No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any information on 9V-SPM? I came back to Singapore in October but as far as I am aware, has not been flying.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
      I flew with SQ for the first time on 15th Nov, connecting from KUL to MEL. First leg was 9V-SRI. To MEL was B744 9V-SMU. I was over the moon when I saw 9V-SMU...hahas!! the crews was amazingly awesome and the flight wasn't full. Took lots of pic. My fever relapsed while in the flight..missed my tub of ice cream..=.=

Coming back yesterday, thanks to A380 fiasco, SQ decided to swapped my flight to B744...don't know I should be happy or otherwise. But a blessing in disguise maybe. Got 9V-SPJ. 9V-SPN was also at MEL airport. All seats max-ed out. Apparently, I called up the SQ call centre no booking for Melbourne morning flight can be altered till 17th Dec.

The chicken pie was nice...catering was all right. Both B744s are awesome although the interior was a bit dated but still all right. Only problem...the KrisWorld system were hard to read and the PTV can't be moved to suit your eye level.

Double doses of B744... Overall, an amazing experience with SQ....never better..

SQ...A great way to fly...
      Take is as a blessing, the 747s won't be here for long Besides, they were taken off the MEL route for quite a while ago, so you're lucky!

Comment

• For now i am pretty sure

9V-SPP (SQ227 , star alliance livery)
        9V-SPN (SQ228 , Big SINGAPORE AIRLINES letters instead of smaller ones)
        9V-SPJ , 9V-SMU by stated by jul247

Are operating SIN-MEL-SIN route.

Was onboard SPN last night , some flaws.

Broken toilet doors (the 1 all the way behind , tail part)
        Broken door window in the end some passenger used the blankets to cover that window from sunlight
        Spoilt seat headrest
        Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

Comment

• Originally posted by qantas_flyer View Post
          Does anyone have any information on 9V-SPM? I came back to Singapore in October but as far as I am aware, has not been flying.

Dave
          According to ACARS reports, 9V-SPM operated as SQ237/228 to/from MEL:

http://www.acarsd.org/flsearch.html?reg=9v-spm&flight=

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Take is as a blessing, the 747s won't be here for long Besides, they were taken off the MEL route for quite a while ago, so you're lucky!
            Thanks SilverChris. Yea, I am darn lucky I guess. Been hoping for A380s for the whole year.. The main reason I booked my ticket: B772, B744, A380 and A330 all the way and return.

The Chief Steward wanted to take me to the cockpit but the Captain didn't us to do so. But am ok with it since 9/11 cockpit has been off limit to crew. Some of the crews are seniors of my uni, Monash Uni. They told me so since I was wearing Monash hoodies.

Never, I went around since I was last to leave and took some more pix before some ground crews started shoo-ing me.

Btw, I saw all four B744s currently flying SIN-MEL as mentioned above.

9V-SMU
            9V-SPP (saw this when I was flying back from SYD)
            9V-SPN
            9V-SPJ (one I flew on)

btw, i just joined SQTalk this morning...still learning from all of you. Please do point teach
            Last edited by jul247; 3 December 2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PI66341 View Post
              For now i am pretty sure

9V-SPP (SQ227 , star alliance livery)
              9V-SPN (SQ228 , Big SINGAPORE AIRLINES letters instead of smaller ones)
              9V-SPJ , 9V-SMU by stated by jul247

Are operating SIN-MEL-SIN route.

Was onboard SPN last night , some flaws.

Broken toilet doors (the 1 all the way behind , tail part)
              Broken door window in the end some passenger used the blankets to cover that window from sunlight
              Spoilt seat headrest
              9V-SPJ as well. The crews had to open one of the out-of-order toilet to free up some toilet line. Massive toilet line at all toilet.

They had to slammed the compartments inside the toilet shut as it kept opening. Ouch to the aircraft...

Hope I can do another trip with SQ B744..

Comment

9V-SPJ as well. The crews had to open one of the out-of-order toilet to free up some toilet line. Massive toilet line at all toilet.

They had to slammed the compartments inside the toilet shut as it kept opening. Ouch to the aircraft...

Hope I can do another trip with SQ B744..
                Another matter on SPN last night.

Seat : 54E / Seat recline was broken. It was recline all the way because the system just completely spoilt. You can return the seats but a while later , the seat slowly recline and that is it.

My poor mum was behind this seat. HAHA.

Comment

Another matter on SPN last night.

Seat : 54E / Seat recline was broken. It was recline all the way because the system just completely spoilt. You can return the seats but a while later , the seat slowly recline and that is it.

My poor mum was behind this seat. HAHA.
                  hahas!! seems like the interior is really need some fixing, but doubt so will happen soon as they are on the way out. And the eight months in desert do have some effects. Wonder if they remove all interior before they flew it over to Victorville?

