• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
    What routes are they planned for ?
    Nick C, do you have any idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      After 4 months of tight rotations with 10 acft. The inevitable has finally happened! -SKF went tech in CDG. SQ638 tonight has been subbed with -SPJ. Then again, this speaks volumes about the the reliability of the A380. Very impressive.
      As it turns out, 638 got the A388, it was the MEL flight (SQ227/238) that got downgraded (with many complaints I'm sure) to a non-AVOD B773 (9V-SYE). In fact, I notice the next flight (SQ237/228) also got a non-AVOD B773 (9V-SYA). Looks like they reckon MEL is not high-yielding enough that they would bother to put an AVOD bird on.

Poor ground staff...

Comment

• Deleted...
        Last edited by viraj735; 14 August 2016, 10:40 AM.
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
          Nick C, do you have any idea?
          SKK comes just in time for the commencement of c checks for some of earlier aircraft. So we won't see any additions till the checks are completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
            As it turns out, 638 got the A388, it was the MEL flight (SQ227/238) that got downgraded (with many complaints I'm sure) to a non-AVOD B773 (9V-SYE). In fact, I notice the next flight (SQ237/228) also got a non-AVOD B773 (9V-SYA). Looks like they reckon MEL is not high-yielding enough that they would bother to put an AVOD bird on.

Poor ground staff...
            If they do that on the 17th of December, I'll have a fit on the spot.

Comment

• ETA for -SKK is 1555hrs

Comment

• Thanks for the update, Nick C.

Comment

• Originally posted by iainbhx View Post
                  If they do that on the 17th of December, I'll have a fit on the spot.
                  iainbhx, if this does happen please ensure your said "fit" will be recorded and uploaded onto YouTube or at least made available for our viewing pleasure

Comment

• 9V-SKL, 9V-SKM, and 9V-SKN are sequentially adjacent to each other in Final Assembly. Unless something unexpected happens, all three should be delivered in January and February.

As Nick C has pointed out, utilization has been very high so far this year and the delivery of 9V-SKK allows for some much needed MX. For the remainder of the year, SQ will either not upgauge any more flights to WhaleJet service or at most will upgauge one regional flight such as HKG/PVG/PEK/DEL/BOM/BLR. Even SYD/MEL would be too much.

I'm guessing that the delivery of 9V-SKL, 9V-SKM, and 9V-SKN will be used to upgauge SQ308/SQ319 and SQ25/SQ26.

Comment

• Nice to see you back zvezda.
                      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• Welcome back zvezda.

Comment

• Great to have you back, zvezda! We missed your insightful inputs and views.

Comment

• Ah, there's zvezda...

Comment

• zvezda - Thanks!

A380 Number 12, 9V-SKL - Still looks due for December
                              A380 Number 13 & 14, 9V-SKM & 9V-SKN - Still look due for Jan 2011

Looking forward to a few more A380's flying around and hopefully another one to SYD/MEL

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                                .....I'm guessing that the delivery of 9V-SKL, 9V-SKM, and 9V-SKN will be used to upgauge SQ308/SQ319 and SQ25/SQ26.
                                Welcome back, zvezda. Do you mean SQ308/SQ319 or SQ25/SQ26? Each route requires 3 aircraft to operate.

Comment

Working...
                                X