SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lame38.5 View Post
    i am being trained to work on 747-400 and now they selling away the planes one by one... wat can i do then?
    I'm sure SQ will then train you to work on something else. Anyway, the last Jumbo should leave the passenger fleet in 2011. The freighters sometime later.

Comment

• Off another forum -SMS is the one going to El Al no later than Dec 2008.

Quote:
      Singapore Airlines
      Hub: Singapore Changi | IATA: SQ | ICAO: SIA | details
      C/N MSN last update model registration remarks former airline former reg. delivered to
      981 27134 B747-412 9V-SMS for El Al Israel Airlines Singapore Airlines

Comment

• Saw her yesterday morning, she was parked at the remote stand next to the catering centre closer to the Budget terminal. Will see tomorrow morning if she's still there

Comment

• SMS has moved. In its place is an A380; Couldn't see the rego, had traffic behind me so didn't stop

Comment

• So how many 744's have SQ got left?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              So how many 744's have SQ got left?
              I believe 18 now including SMS but not including the leased one.

Comment

• Well SMS is back in service, must have been routine maintenance.

However, 9V-SMZ has not recorded any activity since the end of February whereas the rest of the fleet continues to show activity up until the last few days. Is SQ currently retiring this aircraft? If so where will it go?

Also, ex 9V-SMF/VT-AIF/N728BA is now in service with MP as PH-MPS
                Last edited by RJA; 16 April 2008, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• sorry for the late reply... SMZ has been undergoing de-modification in the hangar for about 2 weeks. it is being de-leased to the airplane's original owner. so less one 744 of SQ ladies n gentlemen.

=(
                  life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• Tar for that lame38.5,

As far as I know -SMZ has been with SQ since new, is it undergoing BCF conversion or leased to someone...Boeing maybe??

I presume de-modification, refers to being stripped of all SQ furnishings etc?.....

Interesting!

Comment

• tats right, the painting of the registration 9v-smz has been stripped off, plus the first class seats were removed etc...
                      fyi the original owner of the aircraft is not SIA at all... it is jus being returned to the owner to be leased to another airline.

pardon me, wat does TAR mean? thanx
                      life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                        I believe 18 now including SMS but not including the leased one.
                        Do you know if SQ11/SQ12 744's (LAX/NRT/SIN) will go out of service this year?

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                          Do you know if SQ11/SQ12 744's (LAX/NRT/SIN) will go out of service this year?

Cheers!
                          Only if it's replaced by WhaleJet service. Someday, but I don't know the schedule.

Comment

• Hey lame38.5,

tar means thanks/thank you etc....

If you find out which carrier is taking -SMZ could you please let us know.

Comment

• No-one has mentioned this one yet.

There is an entry on the skyliner website stating that ex 9V-SMZ was delivered in full c/scheme to Pullmantur Air SIN-MAD on the 15th April 08 as EC-KQC.

Comment

• Bye bye SMZ! The one 744 that seemed to follow me around, or at least, I thought it did.....

Comment

Working...
                                X