No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any plans to retire 9V-SMU soon? I flew on it SIN-MEL SQ227 on Thursday, it was appauling and tired inside, it made me think SQ was losing their quality, its giving them a bad name. I suppose it was a big change after getting off a 77W flight

Comment

The new cabin products just make one think that all the old SQ seats are crap, they are at least better than some other airlines. At least SQ 744s are better than some airlines that we know of. There are at least PTVs in every seat with AVOD unlike some ScaryTeam airlines and Thai. The products of the 744 are generally still considered good. 9V-SMU is actively flying and was last seen (by me) today coming from MEL. It has been flying mainly into Down Under for the past few weeks. I don't think SQ will decommission a 1000th 747 so quickly.

Comment

I agree with WSSS. I still look forward to flying SQ's 747s.

Comment

Hihi. While I will still agree that flying a 747 is special, the economy class is terrible. Space beds and First Class remain nice enough. For economy, I rather fly the regional 772/3 or the new 777-300ERs (of cos) anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyooi View Post
            Hihi. While I will still agree that flying a 747 is special, the economy class is terrible. Space beds and First Class remain nice enough. For economy, I rather fly the regional 772/3 or the new 777-300ERs (of cos) anytime.

Yes, economy class on 747 is quite bad. Time to change.

Comment

I concur with you guys. A bit old and worn out. But look, its still better than some other airlines we know of.

Comment

Rumor has it that SQ have sold a 747-400 to LY for delivery in 2008. Does anyone here know which one?

Comment

-SMY delivered to KA in HKG on 03 Jan 08.

BCF conversion and will become B-KAI, one more to knock off the SQ fleet-list.

rgds

Tom/PER

Comment

Another one bites the dust...

It will be a sad day when the last 747 goes. A fabulous aircraft. Never mind inaugurals of ugly new aircraft, who fancies trying to get on the last ever SQ Megatop flight ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      , who fancies trying to get on the last ever SQ Megatop flight ?.
                      Great Idea

Comment

Too sad to even think about.

Comment

It will be a sad day when the last 747 goes. A fabulous aircraft. Never mind inaugurals of ugly new aircraft, who fancies trying to get on the last ever SQ Megatop flight ?
                          I might be up for that. We've got about three or four years left.

Comment

It would be cool if SQ order some 747-8Is. We'll have to wait for SQ to choose between the 777F and the 747-8F before any decision to perhaps order the 747-8I. If SQ choose the 777F to replace the 747-400Fs, then we can rule out the 747-8I. Suites upstairs on the 747-8I would be great despite no honeymoon suites.

Comment

It will be a sad day when the last 747 goes. A fabulous aircraft. Never mind inaugurals of ugly new aircraft, who fancies trying to get on the last ever SQ Megatop flight ?
                              Count me in. Nevermind the new cabin of the 77W and A380. To me it still feel's great to fly the 747 despite it's age.
                              BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by IanDeYoung View Post
                                Nevermind the new cabin of the 77W and A380. To me it still feel's great to fly the 747 despite it's age.
                                Given a choice between the WhaleJet and the JumboJet (as currently configured), I would fly the WhaleJet without hesitation. I would love to try the new Suites class upstairs on a JumboJet though.

Comment

Working...
                                X