No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm good idea for SQ to maybe consider getting 747-800 =) SEE SIA.

A380 WHALE JETS AINT GOOD!!! anyways well i do hope sq 11 and sq 12 have a change of aircraft I am getting bored of flying the same aircraft my routes are mainly SIN- LAX- SIN

Comment

• SQ 12 from this Thursday

SIN-NRT Full in F/J/Y. I think there were a couple open seats in Y but that's about it.

NRT-LAX 8/12 in F. Of the 8, 4 were in one party. I'm not sure if he might have been traveling on company business, but the guy in 1B SIN-NRT took the entire row 4 with what seemed like his wife and 2 young kids. I don't mean to stereotype, but he had one of those briefcases you often see pilots have. Should also mention he had a nice DSLR as he was cleaning his gear inflight

Comment

• I've seen SQ pilots fly in F a couple of times. Usually not in uniform, or if they are you can't tell until they get to the destination and pull a flight bag out or slap on their eppaullets. Last time on SQ 001 (77W), I was in 2A, with only two or three other pax in F. Smoking hot young pilot, but he kept walking past us into the C cabin.

Comment

• hi, SPN is going to be parked in dessert. along wif some SQ freighters.
          life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lame38.5 View Post
            hi, SPN is going to be parked in dessert. along wif some SQ freighters.
            Saw SPN today devoid of logo and titles parked at stand 310.

Comment

• Originally posted by lame38.5 View Post
              hi, SPN is going to be parked in dessert. along wif some SQ freighters.
              Hmmm, I would like some of that. Must be one big dessert to fit all of that

But seriously, with the market picking up, frequency increases expected and no new deliveries expected except for the A333s, shouldn't they be keeping hold of whatever a/c they have.

As for the freighters, saw a line of them( 7+) at the freighter bay 500+ all with no power. And also saw pullmantur air B744 at bay 400+. Assume it must be an ex-SQ.

Comment

• sigh sq 11/12 still 744 and its 2010..... no hopes of aircraft change.

They should put a fat whale jet. since seats are all freaking sold out from the 2nd onwards first avaliable seat is 9 jan.

Trying to get 3 f seats 4 5 6 all on waitlist I spilt my mother and bothers up maybe have a higher chance of getting.

Funny is all 3 are LPP still no seats.

Comment

• To re-check flight times, I searched for F BKK-LAX departing BKK Jan. 4th. Connections to SQ 12 on Jan. 5th were available. I was only looking for one seat, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                    And also saw pullmantur air B744 at bay 400+. Assume it must be an ex-SQ.
                    ex-SMW was in SIN for a D-Check after being on lease to GA for Haj flights.

Comment

• They told me my mother wasnt confirmed yet just called again.

4 5 6 jan can you believe that!!! wtf

Comment

• Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
                        They told me my mother wasnt confirmed yet just called again.

If a LPPS cannot have a chance so far...what does a lesser mortal liked most of us stand a chance. Wondered if it just after the New Year travel or a sign of more airfare increase?

I was trying to figure what wtf was and have several ideas in mind.

Comment

• SQ 11 is available in F/J/Y on all those dates NRT-SIN. The issue is probably due to Japanese/American expatriates returning to Japan after the New Year holidays in America. I'm not surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
                            They told me my mother wasnt confirmed yet just called again.

To be honest - LPP won't work if the people that have already booked (regardless of status) are also ticketed.

Unfortunately that's commercially sensitive information, so I doubt SQ will tell you what the numbers are, but if 12 are booked, and 12 are ticketed on all those days, you're out of luck.

Comment

• The issue is wanting/needing 3 seats in F. If you can send two pax at a time, you can go tomorrow with me on SQ 12. SQ.com selling two seats, but three seats not available until Jan. 7th. Remember, you are asking for 25% of the cabin on the only flight each day.

BTW: Greetings from SKL F T2, just came in on SQ 973 from BKK. 9V-SRH had the main screen in the J cabin malfunctioning, so we had to all bring up our PTV's and watch the safety video on that. Flight packed. Long delay waiting to open the door at Changi, though, perhaps as security got in line for arrivals screening.

Comment

• The 744 fleet count is still listed at 9. Is SQ replacing SPN with SMW (or any other parked 744 (SPM))? As mentioned by Nick C a few months ago, SQ seems to try to maintain a higher resale value on their own 744s, which are the newer ones, by grounding them, and continue to log in more flight hours on the older ones, which are on lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X