SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    The probability of an IFE failure affecting your seat on an SQ JumboJet is probably a small fraction of 1%.
    Haha, on my flight on the 744 F (my one and only flight on SQ F so far), on the LAX - NRT portion, quite a few of the seats in F have bad IFE (including mine, but not my wife's). Some people were reseated, but I think the problem was too widespread (after a few resets), they had to switch off the IFE completely for like 30mins to 1 hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by fone View Post
      Haha, on my flight on the 744 F (my one and only flight on SQ F so far), on the LAX - NRT portion, quite a few of the seats in F have bad IFE (including mine, but not my wife's). Some people were reseated, but I think the problem was too widespread (after a few resets), they had to switch off the IFE completely for like 30mins to 1 hour.
      Sounds like one failure affecting several seats, rather than several independent failures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
        I...the IFE on the 77Ws is more problematical than on the 744s. And the 744 cabin interiors, at least in F, are in fine condition; no signs of neglect.
        Completely disagree. The 744 IFE requires a couple extra steps when utilizing a few of the features. Also its screens are always scratched far worse than the 77W.
        HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          Completely disagree. The 744 IFE requires a couple extra steps when utilizing a few of the features. Also its screens are always scratched far worse than the 77W.
          Not up to the extra steps, are we?

I've never seen a "scratched" or defective screen on an SQ 744. And I've flown on all of them multiple times.....recently, too.

Comment

I've never seen a "scratched" or defective screen on an SQ 744. And I've flown on all of them multiple times.....recently, too.
            Interesting...as I can say the exact opposite.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Whilst chatting to the IFS on SQ 11 from LAX-NRT on 9V-SPA turns out over 10 seats had IFE issues in Y and 2 seats inoperative in J.
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Had it when I was back from LA to Singapore last year.
                Once i Business class, power point at seat was not working.
                Happen in 777 to and from Bangkok (at least twice).
                AND once in Shanghai to Singapore.
                Very bad in keeping these system up and working.

Comment

• What is the status of SPN? Last I heard, she was put back in service over a month ago but don't see any logged flights on ACARS. Is she in SIN?

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                    Whilst chatting to the IFS on SQ 11 from LAX-NRT on 9V-SPA turns out over 10 seats had IFE issues in Y and 2 seats inoperative in J.

I guess now not worth going for a first class flight on 747 since aircraft interiors/lighting/seat is so not well maintained anymore ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                      What is the status of SPN? Last I heard, she was put back in service over a month ago but don't see any logged flights on ACARS. Is she in SIN?
                      She was put back in service last evening (28/10) on the SQ26 to FRA/JFK.

Comment

• well for redemption is not bad is just 150k plus from lax to sin rountrip first class

Comment

• Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
                          well for redemption is not bad is just 150k plus from lax to sin rountrip first class
                          Yeah, that's what I thought while my friend prefers the non-stop flight on the A345.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                            What is the status of SPN? Last I heard, she was put back in service over a month ago but don't see any logged flights on ACARS. Is she in SIN?
                            I noticed on ACARS that 9V-SPM did a flight SQ744 on 23rd October 2010. Is it leaving the fleet or coming back from the desert? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

• I think SPM was stored in 2009 so i think it would be returning to the fleet.

Comment

• The return of 9V-SPM and 9V-SPN suggest that the JumboJets may be with us for longer than we previously believed.

Comment

Working...
                                X