No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just read Pullmantar Air are also taken a 2nd ex SQ B744 so would anyone know the rego of that plane?

Maybe -SMU or -SMW?

Comment

• Thanks for the update Tom/PER. I was wondering if SMZ was going to CX/KA as a number of ex SQ 744s have.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJA View Post
        Thanks for the update Tom/PER. I was wondering if SMZ was going to CX/KA as a number of ex SQ 744s have.
        No, 9V-SMZ went to Pullmantar. She's already been repainted.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
          No, 9V-SMZ went to Pullmantar. She's already been repainted.
          Yes, I am aware of this. When I wrote that I was wondering I was referring to the past tense, before we found out SMZ went to Pullmantur Air.
          Last edited by RJA; 17 April 2008, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJA View Post
            Yes, I am aware of this. When I wrote that I was wondering I was referring to the past tense, before we found out SMZ went to Pullmantur Air.
            Ah! I see. You had been wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              No, 9V-SMZ went to Pullmantar.
              What is a Pullmantar?

Comment

• According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Pullmantur it's a Spanish charter airline.

Comment

• ladies and gentleman... another one of SIA 744 Pax, 9V-SMS has jus begun her transformation into freighter. She is in the PTF Hangar currently.
                  life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lame38.5 View Post
                    ladies and gentleman... another one of SIA 744 Pax, 9V-SMS has jus begun her transformation into freighter. She is in the PTF Hangar currently.
                    Flew on it last July

Comment

• So how many 744's are left on SQ pax services and which routes are they operating? The following come to mind:

LHR, JFK (via) FRA, LAX (via NRT), SFO (via HKG), SYD, MEL

Comment

• Originally posted by soak01 View Post
                        So how many 744's are left on SQ pax services and which routes are they operating? The following come to mind:

LHR, JFK (via) FRA, LAX (via NRT), SFO (via HKG), SYD, MEL
                        16 left in service plus, for a few more weeks, the leased ex-MH 747-400.

Comment

• Although the 744 would be missed, I don't mind some newer aircraft.. The interior of the 744 is showing it's age..

BTW, when is the next 744 going?
                          zxcvbn

Comment

• SMS is due a change of scenery - 15 years with SQ is long enough. heh.

SMU seems to be slowing down too - Major MX? Or is she being prepped for retirement?

SMW's still going strong though.

Comment

• Note that 9V-SPC and 9V-SPD have already been retired, so 9V-SPA and 9V-SPB, as well as 9V-SMU and 9V-SMW, should be considered ripe and subject to go at any time. Only about four more are scheduled to go before the end of March 2009. Most of the last dozen or so will be retired as the second tranche of nine WhaleJets join the fleet.

Comment

• there's also only about 2 years age difference between SPA and SPJ, so I'm guessing that any bird from this window could be moved on anytime as well.

SPM, SPN, SPO, SPP and SPQ all joined the fleet after 2000, so there's a good many years of service left in them yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X