SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
    Any idea why do they destroy the F seats? Competitive reasons?
    As far as they know, it's due to competitive reasons. I think they remove the IFE stuff like the LCD screen and electrical controls but all of them get destroyed. I once saw a whole bunch of seats being taken apart in western Singapore in an industrial estate, for scrap. Can remember exactly where but I confirmed with the guy that those were SIA seats.

Comment

Anybody knows who/where 9V-SMU will be going to and is it still in SIN?
      Saw it in the hangar in all white livery 2 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
        When are the 787 coming in anyways???? Long time???
        A week on Sunday, I think....

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Poor old Sarong Party Girl. Too bad she had to grow old...

Yes, poor old Party Girl. Sarong or Singapore, whatever you want to call her. My last flight on a 744 was on/in her (cough), and I made a point of bringing up a discussion of SPG's with the crew. Strangely enough the fresh-out-of-SQ-boot-camp FSS didn't get what I was on about but the LSS's did.

Comment

• 9V-SMU is no longer in the SIAEC hangar visible from the T1 viewing mall as of last night. Anyone knows if she's still in SIN?

Comment

9V-SMU is no longer in the SIAEC hangar visible from the T1 viewing mall as of last night. Anyone knows if she's still in SIN?
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Anyone know which 744 is the one which does FRA-SIN? Or when it will get taken away from us

Comment

• Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                Anyone know which 744 is the one which does FRA-SIN? Or when it will get taken away from us
                All active 744s get assigned to SQ25/26 over time. It's quite random: you can't predict which individual frame will get assigned to 26 more than a day or two ahead of time (although the fleet dispatchers doubtless have a plan in mind longer than that).

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  HUGE AL

Comment

9V-SMU is no longer in the SIAEC hangar visible from the T1 viewing mall as of last night. Anyone knows if she's still in SIN?
                    Hi there, can't help with her location, but can tell you she is listed for lease/ sale by ORIX Aviation.

You can see her setails here: http://www.planemart.com/FAA/Listing...stid=-55295104

Former 9V-SMU was listed yesterday 18/01/2011.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Yes, poor old Party Girl. Sarong or Singapore, whatever you want to call her. My last flight on a 744 was on/in her (cough), and I made a point of bringing up a discussion of SPG's with the crew. Strangely enough the fresh-out-of-SQ-boot-camp FSS didn't get what I was on about but the LSS's did.
                      Wow!! what a waste!! Can't I buy one of it sans the electronic system?

I remember in 2000 when they rolled out the new F, J and Y class with 9V-SPK (RIP)...ads were all over magazines, billboards and newspapers. It heralded a whole new era in the aviation world!

Investment for these seats had been paid many times over since its intro till retirement. Perhaps low selling value as well. Not to forget competitive reason. I wonder why SQ didn't license out the design like what VS did with their herringbone design in J class. earn some more bucks!

I had the privilege of sitting on one of the F seat in 9V-SMU last Dec, took loads of pix. the Chief Steward was very pleasant guy, name is Vincent i think.

Comment

• Anyone knows which 747 will be leaving next? I heard one of them is currently undergoing freighter conversion at one of the SIAEC hangars. Anyone knows which one?

9V-SPA
                        9V-SPE
                        9V-SPJ
                        9V-SPM
                        9V-SPN
                        9V-SPO
                        9V-SPP
                        9V-SPQ

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                          Can't I buy one of it sans the electronic system?
                          Some airlines have sold used First Class seats to frequent fliers. I don't recall SQ doing so.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                            Some airlines have sold used First Class seats to frequent fliers. I don't recall SQ doing so.
                            SIA don't do that. They remove the IFE parts and the seats are collected by a vendor who takes them somewhere in Kranji and crushes them.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRJ View Post
                              Anyone knows which 747 will be leaving next? I heard one of them is currently undergoing freighter conversion at one of the SIAEC hangars. Anyone knows which one?

9V-SPA
                              9V-SPE
                              9V-SPJ
                              9V-SPM
                              9V-SPN
                              9V-SPO
                              9V-SPP
                              9V-SPQ
                              9V-SPA has been withdrawn. The other seven are still active.

Comment

• I think we'll see some more withdrawn from service soon after SIN-NRT-LAX gets upgauged to WhaleJet service.

Comment

Working...
                                X