So far IMO it is the 2nd best business seat behind SQ's new J and beats any of the herringbone seat offered by NZ, AC, VS, CX that I have been on. I'd take a backward seat over a diagonal one that requires breaking my neck to look out the window. Though the one I got on the BA sector was one that was facing foward.

CX's new herringbone seat is just a disaster in terms of design & sleeping comfort.
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

• Question regarding toilets on the 777-200. I noticed on the map that there are two toilets behind rows 16. Are they Y or J toilets?

I'm putting my mom on the right side of the cabin in row 15. If she can use those toilets behind her, then it'd be good. If not, I'd have to put her nearer the front.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• That would be the 2-class 772 J toilets. Could be either the regional or long-haul config. Honestly, I would avoid row 16 as its too close to the toilet. I would choose 15D/F.

Comment

• 43AB on 77W

What's 43AB like on the 77W? Does it get the full recline or is it like 56 with limited recline? How close is the toilet door to it?
                                Anyone have a picture to share?

Comment

Working...
                                X