My remote controller was not functioning properly, need to push at the connection.

Never mind that, even the new A333 I took back to KL is starting to show sign of excessive use as well. The plastic phone jack and the arm rest have cracks already. 9V-STF. Only 1.7 years old...

Comment

hahas!! seems like the interior is really need some fixing, but doubt so will happen soon as they are on the way out. And the eight months in desert do have some effects. Wonder if they remove all interior before they flew it over to Victorville?

My remote controller was not functioning properly, need to push at the connection.

Never mind that, even the new A333 I took back to KL is starting to show sign of excessive use as well. The plastic phone jack and the arm rest have cracks already. 9V-STF. Only 1.7 years old...
                    Yeah. Although i was kinda mad that my flight SQ227 was changed to a 747 when i fly to MEL last month , but hey you managed to take the mega top before it will be fully retire sometime later.

Yes i heard it was stored for a year. 10/2009 was stored and back in to service in 10/2010

My remote controller coil wire was already "saggy". and it takes some time to squeeze the wire into the holder.

I am hoping to take the A330. The 2 seater config makes me excited. New seats , AVOD. The cracks was probably damaged by the passengers. SQ cant do anything.

"The older version is usually more lasting and durable than the newer version." It applies all everything , phone , laptops and so.

Comment

Yeah. Although i was kinda mad that my flight SQ227 was changed to a 747 when i fly to MEL last month , but hey you managed to take the mega top before it will be fully retire sometime later.

Yes i heard it was stored for a year. 10/2009 was stored and back in to service in 10/2010

My remote controller coil wire was already "saggy". and it takes some time to squeeze the wire into the holder.

I am hoping to take the A330. The 2 seater config makes me excited. New seats , AVOD. The cracks was probably damaged by the passengers. SQ cant do anything.

"The older version is usually more lasting and durable than the newer version." It applies all everything , phone , laptops and so.
                      Hahas!! Yea, me too. When I was doing internet check-in, I flipped when I read 744 as scheduled aircraft. but its blessing in disguise. Only yesterday SQ238 was B744 today and onwards are all B773. hehe!!

My remote was in same condition as yours...lolx! My SQ A333 flight was too short to be enjoyed. The torrential rain delayed my flight for 30 mins and we joined a long queue for take off.

The flight was in turbulence all over. No drinks were served in air, but the crew did gave out orange juice when we were waiting at the gate for take off. A333s looks super posh and airy....pity those plastic-ky interior. The crew were super friendly and helped me to fill in my travelogue.

Result of the trip: B772ER (old config), B744 (twice) and A333. And lots of pix. hehe!!! Hope your flight has been good as well. Gosh I will fly SQ anytime to get to anywhere.

Comment

Hahas!! Yea, me too. When I was doing internet check-in, I flipped when I read 744 as scheduled aircraft. but its blessing in disguise. Only yesterday SQ238 was B744 today and onwards are all B773. hehe!!

My remote was in same condition as yours...lolx! My SQ A333 flight was too short to be enjoyed. The torrential rain delayed my flight for 30 mins and we joined a long queue for take off.

The flight was in turbulence all over. No drinks were served in air, but the crew did gave out orange juice when we were waiting at the gate for take off. A333s looks super posh and airy....pity those plastic-ky interior. The crew were super friendly and helped me to fill in my travelogue.

Result of the trip: B772ER (old config), B744 (twice) and A333. And lots of pix. hehe!!! Hope your flight has been good as well. Gosh I will fly SQ anytime to get to anywhere.

Actually the past few days before my SQ227 departure. It was all 773 until on my flight it was a 747!

I was thinking ah...i rather take the 747 since it's gonna be gone very soon.

Comment

Actually the past few days before my SQ227 departure. It was all 773 until on my flight it was a 747!

I was thinking ah...i rather take the 747 since it's gonna be gone very soon.
                          Yea...you shud taken it...which you did. Lox!!

Now am trying to gun for 9V-SPP. Star Alliance cs. Since the ticket to MEL is quite cheap as well. hehe!! the shortest flight and highest chance is MEL. Am trying to come up with some reasons to go MEL again. lolx!

Comment

Yea...you shud taken it...which you did. Lox!!

Now am trying to gun for 9V-SPP. Star Alliance cs. Since the ticket to MEL is quite cheap as well. hehe!! the shortest flight and highest chance is MEL. Am trying to come up with some reasons to go MEL again. lolx!
                            Haha. The planes are all serving different destination like MEL , NRT and FRA

Comment

• Was on SMU yesterday to JFK.
                              It should be on its way back to SIN now.

Comment

• Originally posted by LateBloomer View Post
                                Was on SMU yesterday to JFK.
                                It should be on its way back to SIN now.
                                God , SMU is like 18 years old i think.

Comment

Working...
                                X