No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw that the site http://a380flights.net/ is reporting that SQ will start A380 flights on SQ 25 & 26 from October.

SIN - FRA -JFK - FRA -SIN

Comment

• Someone posted on FT about the A380 to FRA from another source a few days ago as well: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16196783-post262.html

Comment

• A380

Does anyone know how likely Singapore Airlines will add a third A380 flight (per day) between Sydney and Singapore, or at least a 777-300ER plane, to replace the 777-200 and 777-300 they are using now?

Comment

• Does anyone know how likely Singapore Airlines will add a third A380 flight (per day) between Sydney and Singapore, or at least a 777-300ER plane, to replace the 777-200 and 777-300 they are using now?

Comment

• Originally posted by echa2949 View Post
            Does anyone know how likely Singapore Airlines will add a third A380 flight (per day) between Sydney and Singapore, or at least a 777-300ER plane, to replace the 777-200 and 777-300 they are using now?
            I think they are putting (or maybe already have done) a refurbished 777-300.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj_jay_smith View Post
              I just saw that the site http://a380flights.net/ is reporting that SQ will start A380 flights on SQ 25 & 26 from October.

SIN - FRA -JFK - FRA -SIN
              YAY. I'm getting some of the last Grand Ol' Dame flights in July So exciting!

Comment

• Hurry! Redeem now!!

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                Someone posted on FT about the A380 to FRA from another source a few days ago as well: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16196783-post262.html
                WOW!! If you have 70125 KrisFlyer miles now, redeem a 1 way First Class Saver ticket to Frankfurt! Put a faraway travel date say April 2012 and wait for SIA to announce change of aircraft type from B747-400 to A380 and you can get free upgrade to Suites!! Or 46750 KrisFlyer miles for 1 way Business Class Saver ticket to Frankfurt!! (You can change the date of travel 6 months from the first date of travel. Eg, if your travel date is on 1 April 2012, you can change date until 1 Oct 2012)

Hurry!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                  WOW!! If you have 70125 KrisFlyer miles now, redeem a 1 way First Class Saver ticket to Frankfurt! Put a faraway travel date say April 2012 and wait for SIA to announce change of aircraft type from B747-400 to A380 and you can get free upgrade to Suites!! Or 46750 KrisFlyer miles for 1 way Business Class Saver ticket to Frankfurt!! (You can change the date of travel 6 months from the first date of travel. Eg, if your travel date is on 1 April 2012, you can change date until 1 Oct 2012)

Hurry!!
                  Exactly what I have done. Booked two one way savers in F from SIN-JFK next April for me and Mrs Chesty. Only catch being savers is that we are flying on consecutive days at this stage unless an extra saver opens up on either flight.
                  Almost certain I wont be on a 747 by then, hopefully this speculation come strue as R would be sensational, even if it means flying by myself!

Comment

....(You can change the date of travel 6 months from the first date of travel. Eg, if your travel date is on 1 April 2012, you can change date until 1 Oct 2012)

Hurry!!
                    SQ will honor aircraft changes for ticketed bookings. However, I am not sure if SQ will honor date changes after upgauge. Date changes will likely require proper booking class and mileage level. For example, if you book I class (Business saver) ticket, SQ will honor it and for new aircraft on your ticketed date. However, date changes after upgauge will likely require D class (Business Standard) being available as well as D class mileage.

Comment

• My understanding is that once the aircraft change initiated by the airline, the cabin class remains the same, Eg: Business Class on B747-400/B777-300 to Business Class on B777-300ER or A380. They don't go by the booking class (I or D class). So you can change online free of charge the travel dates but the seatmap changes. The validity of the ticket remains the same. If your first travel date when you issue the ticket is on 1 April 2012, the last day of the validity of the ticket is 1 Oct 2012. If they go by the booking class (I or D class), you cannot change the date of travel anymore which is not fair to you.
                      If First Class on B777-300ER/B747-400 changes to A380, you will be rebooked in Suites Class. You can go online and change the dates of the flight within the ticket validity dates. They can't force you to downgrade to Business Class because they initiated the change.
                      In the terms & conditions Section E, point 14, http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...vice/terms.jsp
                      14. In the event of a flight disruption, passengers travelling on award tickets will be re-routed as per the rules applicable for fare-paying passengers.
                      Last edited by vsepr; 28 April 2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• But change in equipment does not equal flight disruption.

Currently there's also no O or I inventory for the A345/A380/77W so it is doubtful that you can change AFTER upgauge as TerryK pointed out.

Comment

• But if someone purchase (use own $$) a First Class ticket to Frankfurt (B747-400 when the ticket was issued) now in April 2011, travel date is in April 2012. And in the coming months the aircraft changes to A380, what is going to happen to the passenger?

Redemption tickets are entitled for free date change within the validity period. They cannot stop you from changing the date within the validity period.

Anyway, maybe we can ask people who have experienced this before to share with us their experience? Example, redeemed First Class Standard awards to Paris or Zurich on B777-300ER and the aircraft was changed to A380, what happened to their ticket?

There are also people who redeemed First Class Saver award tickets on SQ12/11 to NRT & LAX before Nov 2010, travelling after March 2011 or July 2011, when the aircraft was changed to A380. Perhaps they can share with us if they can change the date of travel after they were upgraded to Suites Class?

Comment

• If you book a saver award on the 744 and it is then changed to a 380 you will be booked into Suites. However, if you book a saver award then try and change your booking after the aircraft change to A380 is confirmed you will NOT be able to change your booking and stay in Suites.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              If you book a saver award on the 744 and it is then changed to a 380 you will be booked into Suites. However, if you book a saver award then try and change your booking after the aircraft change to A380 is confirmed you will NOT be able to change your booking and stay in Suites.
                              I c..thanks for the info. I just you meant that we cannot change the booking online anymore after the aircraft change to A380 and you were rebooked in Suites.

Maybe we can try to call KrisFlyer up and ask them to help us change dates? And dispute with them that redemption tickets are entitled for free date change within the validity period and In the event of a flight disruption, passengers travelling on award tickets will be re-routed as per the rules applicable for fare-paying passengers, all of which can be found in the terms & Conditions of KrisFlyer? Because fare paying passengers can change dates.

Comment

I c..thanks for the info. I just you meant that we cannot change the booking online anymore after the aircraft change to A380 and you were rebooked in Suites.
                                Thats exactly what I said.

Maybe we can try to call KrisFlyer up and ask them to help us change dates? And dispute with them that redemption tickets are entitled for free date change within the validity period and In the event of a flight disruption, passengers travelling on award tickets will be re-routed as per the rules applicable for fare-paying passengers, all of which can be found in the terms & Conditions of KrisFlyer? Because fare paying passengers can change dates.
                                As 9V-JKL correctly points out, there is no 'flight disruption', it's an equipment change.

I'll say it again : If you book a saver in a 744 and they change to an A380 you will fly in Suites. Once that change is confirmed you will NOT be able to change the date of travel and stay in Suites. Fact. Unless you are willing to part with 1,000,000 miles or whatever lunatic figure it is they say they want.

That's they way they've always done it so far and you can call Krisflyer, Changi, SATS, the Straits Times and even LKY if you want, it aint going to change.

Comment

Working...
                                X